Laker fan since 1962 is new to this Fab Forum

Forum rules
On behalf of the entire staff here, welcome to ClubLakers' online community of Laker fans.

If you are new here, make sure to introduce yourself in this forum so we can get to know you better.

Please take a look at our Site Guidelines before first and you'll be on your way to posting strong!

Laker fan since 1962 is new to this Fab Forum

Postby Chick22-44-33Consec on Mon May 25, 2009 7:59 am

I was 11 years young in 1962 when my parents with me in tow relocated to Pasadena from the Caribbean. I had never seen nor heard of basketball. One fine day I am searching the radio dial for some music amd I run across a "wild man", speaking machine gun like fast, with school girl enthusiasm and dropping words and phrases I had no idea what they meant. Naturally that was the world's greatest NBA announcer and the greatest Laker of all time, Sir Francis "Chickie Baby" Hearn.
I became hooked and have been a Laker fan ever since, crying year after year when the dreaded Cee's would beat the Lakers, the worse was Russell's final year in 1969 when Wilt had joined the team and Don nelson threw up and made the luckiest shot ever to win the game in the last second for the Beantown boys. My happiest season, all year long was 1971-72 with the 33 games winning streak and the first L A crown. I treasure my Lakers season recap LP narrated by Chick I bought to commemorate that season

I recall seeing Coops, my Pasadena home boy when he was just a frosh at PHS, then his first 2 years at PCC. I saw Pistol Pete Maravich just about an hour before he died because he would play ball at the Pasdena Nazareth church across the street from Victory Park because they had a fantastic gym where my boys and I would play and he would too against college players as well as other retired NBA-ers

I remember Hot Rod Hundley when he was Chick's side kick, I also recall Lynn Shackleford as color man. I've been to the Sports Arena, Fabulous Forum and Staples. I recall Chick hosting Bowling for Dollars in the off season too.

That's my story
Chick22-44-33Consec

Re: Laker fan since 1962 is new to this Fab Forum

Postby MadMax on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Good story, man! Welcome!

:beer:
MadMax

Postby extreme on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Welcome to the machine!
Looks great man!
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby jimmy5812423 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:49 am

Great story,
"Sky hook" your fav?
Repeat,repeat and repeat!!!
jimmy5812423

Postby Calilaker on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Hey my wife's cousins live in Altadena. I'll be going to my 1st Laker game in April, Lakers @ Clippers.
Calilaker

Postby GNC on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Welcome to CL :bow:
GNC

Return to The Purple Carpet