No big moves

No big moves

Postby mateoelco79 on Mon May 07, 2007 11:20 am

I've been having this feeling lately that i dont think we are going to nad a big name guy. i dont think we have enough to get Garnett or JO. Mchale already said he wouldnt trade with us. I see us going to maybe a lot more little moves instead of one big one.
One of the scenarios i see is maybe us going after Andre Miller. A great PG who just wants to pass and play defense. Then i see us signing a Kapono and a najera to the team. little moves but would add depth.

The other move which would be great is if we could some how try to Camby. Rumors are that he might be out in Denver to save cap space and with Kenyon Martin coming back.
I miss Caron Butler...what a stupid trade.
mateoelco79

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Mon May 07, 2007 11:39 am

I was thinking that Camby might be a good choice to bring into LA as well. The Lakers do need a decent point guard, but the biggest thing they need to do is add to their front court. If you beef that up, they could probably stand to have Farmar as their starting point.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby FutureLakerGM on Mon May 07, 2007 12:26 pm

no big moves = bye Mitch = :jam2:

but I don't want to go through another year with this lineup, I just can't :bang:
FutureLakerGM

Postby prudy1 on Mon May 07, 2007 12:35 pm

I wonder if Tracy McGrady might be available?
prudy1

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Mon May 07, 2007 2:00 pm

LOL, I definitely don't see McGrady coming to LA anytime soon. He's too expensive and I don't see him leaving the Rockets in the near future. Instead the rockets are going to try and rebuild around their two stars and find them some help.

I agree with you Future, Mitch better do something this summer, because so far he hasn't don't anything for this team other than not making it worse (which I guess has to count for something, right?). That goes for his protege, Jim as well. Yes, we know that your moment of glory was nabbing Bynum, but if you're going to be general manager someday, you going to need to know how to do the right thing for the team and not just yourself...
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby ShowtimeInLA on Tue May 08, 2007 12:35 pm

mccgrady coming to LA is probably the dumbest thing ive read besides billups coming here. or KG. we cannot get anyone with a huge reputation. that is the bottom line. artest, JO are about as big as we can possibly get, reputation-wise. we cant afford anyone without giving up more than we can afford. its pretty simple...there arernt going to be any big trades this summer. kobe will have his best year next year and hopefully we can get artest and a couple of other decent players, and take it as far as it can go. until kobe retires or leaves, he will always be the backbone of this team because his salary is the backbone of this team.
ShowtimeInLA

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas