Ric Bucher thinks the Lakers should trade Kobe

Re: Ric Bucher thinks the Lakers should trade Kobe

Postby XXIV on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Triple post says it all.
XXIV

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 pm

LOL you guys actually think people in LA and on the road go to games to see the "Lakers"??????
:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

They go to see "Kobe"....

Kobe is a bigger brand than the Lakers like it or not
24fanyes

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:47 pm

24fanyes wrote:btw u all have been on my ignore list since forever LOL

Um.. two questions....

1. If you have them on your ignore list why are you responding to them.
2. If you don't care what people think and you know so much more than all these Kobe-Haters why are you resorting to name calling and emoticons instead of letting your superior BBall IQ stand on its own?

Im just curious.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby TIME on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:47 pm

nameant wrote:And what are you gonna do when Kobe retires and you can no longer cradle his balls?

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:That 24fan guy has been on my ignore list for a while, no idea why anyone would want to read posts from a guy on a Laker forum that clearly doesn't care about the team and just bandwagoned to it because he wants to have sex with its star player.

Both of these posts violate site rules. I get it. 24fanyes is not a Lakers fan, but a Kobe fan. He is also over the top at times in his support for Kobe. BUT, that does not make it OK to violate site rules in responding to him.

Here is a link to the rule I'm referencing, and a quote from it to be clear. I don't really want to hand out warnings for this, but I will if it continues.

http://www.clublakers.com/site-rules/rules-for-referring-fan-groups-opposing-view-points-t83987.html

"There's been an increasingly disturbing trend around the forums of people attacking groups of posters with particular opinions. In addition, there's a pattern of using particular terms that rest of the line of personal attacks to refer to these groups.

Things like . . .

Kobe nuthuggers
Bynum jockers
Odom fanboys

. . . will not be tolerated any more.

It's baiting and makes an argument personal. There are a number ways to conduct a conversation and stick to the issue instead of making classifications and generalizations about another poster or a group of members.

Let's keep away from the condescending remarks."
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
24fanyes wrote:Kobe is a top 3 player of all time..

who's going to replace him??????? :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Top 3 Laker of all-time? Probably.

Top 3 player of all-time? No...just, no. And he's probably my favorite player of all-time.

Who is clearly better than him? MJ that's it. I don't think he's #2, but other than MJ no one is clearly better than him. That wasn't a ridiculous comment the one saying the Lakers are nothing without him is.

Kareem, Magic, Russell are all easily higher than Kobe. Then you can debate Shaq, Wilt, Duncan depending on your own preferences. Personally have Kobe at #9 right now.

When you rank top 10 players it's usually not based on talent alone.

^^ Every one of his posts in this thread is the definition of bait, just ban him already.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:53 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Kareem, Magic, Russell are all easily higher than Kobe. Then you can debate Shaq, Wilt, Duncan depending on your own preferences. P

When you rank top 10 players it's usually not based on talent alone.

^^ Every one of his posts in this thread is the definition of bait, just ban him already.

That's also preferential. Some people may not value rings as much as the next person.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:53 pm

^ Russell is the most overrated player of all time. He was a great defensive player, but obviously Kobe was on another level offensively.Russell also played in a weak era and had multiple hall of fame teammates. I don't have a problem with saying Magic and Kareem are superior, but IMO they're not clearly superior. It's basically Michael Jordan and the rest.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Russell, Magic wilt Duncan are not higher than Kobe on any list...do you have Larry Bird ahead of Kobe too?

wow Kobe gets no love

3. Kobe
2. KAJ
1. MJ
24fanyes

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Kobe has the talent, stats and rings!!!

what am i missing her? :man3:
24fanyes

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:59 pm

He's really not, I used to think he was too. But whenhen you look at his impact on those Celtics team it's fricken unreal, I had no idea about it until someone else pointed it some of the stats to me. His defense turned mediocre defensive teams into literally god-tier defensive teams. It's HIS teammates that were the overrated ones. He simply made his team better in a way no other player in NBA history can compare.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:01 pm

^ compare the talent of those years to the talent and comp Kobe has played against for 16 years...

its not even debatable
Last edited by 24fanyes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24fanyes

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:01 pm

KeepBynum wrote:^ Russell is the most overrated player of all time. He was a great defensive player, but obviously Kobe was on another level offensively.Russell also played in a weak era and had multiple hall of fame teammates. I don't have a problem with saying Magic and Kareem are superior, but IMO they're not clearly superior. It's basically Michael Jordan and the rest.

I don't think you're giving nearly enough credit to what kind of players Magic, Kareem and Russell were. They all outrank Kobe to me.

Russell was a great player. Sure, it was a different time, but 11 rings are 11 rings (& 5 MVPs are 5 MVPs). And it's not like he didn't go through great players to get those rings like Pettit, West, Baylor, Robertson & Wilt (and others).
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:02 pm

I'd put Kobe among that tier of players with Magic, Kareem, and Russell. Is he clearly better or worse than those guys? I don't think so.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:03 pm

how many teams were in the NBA back when Russell was winning? like 8??? come on........
24fanyes

Postby TIME on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:24 pm

This thread has run its course. It's been off topic for a couple of pages now. If one of you wants to start a new thread to debate Kobe's all time player ranking feel free.

In the meantime there is no way the Lakers are going to trade Kobe. Not going to happen, and Rick "Kobe will never wear the purple and gold again" Bucher doesn't exactly have a great track record here.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Graveyard