Artest On The Block...Can We Step In?

Postby infamous on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Vlad + Mckie for Artest

cap space and a shooter, it'd be like having peja back for them!

GET R DONE MITCH!!!
"Your post makes zero sense and frankly it pisses me off." - Lakerman JSJ
infamous

Postby Jr. Kobe on Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:31 am

OMG :man4: :man4: He had a 39 pts, 8 reb, 5 stl game tonight!!!

DO IT MITCH! :jam2:
THOUSANDS OF TURKISH LAKERS FANS (OVER 16k)
LOS ANGELES LAKERS TURKEY: www.LakersTR.com
ALSO CHECK THIS OUT PLEASE!!! - THANKS
Jr. Kobe

Postby TheMoa on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:24 pm

guys, this is just a idea or has some chance to this do?

OT: Excuse me the english, but i'm from brazil and I never did a english curse...
TheMoa

Postby infamous on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:15 am

TheMoa wrote:guys, this is just a idea or has some chance to this do?

OT: Excuse me the english, but i'm from brazil and I never did a english curse...

so far just ideas, wishful thinking from me :man5:
infamous

Postby Tragic on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:46 am

chug o nomics wrote:Mihm + Farmar + VladRad for Artest + Hart + Maybe a pick

I'd do it in a heart beat but as people in this thread have been saying from the start, a team in the same division as us probably would not trade with us.
Tragic

Postby thug_pound on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:49 pm

thats true but if its for their best interest thelle do it
thug_pound

Postby everfresh on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:03 pm

WE NEED RON RON!

Kwame

Odom

Artest

Kobe

Smush

:bow:
Got any Rookie basketball cards you wanna sell or trade? Get @ me!
everfresh

Postby thug_pound on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:55 pm

everfresh wrote:WE NEED RON RON!

Kwame

Odom

Artest

Kobe

Smush

:bow:
YOU GOT IT BRO!!!! :jam2:
thug_pound

Postby ForceFH on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:40 pm

I'd do it in a heart beat but as people in this thread have been saying from the start, a team in the same division as us probably would not trade with us

I think things will clear up by the trading deadline.

If the Kings aren't dealing Artest then, then we have no shot. If they are actively shopping him, we may have a shot. It all depends on whether the Kings want to rebuild and how bad Artest plays and how poorly he acts.
ForceFH

Postby infamous on Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:33 pm

I hope nobody thinks his big game in NY was a sign that he wants to stay... it was just him playing his best infront of a home crowd.
infamous

Postby TheMoa on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Mans, one guy in brazil post this in a site. He post this like a new. The trade is going to be happen in few days. :bang: :bang:

Other time......excuse me the poor english
TheMoa

Postby thug_pound on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:09 pm

TheMoa wrote:Mans, one guy in brazil post this in a site. He post this like a new. The trade is going to be happen in few days. :bang: :bang:

Other time......excuse me the poor english
???????
thug_pound

Postby Tragic on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:49 pm

it's over guys, artest isn't coming.
Tragic

Postby thevilOne on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:39 pm

Jesus the Queens were scared to death we would get Artest in the first place. Now they are going to trade him to us for garbage, and Farmer?

Not going to happen.
thevilOne

Postby thug_pound on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:41 pm

thevilOne wrote:Jesus the Queens were scared to death we would get Artest in the first place. Now they are going to trade him to us for garbage, and Farmer?

Not going to happen.

:wow: someone explain this guy that cap space isnt garbage!!!
thug_pound

Postby thevilOne on Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:52 am

thug_pound wrote:
thevilOne wrote:Jesus the Queens were scared to death we would get Artest in the first place. Now they are going to trade him to us for garbage, and Farmer?

Not going to happen.

I understand cap space very well. I also know that Petrie could get a lot more then ending contracts & Farmer for Artest. He traded Peja for Artest now he would settle for Farmer???

Anyway, If that wouldn't kill it, the fact that the Lakers are a Division rival would.

I would love to get Ron Artest, but Petrie would never trade him to the Lakers unless we gave him a deal he couldn't refuse.
thevilOne

Postby burningjoe on Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:51 pm

Hey guys...new to the board...but...long time Lakers fan.

Been reading this thread and.....

Artest...a Laker...are you guys crazy? He is a lose canon and is sure not to get along with Kobe over time. And...I dont think that he could ever understand the Triangle...he never accepted the systems in Chicago, Indiana and now in Sac...and those are wide open offensive schemes. Put him in the restrictive grip of the Triangle...he would never make it. His defensive ability...however great it is (and he is incerdible on that end of the floor) would not be enough for me to make the trade...for any player or pick or cap space or anything.

Artest is a bad idea for the Lakers
burningjoe

Postby infamous on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:26 pm

burningjoe wrote:Hey guys...new to the board...but...long time Lakers fan.

Been reading this thread and.....

Artest...a Laker...are you guys crazy? He is a lose canon and is sure not to get along with Kobe over time. And...I dont think that he could ever understand the Triangle...he never accepted the systems in Chicago, Indiana and now in Sac...and those are wide open offensive schemes. Put him in the restrictive grip of the Triangle...he would never make it. His defensive ability...however great it is (and he is incerdible on that end of the floor) would not be enough for me to make the trade...for any player or pick or cap space or anything.

Artest is a bad idea for the Lakers

you just dont make sense, yeah he's a loose canon he already tore down sac town huh... wait... he might be the only reason they're having a near 500 season.. him and kobe are friends off the court, they get along and he did play some triangle while in chicago... and I think you forget that phil was pushing hard for him last season when he was being traded.. He would be GOLDEN in the forum blue and gold.
infamous

Postby Tragic on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:48 pm

he would make us an instant contender.
Tragic

Postby thug_pound on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:53 pm

thevilOne wrote:
thug_pound wrote:

Not going to happen.

I understand cap space very well. I also know that Petrie could get a lot more then ending contracts & Farmer for Artest. He traded Peja for Artest now he would settle for Farmer???

Anyway, If that wouldn't kill it, the fact that the Lakers are a Division rival would.

I would love to get Ron Artest, but Petrie would never trade him to the Lakers unless we gave him a deal he couldn't refuse.

You Don't get the point or you just feeling negative! check this out, if Petrie doesn't want to risk getting another "f"up and may be looking forward to aquaire a free agent this summer its not a bad idea 4 him, as far as im conserned no team wants Artest or else he would had being traded to another team by now. Reason why teams don't want him is because they are afraid they can't handle him, on the other hand if any coach can is Phil and 1 more thing if you go to every Kings Forum and read them your going to find out that most want to rebuild a team around Garcia and Martin thats why i say that we should give them farmar & maybe even a 1st pick
thug_pound

Postby thug_pound on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:00 am

Shyt ill even throw in luke walton in the trade!
thug_pound

Postby The Maverick on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:35 am

thug_pound wrote:Shyt ill even throw in luke walton in the trade!

Don't bypass the swearing filter.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby thug_pound on Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:40 pm

SteveMachine wrote:
thug_pound wrote:Shyt ill even throw in luke walton in the trade!

Don't bypass the swearing filter.

too late for that isn't it??? :man12:
thug_pound

Postby burningjoe on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:17 pm

infamous wrote:you just dont make sense, yeah he's a loose canon he already tore down sac town huh... wait... he might be the only reason they're having a near 500 season.. him and kobe are friends off the court, they get along and he did play some triangle while in chicago... and I think you forget that phil was pushing hard for him last season when he was being traded.. He would be GOLDEN in the forum blue and gold.

He may very well be the reason they are barley below .500...I am not saying the guy cant play...he is amazing to watch...when he plays all out....which he is doing right now...hoping to look good so he can get out of Sac...then its back to the lacsidazical Artest we all have since for 7 years now....

Artest Rookie year was 99'-00' - Phil and the Triangle were already in LA...Tim Floyd was in Chicago at that time (I think it was Tim).

Kobe is 'Friends" with all sort of players...that dosent mean that their dynamic would work on the court.

Phil "wanted" Artest because he didnt want Sac to have him....those are his words too...I am looking for the article with the quote. 'Somethign like...it would have been irresponsible of me not to inquire...but I really just didnt want Sac to have him".

I will defer to your idea for one second and say that I think it could work.....They guy has unbeleivable talent...just like Lamar had....and Lamar in the Triangle...is unbeliveable....if he had not been hurt this season....he would be an All Star this year....so...If Lamar could change...then so can Artest...maybe....Lamar had some troubles...but nothing like Ron.
burningjoe

Postby infamous on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:25 pm

I wonder if this recent run in with the law will make kings wave him or put him on the block... WE HAVE TO STEP IN if this is the scenario.
infamous

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas