Ric Bucher thinks the Lakers should trade Kobe

Re: Ric Bucher thinks the Lakers should trade Kobe

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 am

Neo wrote:Out of curiousity: suppose Kobe was actually traded for three or four good players. How do you think fans would react to Jim Buss' decision?

Good players do not make a Superstar player.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Jporkel on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:45 am

Neo wrote:Out of curiousity: suppose Kobe was actually traded for three or four good players. How do you think fans would react to Jim Buss' decision?

Lakers fans would evaluate the talent received and try to determine if the team was better or worse off after the trade as well as how the move impacted the team going forward.
Jporkel

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:46 am

If you trade Kobe you have to get a superstar in return. 3 or 4 good players won't cut it.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby odom1year on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 pm

the best_24 wrote:This is the funniest thread I've ever seen in my life.

The funniest thing is the best player to lead his team from winning to losing.
odom1year

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Even if Lakers tried, it's literally impossible to move him.

I can definitely see the Lakers using amnesty on Kobe either next year or the year after....i would HATE to see it happen but if Kobe declines drastically, i could see it happening.
FabFourLakers

Postby JGC on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Ric Bucher did not say he thinks the Lakers should trade Kobe. Well, he did, but there is a major qualifier missing here.

He said that if Jim Buss was trying to get rid of everything Phil Jackson, then he should also trade Kobe.

But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to start threads with many posts! Just don't go calling ESPN BSPN now though!
JGC

Postby magicman32 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm

how bout instead of trading him, the coach just leave him on the bench when the team is playing well without him and winning the game by 12 points with 5 minutes left, but instead tonight against HOU Kobe was put back in and they went away from Sessions pick and roll to Kobe isolation.

makes no sense.

Brown needs to grow some cajones and bench Kobe when he is playing selfish and shooting horribly like he's done a lot this season
magicman32

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Even if Lakers tried, it's literally impossible to move him.

I can definitely see the Lakers using amnesty on Kobe either next year or the year after....i would HATE to see it happen but if Kobe declines drastically, i could see it happening.

Even though his play doesn't warrant his current contract he's still a huge draw and makes the Lakers a ton of $$$$ and would do the same for a lot of other teams. However it's still an ugly contract and completely blocks a team from getting the players it needs.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Jporkel on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:Even if Lakers tried, it's literally impossible to move him.

Even though his play doesn't warrant his current contract he's still a huge draw and makes the Lakers a ton of $$$$ and would do the same for a lot of other teams. However it's still an ugly contract and completely blocks a team from getting the players it needs.

Lakers FO has to evaluate how much he brings in, versus how much he costs including luxury tax, versus how much a rebuilt team without him would bring in. I don't see an obvious answer.
Jporkel

Postby intuitivelOve on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:13 pm

I want to see Kobe get 7 rings, so I wish the lakers buy him out of his contract.
intuitivelOve

Postby odom1year on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:I want to see Kobe get 7 rings, so I wish the lakers buy him out of his contract.

7 rings !? Kobe better changes his game. The first step is taking 7 shots less. :mad1:
odom1year

Postby Jporkel on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:I want to see Kobe get 7 rings, so I wish the lakers buy him out of his contract.

I want to see the Lakers get rings nos. 17 and 18 to get ahead of the Celtics. Frankly, I don't care who the payers on those Laker championship teams are.
Jporkel

Postby Doberman on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:38 pm

If he keeps playing like Allen Iverson, we should definitely dump him.
Doberman

Postby 24fanyes on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Wow you guys all wait til he has an awful game to dig up this gem huh?

:man10: :man10:

where was this thread during our 5 game win streak? :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
24fanyes

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:27 am

Well to be honest it was 2 consecutive bad games...

Kobe for Melo :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LosAngelesKing on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:00 am

It's pretty obv to me that the Lakers will amnesty Kobe after next season
LosAngelesKing

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:54 am

LosAngelesKing wrote:It's pretty obv to me that the Lakers will amnesty Kobe after next season

you should interview for the lakersnew GM job
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby kray28 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:58 am

Amnestying Kobe will basically mean that the Lakers still pay Kobe $30 million....while he plays for another team.
kray28

Postby Jporkel on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 am

kray28 wrote:Amnestying Kobe will basically mean that the Lakers still pay Kobe $30 million....while he plays for another team.

Amnestying Kobe means that the Lakers - with Pau and Bynum and assuming Sessions exercises his player option - are instantly $13M below the luxury cap with vastly more options for filling out the roster and are a recevier, rather than payer, of luxury taxes.
Jporkel

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 am

kray28 wrote:Amnestying Kobe will basically mean that the Lakers still pay Kobe $30 million....while he plays for another team.
People keep assuming it's about saving money itself. It's about having 30 mil less against the cap & tax. We could actually have cap room next season if we amnesty Kobe. The thought of using Amnesty on Kobe is insane but I do think when his current deal is up something other than an extension needs to happen. We need to get Kobe to take a deal starting at 15-18.. & that's assuming he doesn't decline any more over the next 2 seasons. We'll truly see how much Kobe values winning when that contract is up. Imagine if he signed for like 5M to give us flexibility for him to get to 10 rings? Sounds impossible in this day & age but Kobe has always put winning first. I truly think he cares more about where he'll rank all time than how many hundreds of millions he retires with. Only time will tell
lakersin4

Postby GoatMilk16 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:47 am

^about not caring about money at this point in his life, remember, Vanessa is getting half so he's going to want as much money as he can get for himself....
GoatMilk16

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:49 am

LosAngelesKing wrote:It's pretty obv to me that the Lakers will amnesty Kobe after next season

It's pretty obvious to me you have no idea what you're talking about.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby jlkr on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 am

lakersin4 wrote:
People keep assuming it's about saving money itself. It's about having 30 mil less against the cap & tax. We could actually have cap room next season if we amnesty Kobe. The thought of using Amnesty on Kobe is insane but I do think when his current deal is up something other than an extension needs to happen. We need to get Kobe to take a deal starting at 15-18.. & that's assuming he doesn't decline any more over the next 2 seasons. We'll truly see how much Kobe values winning when that contract is up. Imagine if he signed for like 5M to give us flexibility for him to get to 10 rings? Sounds impossible in this day & age but Kobe has always put winning first. I truly think he cares more about where he'll rank all time than how many hundreds of millions he retires with. Only time will tell

That'll be the day... haha. Kobe has always been about the max and he has been grossly underpaid all these years considering how many butts he puts into the seats. That said, he will decline over the next two years, no two ways about it, he'll be 35 in the last season of that contract. You thought his shooting is poor this year, wait until you see him that year.

Meaning what? They could amnesty Kobe. How? Well that will be the big deal to watch this summer: Pau is gone no matter what, the question is: do they use the amnesty on MWP or not? If they don't use the amnesty on MWP this summer, then they could potentially be holding it for Kobe in 2013 to see how much he declines by the end of next season. Remember too, 2013 is when the new luxury tax scheme starts up...

If Kobe is kept around to the end of his contract, there's no way the team extends him at the max, he will be asked to take $10m-12m on a two year deal with a team option after the first year. Two years at most as the CBA does not permit longer deals at age 36 and older. If he won't do that, he's gone or retired. And then he'll find out no one else will pay max for him at that age.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 am

I hope kobe goes to an East coast team... hence I live in the east coast.

you laker fans don't deserve such a player and like i've said a billion times over this franchise will go down the drain once kobe leaves.. good luck with that
24fanyes

Postby Jporkel on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:35 am

24fanyes wrote:I hope kobe goes to an East coast team... hence I live in the east coast.

you laker fans don't deserve such a player and like i've said a billion times over this franchise will go down the drain once kobe leaves.. good luck with that

Why? The Lakers had a lot of success before Kobe arrived, and will have success after he's gone. Even with the new CBA, team owners who are willing to spend for a championship quality team will have an advantage over those owners who aren't willing to spend.
Jporkel

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard