NJ Paper: RJ to Lakers a real possibility

Postby Vincey on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:16 am

Andrew Evenstar wrote:
Vincey wrote:How are you guys so certain he can't play the 3? You guys crack me up.

None of us know how the chemistry will change, how the ball will move, and how the general offense flows with Andrew coming back.

Sure I am open to moving Odom, but I really don't understand how anyone is definitively saying Odom has no chance to play the 3. And there's no logic in saying "since he couldn't play the 4, he won't be able to play the 3." What the Hell?


You look around at other 3's in the league. They are pretty good shooters or defenders, which Odom is not.

You have:

Artest
Paul Peirce
Mike Miller
Battier
RJ
Posey
Marion
Caron Butler
Carmelo

We either need a great shooter or defender at this position. You take away 1/2 of Pierce's game in the finals and we win. By inserting RJ, Artest, Battier... it probably be cheaper and more effective than Odom.

Like I said, I am open to trading him but just because he's not a deadeye shooter doesn't mean he can't be effective and efficient in this offense. He's shown over the course of his career that he has a midrange game, but he went away from that this year, especially towards the end of the playoffs.
User avatar
Vincey

 
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA.

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:26 am

This the last game RJ played against the Celtics. Notice Paul Pierce's numbers:




Game Links : Game Final Boxscore Full Play-By-Play Recap Real Time Fantasy Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook New Jersey Nets (34-48)
Field Goals Rebounds
pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
R.Jefferson F 43:31 10-15 1-3 3-4 -10 0 2 2 6 5 1 2 0 0 24
N.Krstic F 30:41 4-11 0-0 5-6 -2 1 11 12 2 2 1 3 0 3 13
D.Diop C 18:37 3-6 0-0 0-0 +8 1 6 7 1 1 1 0 2 1 6
V.Carter G 23:55 3-5 3-4 0-0 +6 0 0 0 3 2 0 4 0 0 9
D.Harris G 24:00 2-5 1-2 3-4 -3 0 0 0 7 1 1 3 0 0 8
B.Nachbar 15:56 3-9 1-4 4-4 -11 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 11
S.Swift 18:10 1-3 0-0 6-6 -12 0 4 4 0 4 2 0 1 0 8
S.Williams 16:32 0-3 0-0 2-4 -9 1 2 3 1 2 0 2 0 1 2
M.Williams 24:00 1-5 1-3 1-2 -8 1 5 6 5 1 1 0 0 0 4
M.Ager 18:15 4-7 1-2 0-0 -10 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 9
D.Armstrong DNP - Coach's Decision
T.Hassell DNP - Coach's Decision

Total 240 31-71 8-19 24-30 4 32 36 28 20 7 14 4 6 94
43.7% 42.1% 80.0% Team Rebs: 11 Total TO: 15
Boston Celtics (66-16)
Field Goals Rebounds
pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
P.Pierce F 16:58 2-5 1-2 2-2 -1 0 2 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 7
K.Garnett F 13:54 4-8 0-0 0-0 +5 0 4 4 1 0 2 0 3 0 8
K.Perkins C 19:51 1-2 0-0 1-2 -6 0 1 1 3 3 0 2 1 0 3
R.Allen G 17:28 1-4 1-2 0-0 +1 1 2 3 1 2 0 2 0 1 3
S.Cassell G 18:55 4-7 1-1 0-0 -1 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 0 9
E.House 16:32 4-9 2-4 0-0 +13 0 2 2 1 1 4 2 0 0 10
B.Scalabrine 29:05 2-7 2-4 1-2 +12 2 4 6 3 3 0 1 0 0 7
P.Brown 10:19 0-0 0-0 0-0 +2 3 1 4 1 2 0 0 1 0 0
L.Powe 34:06 9-16 0-0 9-13 +6 5 6 11 1 3 0 2 0 1 27
T.Allen 32:29 5-9 0-1 8-8 +10 0 5 5 3 3 1 1 1 0 18
G.Pruitt 12:33 2-6 1-1 0-0 -1 0 1 1 3 2 0 0 0 2 5
G.Davis 17:50 3-9 0-0 2-3 +15 1 4 5 1 4 0 3 0 0 8

Total 240 37-82 8-15 23-30 12 32 44 22 24 10 13 6 4 105
45.1% 53.3% 76.7% Team Rebs: 7 Total TO: 13
Inactive

DO IT MITCH!!!! :jam2:
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
User avatar
CarolinaLakerFan

 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 am
Location: South Carolina

Postby venturalakersfan on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:28 am

RobinHood wrote:If we want RJ we might have to do it as soon as draft night.. with the 10th pick also being in our motivation to do the trade most likely. things should get interesting in the next few days.


With the 10 pick? Sure, go for it.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
User avatar
venturalakersfan

 
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Ventura

Postby chug o nomics on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:29 am

It won't happen, but if it does, who would be get with the 10th pick? We don't need him, but I'd love DeAndre Jordan.
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
User avatar
chug o nomics

 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:10 pm

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:30 am

Vincey wrote:
Andrew Evenstar wrote:
Vincey wrote:How are you guys so certain he can't play the 3? You guys crack me up.

None of us know how the chemistry will change, how the ball will move, and how the general offense flows with Andrew coming back.

Sure I am open to moving Odom, but I really don't understand how anyone is definitively saying Odom has no chance to play the 3. And there's no logic in saying "since he couldn't play the 4, he won't be able to play the 3." What the Hell?


You look around at other 3's in the league. They are pretty good shooters or defenders, which Odom is not.

You have:

Artest
Paul Peirce
Mike Miller
Battier
RJ
Posey
Marion
Caron Butler
Carmelo

We either need a great shooter or defender at this position. You take away 1/2 of Pierce's game in the finals and we win. By inserting RJ, Artest, Battier... it probably be cheaper and more effective than Odom.

Like I said, I am open to trading him but just because he's not a deadeye shooter doesn't mean he can't be effective and efficient in this offense. He's shown over the course of his career that he has a midrange game, but he went away from that this year, especially towards the end of the playoffs.


If you call 3 of 10 a midrange game, ok then.

You should make a poll of how many shots out of 10 Odom would make from 15 feet and out. He is not a good shooter.
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby pd23 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:30 am

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:This the last game RJ played against the Celtics. Notice Paul Pierce's numbers:




Game Links : Game Final Boxscore Full Play-By-Play Recap Real Time Fantasy Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook New Jersey Nets (34-48)
Field Goals Rebounds
pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
R.Jefferson F 43:31 10-15 1-3 3-4 -10 0 2 2 6 5 1 2 0 0 24
N.Krstic F 30:41 4-11 0-0 5-6 -2 1 11 12 2 2 1 3 0 3 13
D.Diop C 18:37 3-6 0-0 0-0 +8 1 6 7 1 1 1 0 2 1 6
V.Carter G 23:55 3-5 3-4 0-0 +6 0 0 0 3 2 0 4 0 0 9
D.Harris G 24:00 2-5 1-2 3-4 -3 0 0 0 7 1 1 3 0 0 8
B.Nachbar 15:56 3-9 1-4 4-4 -11 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 11
S.Swift 18:10 1-3 0-0 6-6 -12 0 4 4 0 4 2 0 1 0 8
S.Williams 16:32 0-3 0-0 2-4 -9 1 2 3 1 2 0 2 0 1 2
M.Williams 24:00 1-5 1-3 1-2 -8 1 5 6 5 1 1 0 0 0 4
M.Ager 18:15 4-7 1-2 0-0 -10 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 9
D.Armstrong DNP - Coach's Decision
T.Hassell DNP - Coach's Decision

Total 240 31-71 8-19 24-30 4 32 36 28 20 7 14 4 6 94
43.7% 42.1% 80.0% Team Rebs: 11 Total TO: 15
Boston Celtics (66-16)
Field Goals Rebounds
pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
P.Pierce F 16:58 2-5 1-2 2-2 -1 0 2 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 7
K.Garnett F 13:54 4-8 0-0 0-0 +5 0 4 4 1 0 2 0 3 0 8
K.Perkins C 19:51 1-2 0-0 1-2 -6 0 1 1 3 3 0 2 1 0 3
R.Allen G 17:28 1-4 1-2 0-0 +1 1 2 3 1 2 0 2 0 1 3
S.Cassell G 18:55 4-7 1-1 0-0 -1 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 0 9
E.House 16:32 4-9 2-4 0-0 +13 0 2 2 1 1 4 2 0 0 10
B.Scalabrine 29:05 2-7 2-4 1-2 +12 2 4 6 3 3 0 1 0 0 7
P.Brown 10:19 0-0 0-0 0-0 +2 3 1 4 1 2 0 0 1 0 0
L.Powe 34:06 9-16 0-0 9-13 +6 5 6 11 1 3 0 2 0 1 27
T.Allen 32:29 5-9 0-1 8-8 +10 0 5 5 3 3 1 1 1 0 18
G.Pruitt 12:33 2-6 1-1 0-0 -1 0 1 1 3 2 0 0 0 2 5
G.Davis 17:50 3-9 0-0 2-3 +15 1 4 5 1 4 0 3 0 0 8

Total 240 37-82 8-15 23-30 12 32 44 22 24 10 13 6 4 105
45.1% 53.3% 76.7% Team Rebs: 7 Total TO: 13
Inactive

DO IT MITCH!!!! :jam2:
Did you also notice he only played 17 mins.
pd23

 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Postby pd23 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 am

Here are links to all games vs. Boston.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271110017
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271114002
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280111017
RJ was pretty good against them. Led the Nets in scoring each game.
pd23

 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:35 am

pd23 wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:This the last game RJ played against the Celtics. Notice Paul Pierce's numbers:




Game Links : Game Final Boxscore Full Play-By-Play Recap Real Time Fantasy Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook New Jersey Nets (34-48)
Field Goals Rebounds
pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
R.Jefferson F 43:31 10-15 1-3 3-4 -10 0 2 2 6 5 1 2 0 0 24
N.Krstic F 30:41 4-11 0-0 5-6 -2 1 11 12 2 2 1 3 0 3 13
D.Diop C 18:37 3-6 0-0 0-0 +8 1 6 7 1 1 1 0 2 1 6
V.Carter G 23:55 3-5 3-4 0-0 +6 0 0 0 3 2 0 4 0 0 9
D.Harris G 24:00 2-5 1-2 3-4 -3 0 0 0 7 1 1 3 0 0 8
B.Nachbar 15:56 3-9 1-4 4-4 -11 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 11
S.Swift 18:10 1-3 0-0 6-6 -12 0 4 4 0 4 2 0 1 0 8
S.Williams 16:32 0-3 0-0 2-4 -9 1 2 3 1 2 0 2 0 1 2
M.Williams 24:00 1-5 1-3 1-2 -8 1 5 6 5 1 1 0 0 0 4
M.Ager 18:15 4-7 1-2 0-0 -10 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 9
D.Armstrong DNP - Coach's Decision
T.Hassell DNP - Coach's Decision

Total 240 31-71 8-19 24-30 4 32 36 28 20 7 14 4 6 94
43.7% 42.1% 80.0% Team Rebs: 11 Total TO: 15
Boston Celtics (66-16)
Field Goals Rebounds
pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
P.Pierce F 16:58 2-5 1-2 2-2 -1 0 2 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 7
K.Garnett F 13:54 4-8 0-0 0-0 +5 0 4 4 1 0 2 0 3 0 8
K.Perkins C 19:51 1-2 0-0 1-2 -6 0 1 1 3 3 0 2 1 0 3
R.Allen G 17:28 1-4 1-2 0-0 +1 1 2 3 1 2 0 2 0 1 3
S.Cassell G 18:55 4-7 1-1 0-0 -1 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 0 9
E.House 16:32 4-9 2-4 0-0 +13 0 2 2 1 1 4 2 0 0 10
B.Scalabrine 29:05 2-7 2-4 1-2 +12 2 4 6 3 3 0 1 0 0 7
P.Brown 10:19 0-0 0-0 0-0 +2 3 1 4 1 2 0 0 1 0 0
L.Powe 34:06 9-16 0-0 9-13 +6 5 6 11 1 3 0 2 0 1 27
T.Allen 32:29 5-9 0-1 8-8 +10 0 5 5 3 3 1 1 1 0 18
G.Pruitt 12:33 2-6 1-1 0-0 -1 0 1 1 3 2 0 0 0 2 5
G.Davis 17:50 3-9 0-0 2-3 +15 1 4 5 1 4 0 3 0 0 8

Total 240 37-82 8-15 23-30 12 32 44 22 24 10 13 6 4 105
45.1% 53.3% 76.7% Team Rebs: 7 Total TO: 13
Inactive

DO IT MITCH!!!! :jam2:
Did you also notice he only played 17 mins.


Yeah, I noticed. I'm grasping for straws here! :man1: Anything to upgrade us at SF position.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
User avatar
CarolinaLakerFan

 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 am
Location: South Carolina

Postby Vincey on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:37 am

Andrew Evenstar wrote:
Vincey wrote:
Andrew Evenstar wrote:
If you call 3 of 10 a midrange game, ok then.

You should make a poll of how many shots out of 10 Odom would make from 15 feet and out. He is not a good shooter.

So you're saying the only positive impact he has on the game offensively is driving to the hoop? I question your eye for the game, since he was totally comfortable on the Clippers/Heat on the perimeter.

I'm not calling him a sharpshooter by any stretch, but he has shown that ability. Obviously there are better shooters at the 3 in the league. I'm not about to question that.. I question how or why anyone would want to give up on the prospects of the new lineup before training camp.

Again don't get me wrong, if management indeed ships Odom off this summer I'll be fine with that. The problem with Odom is that he's mentally fragile. With that said, I feel like giving this new lineup a chance.
User avatar
Vincey

 
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA.

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:38 am

pd23 wrote:Here are links to all games vs. Boston.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271110017
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271114002
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280111017
RJ was pretty good against them. Led the Nets in scoring each game.



What I like most is he gets to the FT line, which means he's aggressively creating his own shot. :jam2:
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
User avatar
CarolinaLakerFan

 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 am
Location: South Carolina

Postby Whatthef? on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 am

We don't even know if Bynum can play yet, nobody's going anywhere. Artest is a cancer, don't want him and noone is going to offer him more money than he can make in Sacto, and they only want a No. 1 pick and a quality player for him. Thanks to Mitch we're stuck with Walton and Radman for the next five years. :jam2:
User avatar
Whatthef?

 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: SactownLaker

Postby pd23 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 am

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:
pd23 wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:This the last game RJ played against the Celtics. Notice Paul Pierce's numbers:




Game Links : Game Final Boxscore Full Play-By-Play Recap Real Time Fantasy Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook New Jersey Nets (34-48)
Field Goals Rebounds
pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
R.Jefferson F 43:31 10-15 1-3 3-4 -10 0 2 2 6 5 1 2 0 0 24
N.Krstic F 30:41 4-11 0-0 5-6 -2 1 11 12 2 2 1 3 0 3 13
D.Diop C 18:37 3-6 0-0 0-0 +8 1 6 7 1 1 1 0 2 1 6
V.Carter G 23:55 3-5 3-4 0-0 +6 0 0 0 3 2 0 4 0 0 9
D.Harris G 24:00 2-5 1-2 3-4 -3 0 0 0 7 1 1 3 0 0 8
B.Nachbar 15:56 3-9 1-4 4-4 -11 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 11
S.Swift 18:10 1-3 0-0 6-6 -12 0 4 4 0 4 2 0 1 0 8
S.Williams 16:32 0-3 0-0 2-4 -9 1 2 3 1 2 0 2 0 1 2
M.Williams 24:00 1-5 1-3 1-2 -8 1 5 6 5 1 1 0 0 0 4
M.Ager 18:15 4-7 1-2 0-0 -10 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 9
D.Armstrong DNP - Coach's Decision
T.Hassell DNP - Coach's Decision

Total 240 31-71 8-19 24-30 4 32 36 28 20 7 14 4 6 94
43.7% 42.1% 80.0% Team Rebs: 11 Total TO: 15
Boston Celtics (66-16)
Field Goals Rebounds
pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
P.Pierce F 16:58 2-5 1-2 2-2 -1 0 2 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 7
K.Garnett F 13:54 4-8 0-0 0-0 +5 0 4 4 1 0 2 0 3 0 8
K.Perkins C 19:51 1-2 0-0 1-2 -6 0 1 1 3 3 0 2 1 0 3
R.Allen G 17:28 1-4 1-2 0-0 +1 1 2 3 1 2 0 2 0 1 3
S.Cassell G 18:55 4-7 1-1 0-0 -1 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 0 9
E.House 16:32 4-9 2-4 0-0 +13 0 2 2 1 1 4 2 0 0 10
B.Scalabrine 29:05 2-7 2-4 1-2 +12 2 4 6 3 3 0 1 0 0 7
P.Brown 10:19 0-0 0-0 0-0 +2 3 1 4 1 2 0 0 1 0 0
L.Powe 34:06 9-16 0-0 9-13 +6 5 6 11 1 3 0 2 0 1 27
T.Allen 32:29 5-9 0-1 8-8 +10 0 5 5 3 3 1 1 1 0 18
G.Pruitt 12:33 2-6 1-1 0-0 -1 0 1 1 3 2 0 0 0 2 5
G.Davis 17:50 3-9 0-0 2-3 +15 1 4 5 1 4 0 3 0 0 8

Total 240 37-82 8-15 23-30 12 32 44 22 24 10 13 6 4 105
45.1% 53.3% 76.7% Team Rebs: 7 Total TO: 13
Inactive

DO IT MITCH!!!! :jam2:
Did you also notice he only played 17 mins.


Yeah, I noticed. I'm grasping for straws here! :man1: Anything to upgrade us at SF position.
The boy can score, he had 12 games with 30+ points, and 42 games between 20 and 29 points, and 14 games with 15 + points. Thats 68 games over 15 points with a good amount of 30s and 20s in there. I didn't know he was that good. LO cant do that
pd23

 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Postby pd23 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:46 am

Whatthef? wrote:We don't even know if Bynum can play yet, nobody's going anywhere. Artest is a cancer, don't want him and noone is going to offer him more money than he can make in Sacto, and they only want a No. 1 pick and a quality player for him. Thanks to Mitch we're stuck with Walton and Radman for the next five years. :jam2:
Im suprised you say this while you live in SAC. I also live in Sac and it no secret that he is as good as gone, they are not paying him big money and once his contract expires they will let him go. They wanted to trade him last year for picks but didn't work out. He will either opt out or be trade this year, but one thing is certain is that he will not be in sac after the 08-09 season and could be traded or opt out before that.
pd23

 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Postby NaaaMean on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:but then that means we cant get rid of luke since theyre in love with each other
User avatar
NaaaMean

 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby NaaaMean on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:but then that means we cant get rid of luke since theyre in love with each other
:man10:
User avatar
NaaaMean

 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:59 am

if it happens it happens in the next seven days...
Image
User avatar
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby LakersFan1211 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:00 am

RJ will be really great . :jam2:
User avatar
LakersFan1211

 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:36 am
Location: Born in LA, Raised in Cowtown. -.-

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:04 am

personally I still rather have Artest, Battier, or Prince...


Tayshaun Prince is who we need...
Image
User avatar
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby last stand on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:04 am

if we have to take on richard jeffersons monster deal i want

richard jefferson, marcus williams and josh boone
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 am

leftymo wrote:LA's not getting RJ, or Gilbert, or all the other million bogus ideas.


Uh, going into next season if we aren't the favorites to win it all, we're 2nd. Why would we NEED anything?



Now, the idea is, what LA needs at the SF spot. If it isn't Odom.

Artest is young, so he'd fit in better for a longer run, but he's also a loose cannon! Not exactly a player you want on a young team easily influenced.

Marion is older, he's 30-31 now. But he does all the little things. Putbacks, extra rebounds, defense, steals, and hits the 3. We wouldn't need to run an offense for him, and he would definitely benefit off of two big guys like Pau/Bynum. Plus he can run the break and unlike Odom, finishes more than he doesn't.


the matrix is useless without a dynamic real pg to get him the ball on the break and breakdown defenses. (which we don't have)
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Postby last stand on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 am

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:personally I still rather have Artest, Battier, or Prince...


Tayshaun Prince is who we need...


teyshaun prince over 2 years has proven to me that his perimeter defense is vastly overrated

he got worked by pierce, lebron, dwayne wade and those are the type of guys he'd be here to defend

artest is the best option by far
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Amongst:Kings on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 am

all i see people mentioning is his highlight dunks and the open shots he gets...

offense was not and is not our problem. IT IS DEFENSE.

I love RJ and think he'd be a great fit, but I think we need a more defensive minded player (RON ARTEST)

Mike Miller is also useless to us. He makes our offense better but adds nothing defensively. He works hard but thats it. I'd take Odom over Miller all day every day.

How about,

Odom to NJ (one year extention)
Jefferson to Sacramento
Artest, Thomas to LA

NJ gets a good lineup for two seasons and then have cap space for Bron while in the meantime they put fans in the seats.

Sacramento gets the best possible value for Artest they will. He has a long contract but he is a big time player.

Lakers get Ron and take on Kenny Thomas who could be a 3 string C.

If that fails we could get NY involved and Jefferson could go there in something like this:

Odom to NJ (one year extention)
Jefferson to NY
Artest to LA
Malik Rose, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman fo Sac
Amongst:Kings

 
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 am

He is a LA native as well...so for a local kid, I would do it..

but NJ needs to accept a bad contract with him and probably throw in something. RJ is not that good to trade Odom for him who can play in the east AND is an expiring K.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby last stand on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:13 am

Amongst:Kings wrote:all i see people mentioning is his highlight dunks and the open shots he gets...

offense was not and is not our problem. IT IS DEFENSE.

I love RJ and think he'd be a great fit, but I think we need a more defensive minded player (RON ARTEST)

Mike Miller is also useless to us. He makes our offense better but adds nothing defensively. He works hard but thats it. I'd take Odom over Miller all day every day.

How about,

Odom to NJ (one year extention)
Jefferson to Sacramento
Artest, Thomas to LA

NJ gets a good lineup for two seasons and then have cap space for Bron while in the meantime they put fans in the seats.

Sacramento gets the best possible value for Artest they will. He has a long contract but he is a big time player.

Lakers get Ron and take on Kenny Thomas who could be a 3 string C.

If that fails we could get NY involved and Jefferson could go there in something like this:

Odom to NJ (one year extention)
Jefferson to NY
Artest to LA
Malik Rose, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman fo Sac


3-way deals rarely get done

anything with odom will be a team to team trade

i'm fine with lamar+vladamir radmonovic for richard jefferson+marcus williams+josh boone
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Radner on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:13 am

KB24@CL wrote:He is a LA native as well...so for a local kid, I would do it..

but NJ needs to accept a bad contract with him and probably throw in something. RJ is not that good to trade Odom for him who can play in the east AND is an expiring K.


Lamar and Vlad for RJ and Hassell

The Nets may lose Nachbar to free agency, so they could use Vlad.

This is all dependent on whether they are planning to cut salary.
Last edited by Radner on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radner

 
Posts: 14094
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.