Artest On The Block...Can We Step In?

Postby 24/8Lakerfan on Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:49 pm

infamous wrote:I wonder if this recent run in with the law will make kings wave him or put him on the block... WE HAVE TO STEP IN if this is the scenario.

I hope so, even just to save our playoff hopes considering how the Lakers are playing now. We need good defensive players like Artest, not to mention his offensive abilities, burned us with 19 pts at 50% FG + 6 assists last Friday, witnessed it courtside at Staples. :man5:
24/8Lakerfan

Postby weballin415 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:06 pm

Are we this desparate, that we turn to RON FREAKIN ARTEST when we start to stumble a little bit?

If the Lakers sign Artest, a good part of what makes the Lakers great will die. Yeah, some of these guys have gotten into trouble here and there, but none of them have been woman-beating, dog-abusing thugs. I have zero interest in watching any Lakers game where Artest starts in purple and gold.

Look at the Angels, and what their fans are going through with Gary Matthews, Jr. and the suspected HGH use. It's bad for team chemistry, bad for the fan base, bad all around.
weballin415

Postby wizards4life on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Artest is going back to the east. Why? cause he wanna be an Allstar again.
wizards4life
ClubWizardsHoops.com Administrator

Postby MikeDead on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Aretst = A BIG NO!

I wouldnt wanna see him playing for my team, and I dont know why anyone would wanna see him playing for their team. If you like good defensive players who ruin team chemistry and cant stay out of trouble to save their life, then sure trade for him, but I wouldnt take the risk.
MikeDead
ClubCeltics.com Administrator

Postby SignPippenNow on Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:23 pm

Why are you guys including McKie in any deal? He is a free agent so that contract went down the drain at the trading deadline so forget him, Shammond, Smush and Mihm unless maybe a sign and trade with Mihm and Smush for someone
SignPippenNow

Signing Artest

Postby neelio010 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:54 pm

I dont think its a good idea to sign Ron because he is very short temperd and might do something to ruin the lakers chance of entering the playoffs. :disagree:
neelio010

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas