Robert Horry

Robert Horry

Postby Zenmaster5 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:28 am

After awhile of searchin the net for news on Horry's decision, this is the best thing that i have found so far.

If the Mavericks want to add Robert Horry to their roster, they might have to make a multiyear commitment to the free-agent forward.

After the Lakers recently refused to pick up the option year of his contract at $5.3 million for next season, Horry is seeking a three-year deal.

The Mavericks, San Antonio, Utah and the Lakers are in the hunt for Horry, although he said he hasn't yet received any offers.

"San Antonio wants me to wait until Monday, and Dallas is trying to figure things out," said Horry, who has an off-season home in Houston. "I'm not in any hurry. I can wait."

Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks' president of basketball operations, said "It's hard to say" if Dallas would offer Horry a three-year deal. The Mavericks have only the $4.91 million mid-level exception and $1.5 million veteran-minimum slot available.

Horry, who turns 33 next month, made $5.3 million last season.

If the Mavericks offer the entire $4.91 million exception to Horry, the total three-year package would be worth $16.203 million after figuring in annual 10 percent raises.

However, it's unlikely the Mavericks will offer Horry their entire mid-level exception, because the 6-foot-10, 235-pounder is coming off a subpar season in which he averaged only 6.5 points and 6.4 rebounds and shot a career-low-tying 38.7 percent from the field, including 28.8 percent from 3-point range.

Still, Horry, who shot 31.9 percent from the field and 5.3 percent from 3-point range in the 2003 playoffs, knows he'll eventually land somewhere he can share the experiences of the five NBA championship teams he's played with.

"At least somebody is interested in me," Horry said.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

By the looks of it, I don't think anybody has signed him yet.
Zenmaster5

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:26 pm

No and in fact he may have to wait a few days for a call from either Mark Cuban or Mitch Kupchak
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:08 pm

Already posted -- http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1409

Post this message in the other thread.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to The Graveyard