Seriously Jim Buss?

Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby hypotenuse on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Wow @ picking Brown over Shaw simply because he knew the old regime wouldn't be loyal. I mean the Shaw hire was the most obvious lakers head coach hire the last two decades.. even this year everytime the lakers have won a big game (which is few and far between but for example the clippers win) it has been the Lakers core executing the triangle and having a flow on offense. Whenever Brown runs his own "offense" the Lakers get exposed for the 1-dimensional offense that it is. The triangle was beautiful in that it taught the lakers to run it perfectly and to do it self-sufficiently. Anyone who had been around the team would have known this, apparently Jim buss did not, otherwise he would have chosen someone who was well-versed in the system everyone in the core nucleus knows and knows how to win championships with.

Also wow @ Jim not doing Melo for Bynum straight up when everyone around him implored him to.
_____________________________________________________________________
User avatar
hypotenuse

 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 am
Location: atlien

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby Kit on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:29 pm

I would pick Brown over Shaw, too.
Kit

 
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby magicman32 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:39 pm

He made the right choice

We can't run the triangle forever

The problem is that we still have triangle players

We just need to be patient and let management find players for browns system
User avatar
magicman32

 
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:30 pm
Location: Orange County

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Great thread.......
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30444
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Silversurfer's cousin....

New thread every game.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19420
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Silversurfer's cousin....

New thread every game.


hypotenuse² = silversurfer² + cornholio²
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12220
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby tttppp on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:59 pm

hypotenuse wrote:Wow @ picking Brown over Shaw simply because he knew the old regime wouldn't be loyal. I mean the Shaw hire was the most obvious lakers head coach hire the last two decades.. even this year everytime the lakers have won a big game (which is few and far between but for example the clippers win) it has been the Lakers core executing the triangle and having a flow on offense. Whenever Brown runs his own "offense" the Lakers get exposed for the 1-dimensional offense that it is. The triangle was beautiful in that it taught the lakers to run it perfectly and to do it self-sufficiently. Anyone who had been around the team would have known this, apparently Jim buss did not, otherwise he would have chosen someone who was well-versed in the system everyone in the core nucleus knows and knows how to win championships with.



I agree. I wouldn't say Shaw was a nobrainer, there were other excellent choices they never bothered to interview. That said hiring Mike Brown was a bad decision, and hiring Shaw over Brown is a nobrainer.
tttppp

 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:39 pm

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Silversurfer's cousin....

New thread every game.


hypotenuse² = silversurfer² + cornholio²


:man10:

If you get full right's on that math equation, I want 10% for introducing the idea of how the components relate. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19420
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby tttppp on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:01 pm

magicman32 wrote:He made the right choice

We can't run the triangle forever

The problem is that we still have triangle players

We just need to be patient and let management find players for browns system


I'm assuming the Lakers hired Brown to win now. If they are rebuilding, they might as well trade Kobe and get something for him instead of wasting his only 2-3 good years left.
tttppp

 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:39 pm

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Silversurfer's cousin....

New thread every game.


hypotenuse² = silversurfer² + cornholio²


:man10:

If you get full right's on that math equation, I want 10% for introducing the idea of how the components relate. :man10:


Only if you agree to take back Walton's contract. :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12220
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby ISM ELIAS on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:03 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Silversurfer's cousin....

New thread every game.


hypotenuse² = silversurfer² + cornholio²

nice equation :man10:
User avatar
ISM ELIAS

 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 am

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:06 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Only if you agree to take back Walton's contract. :man10:


Deal. Only because I don't have a kid yet to take out in the driveway yet and murder in a game of 1 on 1. Luke will fit that role nicely.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19420
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby hypotenuse on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Hopefully this doesnt come back and bite us...
_____________________________________________________________________
User avatar
hypotenuse

 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 am
Location: atlien

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby odom1year on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Jim Buss is a moron. :bang:
odom1year

 
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby venturalakersfan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 pm

You guys cry after a nice win? What a bunch of pathetic losers.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
User avatar
venturalakersfan

 
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Ventura

Re: Seriously Jim Buss?

Postby TIME on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:23 pm

venturalakersfan wrote:You guys cry after a nice win? What a bunch of pathetic losers.


Flaming other site members violates site rules. Please find a way to voice your disagreement without further personal attacks.

Also locking this due to a needless bump from the TC.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9409
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am


Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.