My 2006 Offseason

My 2006 Offseason

Postby Black Sheep91 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:49 pm

Updated:
Ok, this this my first thread I have ever made on ClubLakers so here is my offseason...

trade mihm, cook, mckie, 2nd round pick for darius miles, steve blake, 30th pick

then trade 26th, 30th picks for 16th pick
draft Shawne Williams

sign Profit and Rush

Lineup:

PG: Steve Blake/ Smush Parker/ Sasha
SG: Kobe Bryant/ Kareem Rush/ Profit
SF: Darius Miles/ Luke Walton/ Shawne Williams
PF: Lamar Odom/ Ronny Turiaf
C: Kwame Brown/ Andrew Bynum

We get Darius Miles who if can try and all he can be a dangerous player
We get Steve Blake who is a good shooter and is smart
We sign rush and profit because the Lakers like them

Thats my offseason, what do you think?
Last edited by Black Sheep91 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:03 pm

LIKE IT, ID DRAFT EITHER RONDO, SHAWNE WILLIAMS OR CEDRICK SIMMONS....IM HIGHEST ON SHAWNE WILLIAMS, OR

TRADE a RE-SIGNED DEVEAN GEORGE AND NEXT YEAR CHAROLOTTE PICK FOR MILES THEN MIHM AND SMUSH TO CHICAGO FOR DUHON AND 16

TRADE 16 AND 26 AND COOK TO MINNESOTA FOR 6

DRAFT BRANDON ROY

ID STILL SIGN, MARCUS BANKS TO THE MLE
KAREEM RUSH FOR THE LLE

SO THIS IS WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE

BANKS / DUHON / SASHA
KOBE / RUSH
ROY / MILES / WALTON
ODOM / TURIAF
KWAME / BYNUM

YOU HAVE EFFECTIVELY MADE THE TEAM BETTER EQUIPED TO HANDLE THE NEW WEST, WITH MORE GUARD ORIENTED TEAMS, WHO CAN RUN AND SCORE, THE TEAM NOW PERFECTLY COMPLIMENTS KOBES TALENT
Last edited by SWOL on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Blkhorse on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:03 pm

anything that consist of Lamar Odom being our starting PF im not a big fan. it worked with PHX but it wont work against Duncan, Gasol, KG, etc. i like the whole steve blake thing though and us getting the 16th pick.
Blkhorse

Postby reflekt on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:05 pm

its interesting and all but...if we're going to deal with the blazers, we better be getting the 4th pick in return.

and i don't understand the alexander johnson pick. why would we want a poor man's turiaf? i'd rather get an extremely atheltic small forward or a solid PG.

we already have odom/mihm/kwame/turiaf/bynum in the frontcourt

we are incredibly thin at the SF position with walton being the only likely candidate. george will be gone this offseason.

i suppose blake is ok, but i'm not too high on him. miles is a poor man's odom who can't shoot and can't pass. although, i suppose i'd prefer his athleticism over walton's, since miles would add to the offensive firepower.
"He didn't like my toneage, if that's a word." Bryant said. "He's the decider. Is that a word, decider?"
reflekt

Postby Black Sheep91 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:08 pm

ehh I forgot about Turiaf on our team :bang: I thought we would be thin at PF so thats why I would draft Johnson. With that said Shawne Williams would be good with the 16 pick. My fault
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby reflekt on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:09 pm

swolswol wrote:LIKE IT, ID DRAFT EITHER RONDO, SHAWNE WILLIAMS OR CEDRICK SIMMONS....IM HIGHEST ON SHAWNE WILLIAMS, OR

DO THE TRADE FOR MILES AND BLAKE AND 30, THEN PAK 30 AND MIHM TO CHICAGO FOR 16

TRADE 16 AND 26 AND COOK TO MINNESOTA FOR 6

DRAFT BRANDON ROY

ID STILL SIGN, MARCUS BANKS TO THE MLE
SAVE THE LLE

SO THIS IS WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE

BANKS / BLAKE / SASHA
KOBE / SMUSH
ROY / MILES / WALTON
ODOM / TURIAF
KWAME / BYNUM

YOU HAVE EFFECTIVELY MADE THE TEAM BETTER EQUIPED TO HANDLE THE NEW WEST, WITH MORE GUARD ORIENTED TEAMS, WHO CAN RUN AND SCORE, THE TEAM NOW PERFECTLY COMPLIMENTS KOBES TALENT

except the problem with your scenario is that it would never EVER happen. the likelihood of having a string of trades like that to occur is nil, where each preceding package is dependent upon the previous trade being successful.
"He didn't like my toneage, if that's a word." Bryant said. "He's the decider. Is that a word, decider?"
reflekt

Postby Rabbit on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:14 pm

I want pick four. If there is one thing the Lakers aquire I hope it's that. We'll get Bargnani, Foye, Or Roy. We're set with any of those guys. Try to convince Terry or James to take the MLE. I don't want Miles. I don't want Alexander Johnson. Take Farmar or JJ there if we unfortunately end up with the 16.
KB8@CL wrote:In Buss I trust.

Rabbit

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas