Artest trade (the turn around point for Lakers)

Artest trade (the turn around point for Lakers)

Postby kbnickchiu on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:28 pm

I hate to give up Devean George since he's been with us since his Rookie year and being one of the most hustle guys in the team. But I am sure that Pacers would love to have him if Phil Jackson is not willing to give up Lamar Odom.

We also have to give up two more players, Brian Cook and Slava. Phil said he dones't want to see Andrew Bynum to be traded, either.

Brian Cook, Slava, and Devean George

for

Ron Artest and Austin Croshere or Jonathan Bender.

This trade can fit into the salary cap system and both teams are getting something back from the trade.

Austin Croshere's 3 pointer and his free throw give us more options at the end of the game.

Jonathan Bender.... this KID.... has always been on the injury list. Sparks a little and then fades away. I think the Pacers may have ran out of patience for that kid. He 7'1, tall enough but not strong enough to fight for grounds in the paint. But having a 7'1 guy that he is able to sink a 3 is always a good thing. Plus he was once said to be the next KG.

Artest.... is ARTEST. I am sure Phil can control his temper and raise his basketball skill into another level. Look what Phil did to Dennis Rodman. Dennis loved Phil. By the way, Artest is wearing number 91 to honor his idol Dennis Rodman.

Brian Cook's 3 pointer we can get it from Croshere or Bender.

Slava........ just a gift for them to make the trade looks more fair to them plus Pacers needs some depth in the paint now since Jeff Foster is not doing a great job inside. Another big buy would make Pacers GM's Walsh heart beats a little faster.

Devean George and Ron Artest they are basically the same type of player. Both hustle the boards, run for fast breaks, pull up for 3s, and PLAY D. George had proven himself he is able to play with star players like J. O'Neal. Look what George has done when Karl, Gary, and alway fake injury O'Neal were with the Lakers. Right now he just need more minutes on the court. Damn.... I am gonna miss him a lot.

Anyways, if this trade is do-able. Here is the starting line up for the Lakers. Pretty solid, huh?

Starting Line Up:

C Chris Mihm
F Lamar Odom
F Ron Artest
G Kobe Bryant
G Smush Parker

Bench:

FC Kwame Brown
FC Andrew Bynum
F Austin Crshere (Jonathan Bender)
GF Luke Walton
GF Laron Profit
G Aaron McKie
G Sasha Vujacic
G Devin Green
G Von Wafer

Damn... back to our deepest hole.... PG
By the way, if Bender does come to Lakers. Look at our 3 young post players!!

Bender 24 7'1
Kwame 23 6'11
Bynum 18 7'1

We owns the future!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
kbnickchiu

Postby dugdug on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:54 pm

please
seriously

would indy do this...
yahh....RIGHT
dugdug

Postby Savage1 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:06 pm

The Pacers are going to want something back to replace their great talent. In most peoples' minds, George is nowhere near Artest in terms of talent, and they probably aren't going to want two throw ins that are good role players at best. Jonathan Bender is retiring and will no longer play. If Odom is not going to be a Pacer, at least Bynum and/or Brown will be if we get Artest.
Savage1

Postby KB24 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:06 pm

please either post it in the Lakers discussion and the big thread or use this one.
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewto ... &start=300

This forum is for legit trade rumors and we already have 1 Artest thread, you should use that.
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45559

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Re: Artest trade (the turn around point for Lakers)

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:14 pm

kbnickchiu wrote:I hate to give up Devean George since he's been with us since his Rookie year and being one of the most hustle guys in the team. But I am sure that Pacers would love to have him if Phil Jackson is not willing to give up Lamar Odom.

We also have to give up two more players, Brian Cook and Slava. Phil said he dones't want to see Andrew Bynum to be traded, either.

Brian Cook, Slava, and Devean George

for

Ron Artest and Austin Croshere or Jonathan Bender.

This trade can fit into the salary cap system and both teams are getting something back from the trade.

Austin Croshere's 3 pointer and his free throw give us more options at the end of the game.

Jonathan Bender.... this KID.... has always been on the injury list. Sparks a little and then fades away. I think the Pacers may have ran out of patience for that kid. He 7'1, tall enough but not strong enough to fight for grounds in the paint. But having a 7'1 guy that he is able to sink a 3 is always a good thing. Plus he was once said to be the next KG.

Artest.... is ARTEST. I am sure Phil can control his temper and raise his basketball skill into another level. Look what Phil did to Dennis Rodman. Dennis loved Phil. By the way, Artest is wearing number 91 to honor his idol Dennis Rodman.

Brian Cook's 3 pointer we can get it from Croshere or Bender.

Slava........ just a gift for them to make the trade looks more fair to them plus Pacers needs some depth in the paint now since Jeff Foster is not doing a great job inside. Another big buy would make Pacers GM's Walsh heart beats a little faster.

Devean George and Ron Artest they are basically the same type of player. Both hustle the boards, run for fast breaks, pull up for 3s, and PLAY D. George had proven himself he is able to play with star players like J. O'Neal. Look what George has done when Karl, Gary, and alway fake injury O'Neal were with the Lakers. Right now he just need more minutes on the court. Damn.... I am gonna miss him a lot.

Anyways, if this trade is do-able. Here is the starting line up for the Lakers. Pretty solid, huh?

Starting Line Up:

C Chris Mihm
F Lamar Odom
F Ron Artest
G Kobe Bryant
G Smush Parker

Bench:

FC Kwame Brown
FC Andrew Bynum
F Austin Crshere (Jonathan Bender)
GF Luke Walton
GF Laron Profit
G Aaron McKie
G Sasha Vujacic
G Devin Green
G Von Wafer

Damn... back to our deepest hole.... PG
By the way, if Bender does come to Lakers. Look at our 3 young post players!!

Bender 24 7'1
Kwame 23 6'11
Bynum 18 7'1

We owns the future!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Ok...but there is one little tiny bit of a problem in this idea...Bender retired because of his knee...and I don't know if Indy would want to give us 2 people for trash...maybe Artest only but not both so...but whatever...we'll see what happens because the trading can start today!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Laker Link

Postby LakersCourt on Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:34 pm

Slava Medvedenko Aaron McKie and Devin Green are the only people I would be willing to sacrafice. Everyone else stays.

Now, if anyone is willing to trade say a Kevin Garnett or a LeBron James.....I would be willing to part with all 3. :man1:
LakersCourt

Postby killacam on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:26 pm

/\All three as in Kobe, Odom, and Bynum cus thats the only way that that would ever happen
killacam

Postby In The Key on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:42 pm

This is big news, but as much as I think Ron is a great player and will be for the Lakers, I'm not so sure about offering a package deal for more than two players, we would just get thinner. We have to trade Odom in order to get him, so I say no for the trade.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby SWOL on Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:38 am

THROW IN JERMAINE O'NIEL FOR A FURTURE 2ND ROUNDER AND WE GOT A DEAL
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby KB24 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:45 am

YOu hate giving up Gump? :man10: :man10: :man10:
Damn I would give up Gump for a punch in my OWN face and a kick in my OWN butt.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby alex58 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:47 pm

:scream: Guys , relax , don't have a false hope . Artest will never be here , we need to have a GM first then he can talk with the Pacers and improve our team .
Mitch is the one that has to go away , if we want any improvements.
so , calm down , as long as he is here , no trades will be done even if Indiana asks for Slava onlt for artest :mhihi: :mhihi:
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:04 pm

I say untouchables is Kobe, Lamar, A-Bomb and Mihm. All other player they can take for Artest. I think we should offer Gump + Slava and somone else for Artest.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby In The Key on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:15 pm

The only sensible trade for the Pacers would be a George-Cook-Mihm-first rounder for Artest and Scot Pollard.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby SWOL on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:37 pm

I WOULD HATE TO TRADE DEVEAN STRAIGHT UP FOR CARMELO ANTHONY, HE IS REALLY STARTING TO GEL IN THE OFFENSE
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Unphony Phranchise on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:38 pm

swolswol wrote:I WOULD HATE TO TRADE DEVEAN STRAIGHT UP FOR CARMELO ANTHONY, HE IS REALLY STARTING TO GEL IN THE OFFENSE

I pray that Carmelo Anthony NEVER wears a Laker uniform. :hurl:
:bspn: :soap:
Unphony Phranchise

Postby Justin Bailey on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:01 pm

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:I say untouchables is Kobe, Lamar, A-Bomb and Mihm. All other player they can take for Artest. I think we should offer Gump + Slava and somone else for Artest.

Mihm, I surely would get rid of him for Artest...
But as much as I hope, looks like Ron's going elsewhere, too many other teams have much more to offer than us.
Justin Bailey

Postby Sirron on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:02 pm

Apparently the Pacers have received at least two trade offers with All Star quality players involved.

I'm thinking that no matter how much you like Slava and Gump that an All Star MIGHT be more attractive. :man12:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Alleyhoops on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:49 pm

Alleyhoops

Postby reincarnatingDABULLS on Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:13 pm

i know we are all big on Chris Bosh, but would you rather try to get him in 2007 or would you rather have Ron Artest right now.

I believe the Lakers and Indiana together can throw out a decent offer to Toronto inorder for Indiana to acquire Chris Bosh and Jalen Rose, and in turn they can give us Ron Artest. The biggest attraction that we possess is Andrew Bynum. I know everyone has the dream of Bynum being the bigman of our future, but i think Kwame has more potential. Having a backcourt of Kobe Artest and Smush would take a lot of defensive pressure off of Kwame and Lamar as well. Also, with turiaf returning, our frontline would maintain the depth it had with bynums presence. Our back up guard rotation would also be extremely versatile. Profit, Walton, and Sasha have all shown the ability to play multiple positions in the triangle. By the time playoffs arrive our roster could be one of the most potent in the league with a powerful starting 5, and a decpetively effect bench.

Kwame/Mihm
Lamar/Cook/Turiaf
Artest/Walton
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Smush/Sasha
reincarnatingDABULLS

Postby silversyphon41 on Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:44 pm

im gonna disagree here. kwame has already spent three years in the nba and has little to show for it. true, just like jermaine o'neal, but kwame was given a fair chance and he doesn't have a good post game, something that the lakers are in dire need of. bynum is the future. he is learning, and in about 2 years, he'll be a solid contributor. he defense is already good, especially his blocks, giving opponents a preview of what they'll be seeing a lot of soon. :man12: kwame is overpaid and if the lakers can swing a trade of odom and others for artest and others, this would be great. odom earns 6 million more next year than artest, and this helps the lakers for their 2007 plan.
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

Postby wavy on Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:17 am

alex58 wrote: :scream: Guys , relax , don't have a false hope . Artest will never be here , we need to have a GM first then he can talk with the Pacers and improve our team .
Mitch is the one that has to go away , if we want any improvements.
so , calm down , as long as he is here , no trades will be done even if Indiana asks for Slava onlt for artest :mhihi: :mhihi:

let's trade mitch for artest :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13:
wavy

Postby Landsberger on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:29 am

What's your next proposal?

Ron Artest for a bag of chips?

Like we can get him for a couple of bench players...

:man10:
Landsberger

Postby OX1947 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:04 am

Here is one trade I think that would work. It is a three way trade, which I have said would be the only way the lakers could get Artest without giving up their core players. It would involve the Knicks, Pacers, and Lakers:

Lakers trade: Slava, McKie, George

Knicks trade: Marbury

Pacers trade: Artest

Lakers get: Artest

Knicks get: Slava, Mckie, George

Pacers get Marbury

I think it would be obvious for LA, that this would be a perfect situation. Indiana through all of this would get an all star SG/PG to go with a line up of JO, Tinsley, Jackson, Granger, etc.

Now I know what your thinking, the knicks get slava, mckie and george, thats garbage. Well the owners of the knicks have told Isiah that he needs to not take on more cash. By trading Marbury, he rids the knicks of 75 million in salary for the next 4 years, saving the knicks from paying 16 mil in lux tax money after this year alone. Hardaways contract done, by the end of this year, george and slava contract, end by the year. By 2007, Houstons contract out. The Knicks have Crawford and Nate Robinson to play PG. Also, Mo taylors contract done at the end of the 2007 season, the knicks would be sitting pretty to dive in the FO pool.
OX1947

Postby silversyphon41 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:39 am

i understand the reason for that trade from the knicks standpoint, but i don't believe that it is that probable. regardless of the money issue, the knicks will want some compensation for marbury. they'll want more players, of a higher quality.
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

Postby Savage1 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:33 am

silversyphon41 wrote:i understand the reason for that trade from the knicks standpoint, but i don't believe that it is that probable. regardless of the money issue, the knicks will want some compensation for marbury. they'll want more players, of a higher quality.

Indiana isn't going to want his toxic contract either, too many years at a max salary left.
Savage1

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas