R. Allen/Manu

R. Allen/Manu

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:46 pm

what would you guys say if either one of these guys were willing to take MLE from us next year? Seeing as how Allan is a little older we give him 3 years MLE while Manu I give 5yrs like we did Ron. I know Shannon is the current backup 2 and Sasha is the leech but by next year Sasha is expiring and depending on Farmar situation, I can see Manu being able to play the 1 or 2 in the Tri. If it were Allan I would hope Shannon can further develop his game and become the starting 1 or backup 1.
khmrP

Re: R. Allen/Manu

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Neither will. But sure, why not? I like drugs.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:07 pm

^^^You dont like people making derogatory comments toward you but yet you do it to others? NICE, READ the forum you're in, it says trade/signing IDEAS, tell me how much more Allan will get after this year? Manu is a stretch but not an impossibility. I'm sure you made the same dumb arse comments when a few here said lets get Ron for MLE :bang: This is far from being the same type of stuff I see here bout trading scrubs for Rubio or the likes :man10:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 pm

I was just jerking your chain, buddy. Relax.

But seriously, it's not happening. And I didn't even want Ron Artest in LA. I admit, I was wrong. But I always said I was hesitant about getting him on the Lakers.

As for Allen and Manu : Allen will most likely stick around in Boston for a lesser contract. Same with Manu.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:19 pm

IF SA doesnt win this year I doubt they bring back Manu, SA is going balls out this year with the luxury tax and I doubt they continue that way if they couldn't win. Just false hope I suppse, but I would hope one of those 2 would have the same mentality as Ron did, in terms of the money thing and wanting to win more than taking more money. IF Bos doesn't win I would think Allan would realize the window is closed in Bos.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Well we'll see, I sincerely doubt either of them would want to come to LA. After everything that happened between LA and Boston, I honestly wouldn't want Allen here. If he came, I suppose I could try to learn to like him, but I would pick Manu.

Thing is, I really doubt either of them would leave the place that brought them so much success. It's a different situation from Ron.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:09 pm

I just think its worth the effort to lure either one, we'll have Ammo contract off the books and Sasha becomes expiring, I doubt anyone takes him but just he'll be gone that much sooner :man1: . IF we repeat I am sure that alone can be selling point to both individual. Manu would be ideal, 2 points I see working in our favor, #1, SA did not extend him for the mere fact that he has been injury prone that must leave a bad taste in manu mouth what better way to say screw you than signing with the enemy? :man10: As for Allan, yea I know he part of those dbag, but I find him the least douchy out off all those C's and I'm sure he and Kobe have squash their prior issues, even at his current Age he is still one of the best shooters in the league and would still run circles around Sasha.
khmrP

Postby Biz on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:27 pm

If we win it all again, I don't think we go after anyone after this season given how big our payroll is. Of course I would take Allen in a heartbeat, especially for the MLE but I'm not sure if he'd want to come to LA. I'd say a big fat NO to Manu, even for the MLE (which is really $10 mill for us since we are over the cap). The guy is always injured and isn't getting any younger.
Biz

Postby khmrP on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:36 am

^^^but you're looking at it the wrong way, Ammo is costing us almost $12 million for this season, I believe is contract is close to $6mill this year so just think of it as Manu/Ammo swap :man1: , besides Manu is injured alot lately because he's been playing alot of ball with olympics/playoffs/international competition. Eventually Sasha contract will also go away so dont look at as purely adding contract.
khmrP

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas