Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:37 am

therealdeal wrote::man10:

Well looks like Beasley is a no go.

How so?
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby GNC on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Could of had him at the trade deadline for peanuts. :bang:


This kill me :bang:
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16398
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:23 pm

So, in my imagined scenario, I'd see about using the mini MLE on one of the following: Hawes, Ilyasova, Mahinmi, Evans, K-Mart. I don't like K-Mart, but I don't mind his game. Ilyasova wll likely get more. Not sure about the other two, but both could help us out. Hawes would be a huge addition: outside shooting, smart passer. Basically a less-skilled version of Gasol who plays how Gasol tried to play this year but does a better job of it.

PG: Sessions/Ridnour/Morris
SG: Kobe/Goudelock/Ebanks
SF: MWP/Beasley/Eyenga
PF: Hill/Hawes/McRoberts
C: Bynum/Milicic/Sacre
This lineup compared to this season's loses a bit in the starting lineup...but not much. I expect synergy: I expect the team to gel a bit. The second unit is infinitely better. Good passer/initiator, a serious scorer, two outside shooters (one floor stretching big), and Dark...who is a mixed bag. And if we ever get to the third stringers, they're markedly better than this season.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby khmrP on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 pm

^^^so your scenario is us trading Pau for darko/beasly/ridnour? thats just gross :scurred: ...dumping blake and getting Luke back in return nets result in the same thing, same crappy $4mill/yr pg.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^so your scenario is us trading Pau for darko/beasly/ridnour? thats just gross :scurred: ...dumping blake and getting Luke back in return nets result in the same thing, same crappy $4mill/yr pg.

Yes, because unless something magical happens, Gasol+Bynum doesn't work. Given that, LA has to make a move.

Gasol's value is low.
Beasley could be our SF for years to come. He could certainly be a better 6th man than anything on our team now.
Darko is a player I think we have to take to do the deal. I think he is an intriguing player who has played well for stretched.
Ridnour is an upgrade over Blake. Plays faster, better ball handler, better passer.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Wolves looking at Stiemsma
12:27
PM ET
Minnesota Timberwolves
RECOMMEND3COMMENTS4EMAIL

The Timberwolves are reportedly looking at Celtics' big man Greg Stiemsma to solidify their frontcourt depth.

Jessica Camerato reports that the restricted free agent will meet with Minnesota today, per his agent.

The Wolves are also rumored to be in trade talks with Pau Gasol, where they'd likely have to include second-year forward Derrick Williams and possibly emerging center Nikola Pekovic in any such deal. Trade or no trade, the Wolves need more size in the interior and that's one thing Stiemsma can offer.

- Joe Kaiser


Just looking at the bolded....

Pau / McFly for Williams / Pecker / Barea

Hill (sign and trade ) for Beasley (sign and trade).....to complete the whole deal.

Sessions / Barea / Morris
Kobe / DJO / Glock
MWP / Ebanks / Eyenga
Williams / Beasley
Bynum / Pecker

Still have the TPE and mini-MLE to get another scorer off the bench. And of course dump Blake.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby khmrP on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:56 pm

trodgers wrote:
khmrP wrote:^^^so your scenario is us trading Pau for darko/beasly/ridnour? thats just gross :scurred: ...dumping blake and getting Luke back in return nets result in the same thing, same crappy $4mill/yr pg.

Yes, because unless something magical happens, Gasol+Bynum doesn't work. Given that, LA has to make a move.

Gasol's value is low.
Beasley could be our SF for years to come. He could certainly be a better 6th man than anything on our team now.
Darko is a player I think we have to take to do the deal. I think he is an intriguing player who has played well for stretched.
Ridnour is an upgrade over Blake. Plays faster, better ball handler, better passer.


Darko sucks, plain and simple we'd be doing Minn a favor taking him off their hands. Also Ridnour is no upgarde, same crappy pg that doesn't penetrate and just as streaky a shooter as Blake....only difference is he's not as passive as blake but knowing this offense, Brown will turn him into the same bring up the ball and dump it into the big type PG that we've seen out of Blake and Sess after he go accustomed to the O. IF you want to go this crappy route just take Beasly in a S&T and call it a day. Darko/Luke are just dead weight.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Our front office is paralyzed, both by direction and salary restrictions. I expect nothing to happen aside from a couple, mostly meaningless transactions.
Image
User avatar
Alleyhoops

 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:08 pm
Location: Culver City California

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Doc: why do you have DJO ahead of Goudelock?

khm: you can say he's not an upgrade, but Blake has had enough chances; he's given us almost nothing. Ridnour is, again, a better ballhandler and passer. I'd say Blake is the better shooter, but he hasn't shot all that well for us.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Vito Andolini on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm still not sure whats the big obsession with Beasley.
User avatar
Vito Andolini

 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Not an obsession. Someone who can create a shot, not ball dominant, need not be in the post.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Helljumper on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Vito Andolini wrote:I'm still not sure whats the big obsession with Beasley.


He's available and much better than what we have.
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14879
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:20 pm

trodgers wrote:Doc: why do you have DJO ahead of Goudelock?.


If he can play defense, I think Brown will value that more then what Glock has to offer. DJO can shoot to, so whoever can play D better, might just get the nod. It's going to be a competitive battle either way this offseason.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Stearnfxr on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:09 pm

trodgers wrote:So, in my imagined scenario, I'd see about using the mini MLE on one of the following: Hawes, Ilyasova, Mahinmi, Evans, K-Mart. I don't like K-Mart, but I don't mind his game. Ilyasova wll likely get more. Not sure about the other two, but both could help us out. Hawes would be a huge addition: outside shooting, smart passer. Basically a less-skilled version of Gasol who plays how Gasol tried to play this year but does a better job of it.

PG: Sessions/Ridnour/Morris
SG: Kobe/Goudelock/Ebanks
SF: MWP/Beasley/Eyenga
PF: Hill/Hawes/McRoberts
C: Bynum/Milicic/Sacre
This lineup compared to this season's loses a bit in the starting lineup...but not much. I expect synergy: I expect the team to gel a bit. The second unit is infinitely better. Good passer/initiator, a serious scorer, two outside shooters (one floor stretching big), and Dark...who is a mixed bag. And if we ever get to the third stringers, they're markedly better than this season.


Hill has a weak base and his shooting is wholly inadequate to be paired next to Bynum.
Stearnfxr

 
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:31 am

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Was available at the deadline for the TPE but you know there is the new CBA and the estate tax to be paid ...
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Stearnfxr on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:18 pm

The biggest hindrance to the Lakers offense is outside shooting. The biggest defensive weakness was trotting out lineups with Blake and Sessions, they generated favorable mismatches for opposing teams through the Lakers steadfast approach to switching defensively.

The Lakers need to focus on versatile defenders who can defend multiple positions and hit open shots. Hitting open shots, wide open freakin shots created by the attention Bynum Kobe gets will destroy teams.

They are blinded by Mike Brown's obsession with ONLY defense and brain dead Iso's. Two-way, that's the only way and having players who are sieves on defense so they can create shots for themselves is following the path of perennial losers like New York.
Stearnfxr

 
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:31 am

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:54 pm

That's why I would add Hawes. Not wholly inadequate. Gross overexxageration.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Phil XI on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:Our front office is paralyzed, both by direction and salary restrictions and waiting for the Dwight Howard situation to resolve. I expect nothing to happen aside from a couple, mostly meaningless transactions.

Fixed
Get 17!!
User avatar
Phil XI

 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm
Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:08 pm

trodgers wrote:Not an obsession. Someone who can create a shot, not ball dominant, need not be in the post.


..... and a young player with some actual upside possibly.....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23072
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:33 pm

not sure if this rumor is legit or even current, but i'd do this S&T. must easier to find a hustling big man on the cheap than a guy that is a threat to drop 25 on a given night.
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Vito Andolini wrote:I'm still not sure whats the big obsession with Beasley.


I like the idea of having a 23 yr old with a career avg of 15 and 5, coming off the bench for the worst bench in the NBA.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
User avatar
CarolinaLakerFan

 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:50 pm

I actually like Hill, he plays with a lot of heart. But we need a legit shooting threat. Beasley has shown signs of being able to hit from anywhere... was a little disappointed to see his FG% not improve to the higher 40% range though honestly. I still think there is some upside to this kid.
User avatar
BadCoaching

 
Posts: 4223
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Vito Andolini wrote:I'm still not sure whats the big obsession with Beasley.


Blake / Barnes / Hill

That was our bench in the playoffs.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:13 pm

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:
Vito Andolini wrote:I'm still not sure whats the big obsession with Beasley.


I like the idea of having a 23 yr old with a career avg of 15 and 5, coming off the bench for the worst bench in the NBA.


This. It's gotten so bad for Lakers fans and our bench that some of us no longer know what a good player would be or look like coming off of our bench. :man10:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:28 pm

BadCoaching wrote:I actually like Hill, he plays with a lot of heart. But we need a legit shooting threat. Beasley has shown signs of being able to hit from anywhere... was a little disappointed to see his FG% not improve to the higher 40% range though honestly. I still think there is some upside to this kid.


I agree ... I think a winning culture will do wonders for him plus he's only 23. Maybe he'll pick up some of the legendary Kobe work ethic to maximize his potential.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
User avatar
Big Mamma Jamma

 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.