Artest to NY - Lakers get Gerald Wallace in a 3-Way

Artest to NY - Lakers get Gerald Wallace in a 3-Way

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 pm

I posted this in the Artest rumor thread as an idea, and checked it in the ESPN Trade Machine, and it works:

LA Receives: SF Gerald Wallace (CHA), PG/SG Roger Mason (NY)

CHA Receives: SF Wilson Chandler (NY), PF/C Anthony Randolf (NY), Luke Walton (LAL)

NY Receives: SF Ron Artest (LAL)

imo, all teams receive what they need.

lakers get g. wallace is going nowhere in charlotte and will likely be hungry to win a ring. he's a high energy, first-team all defense type player, who also can shoot. mason will be included as filler. also a serviceable pg/sg.

charlotte gets two young star potential talents. i don't know if they are RFA when they expire, but they are real players with great talent who can grow as a first option. luke is filler.

ny gets ron artest. ron ron gets energized going back to NY, in MSG. a defender to fight off the lebron and pierce.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Re: Artest to NY - Lakers get Gerald Wallace in a 3-Way

Postby captainhoop on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:58 pm

I dont see Knicks doing this. They want to keep Chandler unless they can get Melo in a deal.
HUGE LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN & BASKETBALL CARD COLLECTOR!
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR MY TRADELIST.

captainhoop

Postby AirKicks on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:01 am

Why would Charlotte take Luke's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] contract ?
AirKicks

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:47 pm

captain - If they don't send Chandler for Melo in a trade this year, Melo will 99.9% sign with NY in the offseason anyway, they wouldn't care about using Chandler as trade bait. And if they can get Artest to play WITH Melo and Amare, that would be very beneficial to them with a conference with Lebron and Pierce.

airkicks - why? no reason, just to make the trade work, BUT they get two young talents that they can start rebuilding from, instead of wallace who is really a above average role player and can't really be a team leader. chandler is more of a young star player type that charlotte can piece around. randolf is a young big who can develop with time.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas