you guys really want to see the trial on TV???

you guys really want to see the trial on TV???

Postby shaqass on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:27 am

By reading others threads I have the feeling that all (or almost) of you would like the trial to be put on TV and I don't understand :bang: here is why...please I am interested in your opinion...

I think they will show it on tv but I don't like that. I live in Europe and of course my opinion is maybe different because of that (trial on TV are not allowed).

First I think that if it goes on TV, it is because it is a huge money business and sorry but a trial should not be used to make money.

Secondly what will be said there is personal. What Kobe will say or what the girl will say is not our business, it's their personal life. Would you like to see your life spread in front of millions of people? I am not sure Kobe's wife will love that.

Third, it's not because it will be on TV that the trial will be more fair. We all know (I think :man12: ) that human justice has some limitation, depending of if you are rich or poor, black or white, a public person or not etc etc. I don't want to say that I don't believe in justice, but we are all human beeing (well, Kobe proves that too), having opinions, beeing biased, making errors. If you tell me that displaying people life on TV will help for a fairer trial, I think it will be the opposite.

I hope that will be kept private, I am sure Kobe would like that too.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Reddy on Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:22 am

I think ur right. A trial shouldnt be used for business. But I think we as fans and supporters should see it if we want to but if Kobe doesnt want it, its aight with me. I am right now just praying for the day he is proven not guilty. :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:19 pm

I agree... what really happened in that room, I don't think I want to hear at this point. Sure, I'm interested to see how they're going to explain this and try to decide if it was consensual or not... but I don't want to know the events that went on in that room... that's just wong. When the trial comes to an end, then I will be interested in whether the jury finds Kobe guilty or not guilty... and if he is guilty, what his punishment will be.
I believe what Kobe has been saying: he is guilty of adultery, but not assault. When he said before that when everything comes clean, it will all be fine, I kind of had a feeling that something like this might have happened. He wasn't saying that he hadn't done anything, just that he didn't make this girl do any thing against her will.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby atllakerfan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:58 pm

I hate to say it, even if camera's are not allowed in the court room, everyword that is stated in that court room will be printed in the newspaper and told on espn.
atllakerfan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:03 pm

Let's Keep this on http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1096 One topic..........
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:40 am

:man3:

Ok ok ok I don't want to be annoying again but...sorry I opened this topic because I find the theme interesting. It goes farther than just the Kobe's trial, I am interested to know American point of view in comparaison with my european experience (maybe should I have open that under off-topic :bang: ).

LG the topic-link you gave above contain more than 50 pages!!! In such thread there is no way to speak about a specific point because it is spread into 10 differents topics.

see as well http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1442

well anyway, today is a good day since it seems that Kobe's accuser tried to kill herself 2 month ago...trial over, probably.

love and peace :man10:
shaqass

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:21 am

i would love to watch the trial...

Don't all you guys/girls wanna see Kobe confirmed innocent on LIVE TV, everyone will be watching! and they'll know KOBE is still the best.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby shaqass on Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:51 am

Sure many people would love to watch it. Which part will you love the most? The part when Kobe will have to describe what happen in the room (maybe he will have to describe wich positions they have done, crispy isn't it?) or the part when 3 cameras will be focused on Vanessa trying not to cry when the accuser will give her version of the story? Maybe the most enjoyable (please record it to me) will be when a couple of women will explain that they had sex with Kobe two months ago and that he is a good lover. really I cannot wait to see that!

It's not temptation island, it's not a peepshow. Even if Kobe is confirmed innocent (what will happen I think), do you think Kobe will walk away without beeing hurt? If he has to speak about his private life in front of million people it could be too much for him and his family to handle. Same thing for the accuser.
Last edited by shaqass on Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaqass

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:54 am

good points, i don't care now if we all get to watch it, i want kobe and his family protected. i want him to not get hurt by saying all that info. but you know, kobe did bring this upon him so....maybe he deserves it... idk
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Return to The Graveyard