Sessions does NOT need to start

Sessions does NOT need to start

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 pm

I know i know before you all argue, hear me out. Sessions has been playing VERY well and Blake not so much. But right now, Sessions is more valuable coming off the bench for our team and running the 2nd unit. He's very productive with both groups but if we started him hed have to rest at some point along with kobe. this leaves blake running the 2nd unit, which he can do but its only a bandaid to slow the bleeding vs holding or pushing a lead.

Sessions comes off the bench and runs the second unit to a point where were gaining momentum and pushing a lead and lets kobe rest. then sessions rests while blake is out with the starters where he honestly isnt really needed that much minus the open 3 pointer due to doubling bynum and swinging the ball. sessions comes back in the 4th to finish off the game.

Essentially, he's our Jason Terry...for now at least. It makes sense what Mike Browns doing. but i dont disagree that he is a better pg than blake and should start over him (talent wise). But this rotation does make sense for benefiting our crappy 2nd unit over our starters who have a lot of fire power to begin with.
Ariza3

Re: Sessions does NOT need to start

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Just for this year I'd make him come off the bench. He's making Mcroberts, Murphy and Barnes better and getting them open looks. Let him play the most minutes at PG like he did tonight and let him finish off games.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Start or not he needs to play 35-38 minutes per game. Blake more like 10-12. Blake isn't doing anything out there of note - he's invisible.
Lakerjones

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Well Sessions played 29 minutes tonight to Blake's 17. I'd give Ramon a few more minutes than that for sure.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby scissors on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 pm

IF Sessions starts then Blakes minutes will drop even more. I say start Barnes over MWP also.
scissors

Postby TIME on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard