What's also wrong with this team

What's also wrong with this team

Postby TSpence26 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Role players.....

I was watching the championship tapes of 2009 and 2010...

Jordan Farmar, Sasha, Lamar, Ariza.... heck even Josh Powell and DJ Congo Cash Mbenga....

they were sometimes critiszied a lot... but

They won us championships. They scored when they needed too, they were good arsenals to take pressure off the Big 3..

Now we are the Big 3, Sessions, and a bunch of inconsistent bench players...

Artest-World Peace aims for the rim instead of the hoop... Blake and Barnes are way to inconsisent, and Murphy/McRoberts do nothing but foul..

This needs to be fixed..

Maybe we can get Lamar back next off-season... heck, maybe we'll get lucky and get Ariza back too :man1:

Why we gave up Sasha I have no clue... for Joe Smith? Wow
TSpence26

Re: What's also wrong with this team

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm not gonna name names, but someone with a huge mancrush on our former role players is going to be all over this thread in no time.

BTW, I don't know how you can criticize Barnes and McRoberts given their play as of late. Those two are probably the best bench players we've had in years outside of Lamar, the same Lamar who despite setting a high standard on his good nights was woefully inconsistent every year outside of last season.
Last edited by bruddahmanmatt on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:42 pm

The fans.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Alcindor on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:40 pm

TSpence26 wrote:Role players.....

Jordan Farmar, Sasha, Lamar, Ariza.... heck even Josh Powell and DJ Congo Cash Mbenga....

They won us championships. They scored when they needed too, they were good arsenals to take pressure off the Big 3..

Artest-World Peace aims for the rim instead of the hoop... Blake and Barnes are way to inconsisent, and Murphy/McRoberts do nothing but foul..

This needs to be fixed..

Maybe we can get Lamar back next off-season... heck, maybe we'll get lucky and get Ariza back too :man1:

I have seen better posts than this in the WMC thread. This is simply whining with no solution (sorry, "this needs to be fixed" isn't a solution) and therefore should be the in WMC thread.
Alcindor

Postby tttppp on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:44 pm

TSpence26 wrote:Role players.....

This needs to be fixed..

I've been saying this over and over, and nobody wants to listen to me. They Lakers had a championship caliber supporting cast and let it go for nothing. If they had kept their players and Phil Jackson, they'd be the favorites to win a championship this year.
tttppp

Postby John3:16 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:53 pm

What's wrong with the current team we have right now?

- Acclimating a true PG into the system
- Still playing 4 on 5 on offense because 9 out of 10 games, Ron is missing
- Some might say we're playing 1 on 5 on offense, and sadly, we are a little too often. Especially when he's missing
- Don't utilize Bynum and Gasol nearly enough
- Kobe is making the game too difficult on himself (bad shots, not utilizing teammates and conserving energy for late in the game / late in the season / playoffs)
- Mike Brown still sucks at substitutions and offensive game planning
- Gasol is still soft as tissue
- Bench sucks
- No consistent 3 point shooter that teams respect

The biggest problem of all: We don't utilize the bigs like we should.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:55 pm

Alcindor wrote:
I have seen better posts than this in the WMC thread. This is simply whining with no solution (sorry, "this needs to be fixed" isn't a solution) and therefore should be the in WMC thread.

I concur.

Plenty of room for more posts in the WMC thread.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard