Where's da Deal?

Where's da Deal?

Postby Aristotlexxx on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:16 pm

I remember in the 80's Wendy's came out with the slogan, "Where's the Beef?" This slogan has inspired me to ask the Lakers organization primarily Mitch Kupchack and Jimmy Buss, "Where's the Deal?"

I ask this question because at the begining of the season the Lakers seem like they were going to make trades to make this old team get younger and better. However since that time we have aquired, Troy Murphy, a 6-10 useless power forward who thinks he's a three point shooter. We have also aquired a Jason Kapono who is supposed to have been the shooter that the Lakers have be looking For but sadly Jason Kapono's jumper has flown to Australia with the Kangaroos. We also brought in Roberts, who I do like but has to learn that playing in the NBA is more than just dunking. With all of that said, "Where's the deal?"

As for Gilbert Arenas, Why are the Lakers taking so long to get this guy? Are they concerned with his trouble maker label? Everyone makes mistakes and when we do we always need someone to be compassionate to our situation. We need somebody to give us the chance to prove ourself. Why won't the Lakers give the Hometown Boy from LA a chance? Will he cost a lot of money? No. Do they think he can still play? Yes! Can Arenas guard the best guards in this league? Rondo, Tony Parker, Chris Paul,Derron Williams, Derrick Rose or John Wall? I say, "Arenas can guard all of these fellas!" So if this is the case, The case when you can sign a star player in this league you have to get him!

Lakers don't wait too long! Sign this kid Arenas as soon as possible because personally, I think he is a bargain for what you will pay him and what he will do for this Laker team. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Aristotlexxx

Re: Where's da Deal?

Postby jlkr on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Ye of so little patience ...

It has been said ad infinitum, ad nauseum that nothing's happening until March.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Re: Where's da Deal?

Postby karacha on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm

While you do make some interesting points, I would suggest you copy & paste this in a Gilbert thread:

http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/gilbert-arenas-thread-arenas-all-star-break-t132835.html
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard