Yahoo Sports: Phil wanted to "humilate" Jim more than coach

Yahoo Sports: Phil wanted to "humilate" Jim more than coach

Postby hypotenuse on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--laker ... 51709.html

Is this true? I have heard reports even from his earlier days with the lakers that Jackson would belittle Jimmy every chance he would get.. Having followed Jackson even early into his Chicago years it was clear that Jackson always had a little something against upper management in both of the teams he worked for.. first it was Klause and now Jimmy in LA..

I will admit though that as much as I've read into this matter in the end it just comes down to the opinion of 1 sportswriter/author/analyst.

Do the most of the posters on here agree with this statement? That there were internal problems between Jackson and Jim that prevented this from happening and it wasn't just because of Jimmy that things went sour (that jackson initiated a lot of the tension as well)

Re: Yahoo Sports: Phil wanted to "humilate" Jim more than coach

Postby hypotenuse on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Also it sounds like this deal didn't go through just out of sheer pettiness... I'm seriously disgusted right now and have been since i read about it this morning.. i don't remember the last time my mood was this affected by something this early in the season (if ever).. losing to boston in 2008 was pretty bad but this just doesn't feel right and it's still does early..

I've read a lot of reasonable responses from lifetime hardcore Laker fans saying 100% are behind the franchise but are just as disgusted with this trade.. i don't know if it's the coffee this morning or what but honestly speaking i literally have a bad taste in my mouth that doesn't taste anything diluted/bad coffee.

Re: Yahoo Sports: Phil wanted to "humilate" Jim more than coach

Postby Weezy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks, but It's been posted and discussed in the 67 page coach thread already, I think the topics would become pretty redundant.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard