The charges could be dropped!!!

The charges could be dropped!!!

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:58 pm

Two months before the woman went to the Eagle County Sheriff's Department on July 1 alleging that Bryant had sexually assaulted her, the woman suffered under such mental anguish that she overdosed on pills and was rushed to a hospital, her friends told The Orange County Register.

"I think it was just a cry for help," said Lindsey McKinney, 18, who lived at the woman's house in May, when the woman took the pills.

The Register is not identifying Bryant's accuser because of the sensitive nature of the case.

McKinney was visiting other friends when, about 2 a.m. one day, she learned from the woman's ex-boyfriend that the woman had "overdosed."

McKinney rushed to the woman's Eagle home and found the woman incoherent, lethargic and seemingly drunk, the Orange County Register reported.

"I was scared. She wasn't really talking at all," McKinney said. "I was like, ' you need to open your eyes.' "

Moments later, the woman's parents awoke and called 911. An ambulance responded and took the woman to a hospital, McKinney said.

Some friends said they thought the overdose was an accident. Not McKinney.

"I don't think it was accidental. I was there," McKinney said.

The police dispatch call that night is currently sealed from the public by investigators. The Register's request for the records is the subject of legal action.

According to the Orange County Register's report, Bryant's accuser was going through an extremely difficult period in her life at the time of the overdose. She returned home from her freshman year of college to find out her ex-boyfriend had taken up with another woman. Also, around the time of the overdose, close friend Nicole Clements died in a road accident while returning from high school graduation ceremonies.

"It was kind of boom, boom, boom," McKinney said, feeling compassion for her friend. "I think the things that happened to her in the past had a lot to do with what (she said) happened that night."

The Orange County Register quoted legal experts as saying the news of the overdose will be a major advantage for Bryant's defense team.

"This is powerful evidence and the answer to the defense's prayers," Robert Pugsley, a criminal law professor at Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles, said. Pugsley added that this kind of evidence, if exploited by the defense, could be enough to shut down the case before it reaches trial.

"(Defense attorneys are) looking for a way to demonstrate th. I was there," McKinney said.

The police dispatch call that night is currently sealed from the public by investigators. The Register's request for the records is the subject of legal action.

According to the Orange County Register's report, Bryant's accuser was going through an extremely difficult period in her life at the time of the overdose. She returned home from her freshman year of college to find out her ex-boyfriend had taken up with another woman. Also, around the time of the overdose, close friend Nicole Clements died in a road accident while returning from high school graduation ceremonies.

[b]"It was kind of boom, boom, boom," McKinney said, feeling compassion for her friend. "I think the things that happened to her in the past had a lot to do with what (she said) happened that night."

The Orange County Register quoted legal experts as saying the news of the overdose will be a major advantage for Bryant's defense team.

"This is powerful evidence and the answer to the defense's prayers," Robert Pugsley, a criminal law professor at Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles, said. Pugsley added that this kind of evidence, if exploited by the defense, could be enough to shut down the case before it reaches trial.

"(Defense attorneys are) looking for a way to demonstrate that was there," McKinney said.

[b]"It was kind of boom, boom, boom," McKinney said, feeling compassion for her friend. "I think the things that happened to her in the past had a lot to do with what (she said) happened that night."

"(Defense attorneys are) looking for a way to demonstrate that was there," McKinney said.

"(Defense attorneys are) looking for a way to demonstrate that this woman is hysterical and over-reactive," Pugsley said. "This is literally dynamite evidence, a bonanza for the defense and a landmine for prosecution."

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1536446

If this is all true then the charges might be dropped. There are more stories coming out everyday!!!
zetaw00d

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:04 pm

sorry the post got screwed up!! I dont know why!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:00 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to The Graveyard