It's sad to see what the media sees as important

It's sad to see what the media sees as important

Postby Lakerqueen on Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:00 pm

Since the first news that Kobe had been arrested was released, the media has focused on the wrong thing: Kobe's endorsements and his image. True, his image and reputation are important, but they aren't the most important things that are at stake here. We need to be looking at how this is affecting the families involved. This is the important aspect of this situation: how it will affect the marriage that Kobe and Vanessa have, what it will do to their family, and what it will do to the alleged victim's family. I wish the media would stop focusing on the money that Kobe could possibly lose: do you think he honestly cares about that money at this point? And do you think what other people other than his wife think matters to him right now? I'm betting the answers to these questions is "no." He knows that his actions are going to cost him respect in the public and possibly endorsement money. But right now the important thing to Kobe is trying to keep his marriage intact. He knows that he's lost some respect and trust in Vanessa's eyes, which is much more important to him than the respect and trust of others. Let's start focusing on the relatinships and lives that are going
Lakerqueen

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:16 pm

Agreed
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:47 pm

indeed
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:07 pm

I'm NawlinsLakerFan.

Great post, LQ! :bow:

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:50 pm

right
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:15 am

That's a very good point. I had thought about this myself. Society has become to wrapped up in money and appearances and doesn't pay enough attention to what really matters: relationships and trust.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Return to The Graveyard