Artest On The Block...Can We Step In?

Artest On The Block...Can We Step In?

Postby thug_pound on Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:23 pm

Rumors are that Kings don't want Ron Ron and that there might be a trade for Corey Maggette...What do you guys think if we offer them some Cap Space and a First Round Pick??? Mihm & Mckie being the cap space & Farmar being the first round pick! I think it makes sence for both teams.

5.)Kwame

4.)Lamar

3.)Ron

2.)Kobe

1.)Smush
thug_pound

Postby The LeBrons on Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Except for the fact that we're in the same division, the last team on earth they want to trade with, and all we have to offer is garbage. :bang:
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby thug_pound on Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:04 pm

how do uconsider that garbage??? if Mihm & Mckie are not gonna be on there books after this season!the only person you must be refering to is Jordan Farmar and this kid is not garbage...I dunno where you get your info from or I wonder if you even watch our games?Farmar is very valuable in my opinion.
thug_pound

Postby Weezy on Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:21 pm

And if we give up Farmar, who the heck is going to be our point guard next year?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby thug_pound on Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:54 pm

Weezy wrote:And if we give up Farmar, who the heck is going to be our point guard next year?

Smush Parker we can find someone better with the little money we get
thug_pound

Postby thug_pound on Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:07 pm

1ST OF ALL FARMAR NEXT YEAR IS NOT GOING TO MAKE US PLAYOFF CONTENDERS ON THE OTHER HAND (2ND OF ALL )ARTEST WILL GIVE US A SOLID DEFENSIVE TEAM,SOMETHING THAT WE ARE MISSING!3RD OF ALL IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF PREASURE OFF KOBE ON THE DEFENSIVE END, WITCH WILL MAKE KOBE MORE EXPLOSIVE ON OFFENCE!
thug_pound

Postby nakiannu on Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:13 pm

Any ideas why RonRon would be on the trading block?

My initial idea was that Ron has sort of outshined Bibby who wanted to be the team leader, and maybe Bibby didn't want to give up the spot.
So maybe they're sort of butting heads, and one of them has to go.
But that's just speculation...

Any other ideas?

I'd love to trade for Artest, but I don't see that happening unfortunately..
nakiannu

Postby Lakers#1fan on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:41 pm

acually the real reason their trading him is because He is not buying into musselman's system. That's what I heard on ESPN. I hope we get him though! :jam2:
Lakers#1fan

Postby Klewfish on Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:50 pm

hmmm tough decision for the Kings. Maggette......or Mihm/McKie............
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:32 am

LakersKB24LO7 wrote:hmmm tough decision for the Kings. Maggette......or Mihm/McKie............

i sense your sarcasm lol
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby infamous on Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:32 am

I'd give them mckie, minh, and radman, too bad they rather have spaghetti rather than salary cap space and a bearded ace ventura
"Your post makes zero sense and frankly it pisses me off." - Lakerman JSJ
infamous

Postby Tragic on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:12 am

We really need the extra defense ron will improve our defensive intensity. I seriously think the Lakers admin should focus on trying to accuire artest without losing Odom, and Kobe of course.
Tragic

Postby wavy on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:59 am

dude you wanna give up the only good first round pick we had in years. i like artest but i wouldn't give farmar for him.
wavy

Postby chug o nomics on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:18 pm

Mihm + Farmar + VladRad for Artest + Hart + Maybe a pick
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Re: Artest On The Block...Can We Step In?

Postby badboyhoward on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:35 pm

thug_pound wrote:Rumors are that Kings don't want Ron Ron and that there might be a trade for Corey Maggette...What do you guys think if we offer them some Cap Space and a First Round Pick??? Mihm & Mckie being the cap space & Farmar being the first round pick! I think it makes sence for both teams.

5.)Kwame

4.)Lamar

3.)Ron

2.)Kobe

1.)Smush

if the lakers are gonna get artest wich i doubt they will they are gonna have to give up odom in the process.he is the only one that has some value outside of kobe.
badboyhoward

Postby dane99 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:39 pm

The LeBrons wrote:Except for the fact that we're in the same division, the last team on earth they want to trade with, and all we have to offer is garbage. :bang:

look on the bright side the clippers are in the same division too
and a move like this can help them retool, brad miller is in hi 30is and mike will not sign next season because he will be a free agent an i don't see him going back there he,he wants a ring and he ant gonna get it there so leave my boy. with kevin martin and garcia showing promise they can make a move like this and try to get in position for one a the big boys in the draft so who knows and i hear they are for sale and if this i true they might just want to move bibby,miller,rahim and artest
dane99

Postby ForceFH on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:42 pm

Artest is the Clippers to lose.

However, we can wait until next year when either Cassell(if he plays), Brand or Kaman, or Artest blows up and complains about touches. It is bound to happen.
ForceFH

Re: Artest On The Block...Can We Step In?

Postby thug_pound on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:26 pm

badboyhoward wrote:
thug_pound wrote:Rumors are that Kings don't want Ron Ron and that there might be a trade for Corey Maggette...What do you guys think if we offer them some Cap Space and a First Round Pick??? Mihm & Mckie being the cap space & Farmar being the first round pick! I think it makes sence for both teams.

5.)Kwame

4.)Lamar

3.)Ron

2.)Kobe

1.)Smush

if the lakers are gonna get artest wich i doubt they will they are gonna have to give up odom in the process.he is the only one that has some value outside of kobe.

Of course he is the only one that has value besides Farmar, Kobe, and Bynum and maybe even Kwame Brown but your not understanding what im trying to tell you. If the Kings prefer cap space rather than risking their trade again, then the Lakers have a big shot. Specially if the Kings are looking for young talent like Jordan Farmar
thug_pound

Postby thug_pound on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:31 pm

wavy wrote:dude you wanna give up the only good first round pick we had in years. i like artest but i wouldn't give farmar for him.

:panic2: Oh yeah, so by the time Bynum and Farmar grow up to their potential Kobe will will be 35 :man10:
thug_pound

Postby thug_pound on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:33 pm

chug o nomics wrote:Mihm + Farmar + VladRad for Artest + Hart + Maybe a pick

I checked the trade machine on ESPN.com and REALGM.com and Mihm, Mckie, and Farmar will do for Artest.
thug_pound

Postby thug_pound on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:36 pm

LakersKB24LO7 wrote:hmmm tough decision for the Kings. Maggette......or Mihm/McKie............

You mean Maggette or Cap space and a first round pick player who looks really promising. :mhihi:
thug_pound

Postby Klewfish on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:00 pm

thug_pound wrote:

You mean Maggette or Cap space and a first round pick player who looks really promising. :mhihi:

Yea, but on the other hand. It'd be a tough decision for the Lakers to give up Farmar, even for Artest. Sure Artest is the better player, but right now we sorely lack PG depth, and Farmar seems to be able to fill that role for the future. If we get Artest, we have Odom/Artest/Vlad/Cook/Turiaf/Evans/Luke all fighting for SF/PF minutes. If we gave up Farmar, i'd hope we would move Vlad/Cook and either Luke or Evans for a PG.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby thug_pound on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:16 pm

LakersKB24LO7 wrote:
thug_pound wrote:

Yea, but on the other hand. It'd be a tough decision for the Lakers to give up Farmar, even for Artest. Sure Artest is the better player, but right now we sorely lack PG depth, and Farmar seems to be able to fill that role for the future. If we get Artest, we have Odom/Artest/Vlad/Cook/Turiaf/Evans/Luke all fighting for SF/PF minutes. If we gave up Farmar, i'd hope we would move Vlad/Cook and either Luke or Evans for a PG.

yeah bro but consider that Kobe is getting old! he isnt 24 where you can built a team with time! kobe is at his best, why wait? And you know we can score! we just can't stop other teams from scoring!!!right?
thug_pound

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:33 am

Here's an idea: Give them Kwame, Radmonovic, & Mihm for Artest & Brad Miller
Lakerfantilidie

Postby thug_pound on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:41 pm

i guess the Clippers aren't after Artest after all!!!!http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2715587
thug_pound

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas