When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri May 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Seriously, it's infuriating.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

Image
User avatar
24K GOLD

 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:41 am
Location: Camp Nou

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby LakersFanInCali on Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 pm

He's a black hole.
LakersFanInCali

 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 am

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 pm

When are his teammates gonna learn to not give it to him on the perimeter?
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby The Original 81 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:13 pm

He had a couple of bad moments tonight but honestly he has improved his ability to handle them.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
User avatar
The Original 81

 
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: New York City

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby revgen on Fri May 04, 2012 10:14 pm

When are his teammates going to move off the ball and stop standing around? I swear, Bynum had to repeatedly tell Blake to move his butt to clear out space multiple times tonight.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby jackflag on Fri May 04, 2012 10:16 pm

If he hasn't by now, he may not. Its incredible that someone who's been doubled so often, for so long, is still so completely inept and clueless at handling it. He even looks right at Laker players who are right open and still won't pass, instead holding on to the ball like a deer in the headlights.

Maybe he thinks if he holds the ball long enough, the defenders will just go away...? That or just freezes. But its clear he has no idea what to do.

I'm baffled as to how the coaching staff hasn't practiced this with him. This is what they are paid for, right? Its inexcusable for this to have continued so long.
User avatar
jackflag

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 pm

jackflag wrote:If he hasn't by now, he may not. Its incredible that someone who's been doubled so often, for so long, is still so completely inept and clueless at handling it. He even looks right at Laker players who are right open and still won't pass, instead holding on to the ball like a deer in the headlights.

Maybe he thinks if he holds the ball long enough, the defenders will just go away...? That or just freezes. But its clear he has no idea what to do.

I'm baffled as to how the coaching staff hasn't practiced this with him. This is what they are paid for, right? Its inexcusable for this to have continued so long.


What are you talking about? :man10:

Bynum has NEVER been doubled teamed consistently until this season.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby Weezy on Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Yeah, maybe when they stop throwing it to him in the corner at almost the 3 point line and then stand still and watch him squirm.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50949
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby noobiew on Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Just double teams Andrew, Kobe & Pau whenever they get the ball and no one else on this Lakers team can score a basket. Our bench suck so bad :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby jackflag on Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
jackflag wrote:If he hasn't by now, he may not. Its incredible that someone who's been doubled so often, for so long, is still so completely inept and clueless at handling it. He even looks right at Laker players who are right open and still won't pass, instead holding on to the ball like a deer in the headlights.

Maybe he thinks if he holds the ball long enough, the defenders will just go away...? That or just freezes. But its clear he has no idea what to do.

I'm baffled as to how the coaching staff hasn't practiced this with him. This is what they are paid for, right? Its inexcusable for this to have continued so long.


What are you talking about? :man10:

Bynum has NEVER been doubled teamed consistently until this season.


He saw doubles last season. Combined with this year he's easily seen a full season's worth of double-teams. How long do you think it should take for a player to learn to pass the ball when two guys are swiping at him, and he can see over both of them? 2014?
Last edited by jackflag on Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jackflag

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

that play where he coughed it up when he was triple teamed. blake did nothing to go get the ball from him until it was too late. and it wasn't even an attempt to get the ball..he was running away like he'd draw some defenders with him. get real blake. you stink.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10409
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby LakersFanInCali on Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

He is clueless on what to do.

He needs to get the ball back out quickly.

Drew needs to watch film of Shaq or Hakeem. That is how you pass out of double teams.
LakersFanInCali

 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 am

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri May 04, 2012 10:23 pm

jackflag wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:
jackflag wrote:If he hasn't by now, he may not. Its incredible that someone who's been doubled so often, for so long, is still so completely inept and clueless at handling it. He even looks right at Laker players who are right open and still won't pass, instead holding on to the ball like a deer in the headlights.

Maybe he thinks if he holds the ball long enough, the defenders will just go away...? That or just freezes. But its clear he has no idea what to do.

I'm baffled as to how the coaching staff hasn't practiced this with him. This is what they are paid for, right? Its inexcusable for this to have continued so long.


What are you talking about? :man10:

Bynum has NEVER been doubled teamed consistently until this season.


He saw doubles last season. Combined with this year he's easily seen a full season's worth of double-teams. How long do you think it should take for a player to learn to pass the ball when two guys are swiping at him, and he can see over both of them? 2014?


Once again what are you talking about? He was the 4th option last year behind Kobe obviously, Pau, and LO he didn't see any double teams at all.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby jackflag on Fri May 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Yes. He did. And he was just as clueless how to deal with them as he is now. Which is baffling.
User avatar
jackflag

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby kray28 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 pm

KeepBynum wrote:When are his teammates gonna learn to not give it to him on the perimeter?


Well Bynum would need to get primo position the paint first. He rarely does that, he sets up where he likes and the teammate gets it to him.

After that, it's Drew's choice on what to do.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby Finwë on Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Eventually.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby DHL on Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Bynum also seals his own defender poorly
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
User avatar
DHL

 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Which game did you watch ? Outside 2 bad TOs in a row he was doing fine all game long ... role players couldn't make Denver pay so I understand to an extent why he's sometimes forcing
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby kray28 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 pm

fklukewalton wrote:that play where he coughed it up when he was triple teamed. blake did nothing to go get the ball from him until it was too late. and it wasn't even an attempt to get the ball..he was running away like he'd draw some defenders with him. get real blake. you stink.


Actually Blake was there....Bynum didn't want to give it up for some reason. Bynum needs to think for a second....where are the two extra defenders coming from? Hold ball high, look behind you and find an open man. He has nice post moves, but pedestrian court awareness and often has trouble thinking the game.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby TIME on Fri May 04, 2012 10:39 pm

WMC please, or the big Bynum thread.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9475
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby Weezy on Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm

It's sad to see Laker fans so divided again, Shaq and Kobe all over again, I enjoy the fans that root for all our players to succeed.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50949
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA


Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.