Tracy Mcgrady better then kobe?

Tracy Mcgrady better then kobe?

Postby SHAQ-34 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:57 am

i have heard alot of ppl saying rather if tmac is good or kobe and i was wondering what do u guys think...
SHAQ-34

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:02 am

This isn't even a question... What has T-Wack done?? How many records has he broke? How many rings does he have?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Coppertop on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:05 am

Ask Jordan, Magic, Phil, Shaq, and any other NBA great who he thinks is better. Their answer is not Tracy.
Coppertop

Postby hi on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:21 am

when will people learn... KOBE CAN GET WAY BETTER STATS THEN TMAC IF HE WANTED TO... TMAC HAS HAD HIS OWN TEAM SO THATS Y HES GOT THE STATS... KOBE CAN DO IT ANYTIME HE WANTS BUT HES NOT SELFISH LIKE THAT AND HE KNOWS HE HAS TO SHARE WITH SHAQ FOR THEM TO BE SUCCESSFUL...

:man2: THE KOBE HATERS
hi

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:26 am

See, T-Wack is really the only player on the team. He takes most of the shots, and who's next up?? Well with Kobe he shares the ball with Shaq, and they both get their stats and points, and what's most important, is that they're consistant. See T-Wack is so over rated, it's funny. He's arrogant too......
LakersGyrl2003

Postby hi on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:28 am

anyway.. im gonna go register now.. ive just been using the name hi for guest posts :wave:
hi

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:28 am

Thanx!!! register!! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:08 am

T-MAC has the offense BUILT around T-MAC's skill. He has the GREEN light to shoot without any consequences. T-MAC never was named to the ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM and only has one all NBA first team
The LAKERS has the TEAM BUILT AROUND SHAQ therefore the role players FIT SHAQS game. This is why KOBE struggled when SHAQ was out. The role players had to change their ways to adjust to KOBE's style of game. SHAQ is our primary focus on offense..(our first option) KOBE is the second option ... KOBE gets the LEFT overs that SHAQ leaves behind. KOBE DOES NOT have the GREEN LIGHT!!! He is asked to stay within the TRIANGLE OFFENSE SYSTEM therefore restricting some of his creativity.... however.. even with all this... KOBE is STILL BREAKING RECORDS!!! STILL AVERAGES 30 pts a game!!! ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM TWICE!!!! ALL NBA FIRST TEAM 3 TIMES!!! KOBE has 3 RINGS at 24 years of age... he is our GO TO GUY at crunch time!!! not to MENTION our CLUTCH PLAYER!!! HE ACCOMPLISHED ALL THIS BEING THE SECOND OPTION TO SHAQ!!!!

This question has been asked soooooo mannnnny times... and everybody knows the answer....

Now... can you kindly repeat the question again?????
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:11 am

lol.. looks like hi and u covered this topic well.. hi is me by the way

:jam2: we both used all caps for this topic i wonder y... :soapbox:
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:24 am

SHAQ-34, are your friends questioning KOBE about his rings becuase he is playing with SHAQ... A LOT of people are not giving KOBE credit. They claim that without SHAQ, KOBE gets ZERO RINGS!!! ... BULL KAKA!!! the same could be said about SHAQ!!! without KOBE, SHAQ gets no rings!!!
SHAQ had a more impressive supporting cast in ORLANDO. SHAQ was playing with PENNY at his prime. He had a much younger HORACE GRANT and 3 point bombers in SKYLES, ANDERSON,& SCOTT. ORLANDO still got swept in the FINALS. Here in L.A. SHAQ only has KOBE!!!! and some supporting cast.. but it was mainly SHAQ and KOBE. PHIL and TEX designed the perfect offense but is was carried out by SHAQ and KOBE. the two needs each other.
IF your friends don't believe you then tell them this:
JORDAN... no rings without PIPPEN
MAGIC .... no rings without KAREEM
BIRD.... no rings without McHALE
etc etc. etc...

I am not saying that they wouldn't have eventual won on a different team but why would they want to?... THEY WERE LUCKY TO HAVE FALLEN INTO GOOD FORTUNE... the were BLESSED to have had TALENT SURROUNDING THEM... JUST LIKE SHAQ and KOBE... they will FOREVER BE TIED TO ONE ANOTHER....
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:25 am

T- mac is physically better than kobe. he's bigger, he jumps higher, and he is a shooter, so he shoots the three better. kobe has a better work ethic, and guards smaller guards better. if we had t-mac instead of kobe we would have just as many rings. the bottom line is if we tried to trade kobe for tracy, orlando would say hell nooooooo!!!!!!!

Postby Pha King A on Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:23 am

Dude, WTF you talking bout? T-Mac doesnt jump higher than kobe hahahahahaahh!!
Pha King A

Postby Kobe's Empire on Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:36 am

this is why KOBe is 100000 times better:

1.) Kobe gives his all on both ends and still manages to score 30 with 445 shooting percentange (when Tmac had to play Defense in game 7 against hte PIstons....his offense was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.])
2.) Kobe has the experience
3.) Kobe scores 30 playing withs haq (if t mac did that hed be a 20 point scorer)
4.) dont give me this nonsense about Tmac carrying his team......HE TOOK THEM TO #8 IN THE EAST, GIVE ME A BREAK. kobe carried LA against houston and utah back to back nights with an injured Knee while scoring more than 40 in both games (1 game 50)
5.) Kobe is an all around better player....(in 2003 ALL of Kobe's stats were better htan T-crap's except for Points per Game)
Kobe's Empire

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:50 am

You know it's funny but I remember reading last year that Magic said T-Mac was the best player in the NBA and that he deserved the MVP. It stuck in my head cause T-Mac and Kiobe were both right there neck and neck when it came down to PPG but I felt that Kobe was the better all around player. To hear Magic say that about Tracy and not give Kobe a thought really made me mad. I still think it was wrong on Magics part to say that. I don't know whether he was trying to motivate Kobe or what but in my opinion Kobe is a much better overall player that Tracy.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Bulls Fan on Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:59 am

T mac looks like a dinosaur
Bulls Fan

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:You know it's funny but I remember reading last year that Magic said T-Mac was the best player in the NBA and that he deserved the MVP. It stuck in my head cause T-Mac and Kiobe were both right there neck and neck when it came down to PPG but I felt that Kobe was the better all around player. To hear Magic say that about Tracy and not give Kobe a thought really made me mad. I still think it was wrong on Magics part to say that. I don't know whether he was trying to motivate Kobe or what but in my opinion Kobe is a much better overall player that Tracy.
It's funny you say that, because on TNT, Magic picked a "tie" between KG and Kobe for MVP. Sometimes analysts just talk to stir up controversy.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:00 pm

Until Tracy develops a hungrier attitude and determination in his play, along with playing tenacious D, then again and again....Kobe will always be better.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:06 pm

True, true. I think I saw that too. But it was way later in the Playoffs that Magic picked the tie between KG and Kobe I think. Oh well it doesn't matter now though. Neither of them got the MVP anyways. It went to a very boring player (Tim Duncan). I still feel that Kobe was, is, and will be the League MVP. Really there is nothing more he has to prove. He has three rings and counting. He puts in 110% everytime he's on the court.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:08 pm

Kobe plays the game like he has not eaten for years and the winner of the game will win some steak!!!

He basically goes all out.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Roscoe on Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:24 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Kobe plays the game like he has not eaten for years and the winner of the game will win some steak!!!

He basically goes all out.

Yea, T-Mac looks like he's holding back when he plays...Like he's about to fall asleep...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:33 pm

What separates Kobe from T-Mac is his defensive abilities, and the fact that Bryant has championships. I think if we had T-Mac instead of Kobe we would still win. But Bryant is the better of the two.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:52 pm

I would have to disagree Laker brain....Tracy McGreedy left the Raptors cause he knew he was not the leading man with Vince, his own cousin, there. He wanted his own team where he wouldn't be restricted in the offense. Bring that kind of attitude to the Lakers where Shaq is clearly the man...bigger than Vince could ever be....and the Lakers would be doomed. It is with Kobe's own evolution and graciousness that his game hasn't advanced the way it could, in order to compliment Shaq's game. Kobe sacrifice's the game we all know he has in him, so that the offense could run through Shaq. It is for this reason only that Kobe is compared to T-mac. If Kobe did not have a teammate like Shaq, his game would reach dimensions we can't even imagine. T-mac would be an afterthought if Kobe ran his own team. Comparisons between the two only exist cause Shaq limits Kobe's game. If the question of who would be a better winner between the two if Shaq was not in the picture? would be a better question, cause Kobe would have one hell of a time getting a three-peat without the help of Shaq. I guess the answer to that question would be clearer once Shaq retires and hands Kobe the full control of the Lakers. As of rite now....Kobe can't be touched...period.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:07 pm

you can't be serious???? someone said that t-mac would score 20 points per game if he played with shaq. that's a freakin joke! if kobe was better than him he would have proven it when shaq was hurt last year...... if t-mac played with shaq than he would get to go one on one and score at will because no body can guard him..... as for kobe i remember in an all star game when kobe tried to go up on tracy and got that shyt throne right back in his face...... t-mac is waaaaaaaaay better than kobe and doen't need a 7foot 340 pound beast that demands a double team half of the time and triple team the other half.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:15 pm

T-Wack couldn't handle a team like the Lakers. He's really not a team player, and wants to be the man, not anything less. Why ya think he left Toronto? Cuz he was playin behind Vince's footsteps. A team is better when players learn how to play as a TEAM, and when they learn to put their ego's aside. That's why Shaq and Kobe play so well together. T-Wack can't jump higher than Kobe, Kobe has the same vertical as Vince. If T-Wack was better than Kobe, then he would have proven so, by leading his team out of the 1st round, instead of opening his mouth. Orlando lead that series, then the Pistons came off of a tear and won 3 in a row to eliminate them. I remember in a press conference, T-Wack said that he thinks this is a winnable series for himself. Not the team, himself. Until he learns to be a team player, he aint gonna be nuttin, but just an overrated player in the NBA.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:20 pm

that's why kobe wants to be a free agent..... because he wants to be the only man on the team. and if shaq didn't come back when he did they would have had a good shot at getting lebron james. he's nice but he's like a quarter of a st ep behind t-mac. only time will tell and when kobe hooks up with jerry west , you'll see how much better t-mac is than the pedifile!!!!!!

Next

Return to The Graveyard