When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri May 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Seriously, it's infuriating.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Re: When is Bynum gonna learn how to pass out of double teams?

Postby LakersFanInCali on Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 pm

He's a black hole.
LakersFanInCali

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 pm

When are his teammates gonna learn to not give it to him on the perimeter?
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby The Original 81 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:13 pm

He had a couple of bad moments tonight but honestly he has improved his ability to handle them.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby revgen on Fri May 04, 2012 10:14 pm

When are his teammates going to move off the ball and stop standing around? I swear, Bynum had to repeatedly tell Blake to move his butt to clear out space multiple times tonight.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby jackflag on Fri May 04, 2012 10:16 pm

If he hasn't by now, he may not. Its incredible that someone who's been doubled so often, for so long, is still so completely inept and clueless at handling it. He even looks right at Laker players who are right open and still won't pass, instead holding on to the ball like a deer in the headlights.

Maybe he thinks if he holds the ball long enough, the defenders will just go away...? That or just freezes. But its clear he has no idea what to do.

I'm baffled as to how the coaching staff hasn't practiced this with him. This is what they are paid for, right? Its inexcusable for this to have continued so long.
jackflag

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 pm

jackflag wrote:If he hasn't by now, he may not. Its incredible that someone who's been doubled so often, for so long, is still so completely inept and clueless at handling it. He even looks right at Laker players who are right open and still won't pass, instead holding on to the ball like a deer in the headlights.

Maybe he thinks if he holds the ball long enough, the defenders will just go away...? That or just freezes. But its clear he has no idea what to do.

I'm baffled as to how the coaching staff hasn't practiced this with him. This is what they are paid for, right? Its inexcusable for this to have continued so long.

What are you talking about? :man10:

Bynum has NEVER been doubled teamed consistently until this season.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Weezy on Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Yeah, maybe when they stop throwing it to him in the corner at almost the 3 point line and then stand still and watch him squirm.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Just double teams Andrew, Kobe & Pau whenever they get the ball and no one else on this Lakers team can score a basket. Our bench suck so bad :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby jackflag on Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
jackflag wrote:If he hasn't by now, he may not. Its incredible that someone who's been doubled so often, for so long, is still so completely inept and clueless at handling it. He even looks right at Laker players who are right open and still won't pass, instead holding on to the ball like a deer in the headlights.

He saw doubles last season. Combined with this year he's easily seen a full season's worth of double-teams. How long do you think it should take for a player to learn to pass the ball when two guys are swiping at him, and he can see over both of them? 2014?
Last edited by jackflag on Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackflag

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

that play where he coughed it up when he was triple teamed. blake did nothing to go get the ball from him until it was too late. and it wasn't even an attempt to get the ball..he was running away like he'd draw some defenders with him. get real blake. you stink.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LakersFanInCali on Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

He is clueless on what to do.

He needs to get the ball back out quickly.

Drew needs to watch film of Shaq or Hakeem. That is how you pass out of double teams.
LakersFanInCali

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri May 04, 2012 10:23 pm

jackflag wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

He saw doubles last season. Combined with this year he's easily seen a full season's worth of double-teams. How long do you think it should take for a player to learn to pass the ball when two guys are swiping at him, and he can see over both of them? 2014?

Once again what are you talking about? He was the 4th option last year behind Kobe obviously, Pau, and LO he didn't see any double teams at all.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby jackflag on Fri May 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Yes. He did. And he was just as clueless how to deal with them as he is now. Which is baffling.
jackflag

Postby kray28 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 pm

KeepBynum wrote:When are his teammates gonna learn to not give it to him on the perimeter?

Well Bynum would need to get primo position the paint first. He rarely does that, he sets up where he likes and the teammate gets it to him.

After that, it's Drew's choice on what to do.
kray28

Postby Finwë on Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Eventually.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby DHL on Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Bynum also seals his own defender poorly
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Which game did you watch ? Outside 2 bad TOs in a row he was doing fine all game long ... role players couldn't make Denver pay so I understand to an extent why he's sometimes forcing
wcsoldier81

Postby kray28 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 pm

fklukewalton wrote:that play where he coughed it up when he was triple teamed. blake did nothing to go get the ball from him until it was too late. and it wasn't even an attempt to get the ball..he was running away like he'd draw some defenders with him. get real blake. you stink.

Actually Blake was there....Bynum didn't want to give it up for some reason. Bynum needs to think for a second....where are the two extra defenders coming from? Hold ball high, look behind you and find an open man. He has nice post moves, but pedestrian court awareness and often has trouble thinking the game.
kray28

Postby TIME on Fri May 04, 2012 10:39 pm

WMC please, or the big Bynum thread.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm

It's sad to see Laker fans so divided again, Shaq and Kobe all over again, I enjoy the fans that root for all our players to succeed.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard