In 2012 We Could've Looked Like This?

In 2012 We Could've Looked Like This?

Postby vaheblings on Thu May 05, 2011 3:26 pm

I know it's out of the ordinary, but we really had a chance to land Carmelo for Drew and no matter how valuable Drew might be or was mannnnn we could've had MELO! So imagine now we get bounced out by Dallas (looks like it) this off-season there is no secret that Howard wants to be a laker, I'm pretty sure any laker or even our GM would've offered Pau/Artest for Dwight. Which would u rather have now? Kobe/Pau/Bynum/Odom or Kobe/Howard/Melo/Odom?
vaheblings

Re: In 2012 We Could've Looked Like This?

Postby khmrP on Thu May 05, 2011 3:31 pm

like I said in the D.howard thread, you guys are seriously delusional if you think Orl GM is going to take on a 30 something Pau with his 20mill contract. Just cause Howard can force his way out doesn't he mean he can force his way out to just about any team he wants. IF and thats a big IF, Howard does demand a trade to LA, its going to start with Bynum not Pau, you dont build around a 30+yr old C who is absotely sucking these playoffs, unles you want to get fired immediately.
khmrP

Postby escobar8 on Thu May 05, 2011 3:41 pm

i doubt we could get melo and howard...
i still wouldnt trade bynum for melo...but i wouldnt hesitate to trade him for howard...but only becouse his injury issues...
escobar8

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm

oh boy.
D.B. Cooper

Postby vaheblings on Thu May 05, 2011 5:00 pm

khmrP wrote:like I said in the D.howard thread, you guys are seriously delusional if you think Orl GM is going to take on a 30 something Pau with his 20mill contract. Just cause Howard can force his way out doesn't he mean he can force his way out to just about any team he wants. IF and thats a big IF, Howard does demand a trade to LA, its going to start with Bynum not Pau, you dont build around a 30+yr old C who is absotely sucking these playoffs, unles you want to get fired immediately.

We all know this is a Superstars leauge, if he wants to go somewhere he can make that happen, just like Melo wanted 2 go to NY and he did, just like Shaq at the time gave a short list & he got his wish.
vaheblings

Postby nameant on Thu May 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Kobe/Howard/Drew/LO > Kobe/Howard/Melo/LO

They think we have a size advantage now...imagine if we had Drew and Howard. Pipe I know, but this is a hypothetical thread.
nameant

Postby ChuckTheD on Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm

If we get Howard, it's gonna be for Bynum, and no I don't want Melo either way. Bynum's been very good these playoffs, really our only consistent player.
ChuckTheD

Postby Sirron on Thu May 05, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm not ready to go down this road.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Lakerjones on Thu May 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Sirron wrote:I'm not ready to go down this road.

Me neither. :disagree:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby OriginalLFsinceMCMLX on Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 am

Trade Pau/Artest for Superman..pick up some of Ron's salary...find some way to get a better younger engine for this team, in other words sign CP3 at any cost (raise the cost of court side seats, they’ll pay it) re-sign LO.

Hey you naysayers, they said we couldn’t get Wilt (I predicted we would..we did), they said we couldn’t get Shack (I predicted we would..we did) they said we couldn’t get Kobe (I predicted we would..we did). More than any thing we need an assist making, scoring, defense playn team general…that will give Kobe mo room to maneuver …..then we can have show time in tinsel town once again, SIGN CP3 also find a way to buy Byron Scott’s contract and make him Laker’s Coach

I’ve been here since da beginning
OriginalLFsinceMCMLX

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas