Another Smart Trade? Lakers & Nets

Another Smart Trade? Lakers & Nets

Postby vaheblings on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:36 pm

This would be another smart trade for this team this year and it would clear up cap space for the summer for us to re-sign Odom & Ariza

Lakers Get: Stromile Swift, Jarvis Hayes
Nets Get: Chris Mihm, Luke Walton

Swift is a another big body we could use and he's also a unrestricted FA this year and Hayes is a guy who can defend and make a shot and he only has one year left on his deal. Just a thought what you guys think?

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to L.A. Lakers and New Jersey being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and New Jersey had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Lakers
Bynum/Swift
Gasol/Powell
Odom/Ariza/Morrison/Hayes
Kobe/Sasha/Brown
Fisher/Farmar

IR: Mbenga, Yue
vaheblings

Re: Another Smart Trade? Lakers & Nets

Postby Larry14r on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:57 pm

vaheblings wrote:This would be another smart trade for this team this year and it would clear up cap space for the summer for us to re-sign Odom & Ariza

Lakers Get: Stromile Swift, Jarvis Hayes
Nets Get: Chris Mihm, Luke Walton

Swift is a another big body we could use and he's also a unrestricted FA this year and Hayes is a guy who can defend and make a shot and he only has one year left on his deal. Just a thought what you guys think?

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to L.A. Lakers and New Jersey being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and New Jersey had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Lakers
Bynum/Swift
Gasol/Powell
Odom/Ariza/Morrison/Hayes
Kobe/Sasha/Brown
Fisher/Farmar

IR: Mbenga, Yue

I like your idea because if Mitch does this then he got my vote for GM/executive of the year. Also this will insure that we resign both Odom and Ariza and gets rid of Luke's horrible contract for good.
Larry14r

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Why would the Nets want Luke's contract? It's atrocious. And why would they want Mihm? He's shown literally nothing this year that would make teams want him. And why would they give up two good - okay role players for Luke and Mihm?

I don't mean to bash this idea because in principle I like it, but it doesn't make any sense.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakers_ftw on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:05 pm

^ threaldeal is right, no one wants luke contract. Luke is here to stay as a laker, you just have to accept it. The only way we will be able to trade Luke is probably in a couple of years maybe 2 or 3 and that is only a maybe... but as of now we have 5 years to accept luke is ours
lakers_ftw

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:07 am

not only that i wouldnt mind jarvis hayes as a player. stromile swift is just save cap he is done.
crazylakerfanforlife

Postby Larry14r on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:43 pm

lakers_ftw wrote:^ threaldeal is right, no one wants luke contract. Luke is here to stay as a laker, you just have to accept it. The only way we will be able to trade Luke is probably in a couple of years maybe 2 or 3 and that is only a maybe... but as of now we have 5 years to accept luke is ours

I agree too because if Luke was only signed to a 3 year deal instead of a 6 year deal then he would be gone by now. Also the only way we get rid of him is to take on a contract just as bad as his.
Larry14r

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Nets don't trade expirings for contracts with players like Luke attached to them. Luke is unmovable.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:18 pm

I've looked at every roster for every team, there is no one that would even remotely look at Luke.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas