ClubLakers' You Are The GM Contest - PM TO WIN!

Postby BDG on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:48 am

Congratulations to Critter! You are our ClubLakers You Are The GM Contest winner!

You have won a Ronny Turiaf autograph card!

While we were looking for the best way to turn this team into a title contender, we were looking for a realistic way to improve the roster as well.

Here's Critter's entry . . .

Critter wrote:This is what I would do.

Bynum is a year away from becoming real impact player and 2 seasons away from being a star if he improves at the rate he is. So I would keep him. This offseason I resign Kwame from 5.5-7 million just because you need a big man that plays defense and a tag team of Kwame and Bynum will be killer. And a 3rd center in Mihm is solid.

The power forward position is a toss up but I believe we need Ronny to start and we need his energy in the starting lineup. And Radmanovic is a solid backup. He can score, and rebound some.

I would then look to draft a power forward with a back to the basket game like bynum in the draft and develop him. If Tyler Hansbrough is there at the Lakers pick you take him because he has huge potential. Now to the small forward position.

Lamar is a solid 3rd option. He can do anything so I keep him. And Luke backing Lamar up at the small forward position is solid.

The shooting guard position is taking up by by Kobe. I would keep him just because he is the best player in the world and you can't get fair value for him at all. Plus next season we will contend in the WC. Trevor Ariza backing him up is good but I would look to sign Tony Allen with the whole MLE and hope Celtics don't match. He plays defense and also has the offense to be a real solid player. If they do match the whole MLE offer we still have Ariza for defensive purposes. And when Kobe needs a break you play Allen or Ariza.

Now to the most interesting position of them all... the point guard. Right now and next year Fisher is good enough to start so I keep him as starter. Now heres the thing for backup, Farmar or Javaris? Whoever plays better will be backup and the other will get scrap minutes.

As you can see I want to keep the roster as is except use the MLE and draft a player. And just let Bynum become that impact player we need which should be 1-2 years and the Lakers will be championship contenders by then.

So
Fisher/Farmar/Javaris
Kobe/Allen/Ariza
Odom/Walton/Ariza
Ronny/Radmanovic/Hansbrough
Bynum/Kwame/Mihm
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:56 am

Critter certainly wasn´t the most creative lol

but the decison was based on what we felt was most realistic to accomplish. In some cases we acknowledged creativity and grit to make things happen, yet those visions aren't worthy if they are not possible to happen.

congrats Critter

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Black Sheep91 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:36 pm

woah I won, I am surprised I won honestly. I would of thought someone that said trade for Pau Gasol for Bynum or something involving Bynum would win. But I thought that the team we have right now is good enough to contend if Bynum pans out and he could possibly be better than Pau next year. He is already better than JO this year and he is a lot younger. But I never win any contest so I am really happy to have won. Thanks!

Should I pm bdg my address?
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby trips on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Congrats Crit.....
I'll be seeing you in LD. :man9: :man10:
trips

Postby MixedUp on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:34 pm

Who became number 2? number 3? and so on? I thought the contest was about making us a Immediatly threath for the title I think the winners entry makes us a contender in 2 or 3 years. if I knew it was this simple..
MixedUp

Previous

Return to 2008 Playoffs Tipoff Contest