75%
I prefer Artest
No votes
It's just too soon to make a decision
25%

Total votes : 4

Ariza for Artest?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:22 pm

We are a team trying to win now and riding Kobe's career as long as we can. When he's done, we will surely have at least a couple of years of rebuilding. So why not go for broke and give up somewhat of a lopsided trade (draft picks, not players) for a guy like Ariza who seemed to fit so perfectly on this team for a guy who is pretty much stinking up the place on both ends? I think Ariza is exactly the type of guy that can spark us as a team on both ends of the floor.

Thoughts?
Lets Go Lakers

Re: Ariza for Artest?

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Isn't Ariza shooting horrifically in NO? To be honest I haven't seen him play much. But I wouldn't be opposed to it if it meant trading Ron.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby kray28 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Trevor also has problems with the very type of player that Ron specializes in defending.

And Trevor hasn't been shooting like did in the 09 playoffs since he left. That was clearly an aberration.
Last edited by kray28 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kray28

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm

trade/signing ideas forum.

this was already discussed in other threads too.

anyways, NO.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:28 pm

grass always greener elsewhere lol, its a novel idea based on recent struggles but I'm not going say if Ariza is a good or bad player based on this years % but they horrible across the boards.
khmrP

Postby gcclaker on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:28 pm

kray28 wrote:Trevor also has problems with the very type of player that Ron specializes in defending.

Yep, the ones that would rejoice in this trade would be named Durant, Anthony and Pierce. I hope Jackson sits down with Artest and talk this through. The Lakers...Where Drama Happens.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:28 pm

The Original 81 wrote:Isn't Ariza shooting horrifically in NO? To be honest I haven't seen him play much. But I wouldn't be opposed to it if it meant trading Ron.

Ariza is nothing more than a complimentary player. His problem in Houston was that they made him like the 2nd option. Ariza cannot create his own shot and never will be able too. So they put too much on his table. His talents fit perfectly on this team. Just someone who is very athletic is who was told to play solid defense, spot up and shoot, jump passing lanes, run the break, go after loose balls, cut to the basket, and provide secondary help on defense. And he did that perfectly. He was a spark on both ends of the floor. We never ran the offense through him nor should we have.

I think his problem now is that teams are overrating Ariza's talents and think that he can be something more than what he was in LA but he is not.
Last edited by Lets Go Lakers on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby nameant on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Genius. Why has no1 thought of this?
nameant

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm

LOL. OP asks in another thread if Artest for Ariza would work financially and immediately after someone informs him that they're making the same amount of scratch, presto, a new thread without even taking the time to think about how New Orleans wouldn't want any part of said deal at all. LOL.

On a side note, God forbid said trade were somehow miraculously able to go through only to have Trevor struggle against the likes of Pierce, Durant and Anthony.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby TIME on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm

We already have several Artest drama-trade-whatarewegonnado threads open.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:LOL. OP asks in another thread if Artest for Ariza would work financially and immediately after someone informs him that they're making the same amount of scratch, presto, a new thread without even taking the time to think about how New Orleans wouldn't want any part of said deal at all. LOL.

On a side note, God forbid said trade were somehow miraculously able to go through only to have Trevor struggle against the likes of Pierce, Durant and Anthony.

Yup, that's exactly what happened. I don't follow all the salary cap stuff. When i found out it was doable, i got excited. So i made this thread.
Lets Go Lakers

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas