Bruce Bowen anyone?

Re: Bruce Bowen anyone?

Postby PhiLJaCkSoN-10 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:58 pm

I would trade Bowen for Morrison so fast you couldn't even think about blinking.

How people are comparing Adam to Bruce is just insanity. HAHA. What has CL come to?
PhiLJaCkSoN-10

Postby Kasumi on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:24 pm

I would LOVE to have Bruce on the Lakers, but I doubt it would happen...
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby trodgers on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:32 pm

missmyzte wrote:I would LOVE to have Bruce on the Lakers, but I doubt it would happen...

You probably watch him more than most. He has never really had much of an offensive game. The only thing he does well offensively is shoot the three (I can't believe he's sub 60% on FTs in his career). He's aging and Pop used him a lot less this year. What have you seen from him this year?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Larry14r on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:39 pm

I don't want Bowen anywhere near the Lakers because he's a jerk and a dirty player.
Larry14r

Postby Kasumi on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 pm

trodgers wrote:You probably watch him more than most. He has never really had much of an offensive game. The only thing he does well offensively is shoot the three (I can't believe he's sub 60% on FTs in his career). He's aging and Pop used him a lot less this year. What have you seen from him this year?

You're absolutely right. I would personally love to see Bowen on the team because he's a great person, an elite defender and has great veteran savvy (very intelligent player). However, with the addition of Ron Artest to the Lakers, I don't see a place for Bruce. Bowen did well for the Spurs because his only assignment was defense, any points he scored were bonus. Bowen can hit the corner 3, but that's all he can consistently do offensively. The Lakers now have a lock-down defender in Artest, who can also contribute offensively so it makes Bowen unnecessary for the Lakers.

So that's what I meant by 'would love to have him, not gonna happen'
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi

Postby OgLaker101 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:07 pm

The fact that the Spurs let him go says a lot. Its not like the guy was costing them any money
And when its all said and done, Kobe will be the greatest of all time.
OgLaker101

Postby Kasumi on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:13 pm

OgLaker101 wrote:The fact that the Spurs let him go says a lot. Its not like the guy was costing them any money

You're right, no players who leave the Spurs do well on other teams. I'm sure Turkoglu and Scola would agree completely.

... sorry, a little more on the sarcastic side :)

In all honesty, the Spurs are just too dang old. Bruce could definitely help out a team that needs his skill set, but it's not in San Antonio anymore.
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby deal on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 pm

Bruce was a good D player, he would have no role in LA.... pass....
deal

Postby Zheka on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 am

No need for him.
Zheka

Postby KB24 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:55 am

Sasha, Morrison and Luke....take your player Milwaukee.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby icencream27 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:47 am

KB24@CL wrote:Sasha, Morrison and Luke....take your player Milwaukee.

dont forget to add Sun Yue to that also

ONLY KINGS HAVE RINGS
icencream27

Postby Plot on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:26 am

He needs father time to remove that huge fork that's sticking out of his back. He started to look done when I saw that Kobe was barely bothered by his presence in the 07-08 playoffs. After seeing him last season, he's there.
Plot

Postby gcclaker on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:25 am

Bowen would benefit a squad for short minutes but that's about it. As long as he doesn't end up with THOSE GUYS...all's good.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:37 am

If Milwaukee would accept a Bowen for Morrison deal we have to do it purely for financial reasons. I'm sure that if you told him he wouldn't be much of a contributor on the team he'd accept the 2 million dollar buy out and sign for the minimum with either the Spurs or the Celtics (who you KNOW would go after him).

We'd save a TON of money by doing something like this. He makes more than Luke and the people here would LOVE to salary dump him. Morrison makes almost 5.3 million dollars per season, and remember, every dollar over the threshold doubles for Buss. Trading a contract that size for a two million dollar buy-out would be an absolutely incredible deal for the Lakers.

Morrison is going to be giving one more chance in this league after the Lakers. Hell, Darko still manages to find a team because of his "potential". Milwaukee trading RJ for dirt and their supposed interest in dealing Redd shows they are building more towards the future. Who knows, the Bucks might bite on it.

Considering the Odom will likely sign a deal of 8 million or so per, it's safe to assume that our spending will reach about the 84.7mil mark. Trading Morrison for a buy-out puts us right around 81.5mil. Seeing as every dollar is doubled, that's a savings of nearly 6.4mil. If we can swing a non-factor into a financial gain we have to do it, especially considering the Odom negotiations. I'm not sure of the exact savings a trade like this would generate, but I assure you it's enough to change our situation significantly for the better in no-time.

Unless my understanding of the CBA is false (which is possible because this legal stuff confuses me), I think this is a tremendous opportunity to improve our team.
Last edited by Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby SWOL on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:44 am

TRADE LIKE FOR NOWEN AND KURT THOMAS IF

AND ONLY IF
LAMAR LEAVES
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby lkrfn85 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:26 am

We could jsut wait for the bucks to buy him out then try to get him for the minimum...that way we can keep ammo for use in another trade if a team midseason is willing to give up a quality pg for an expiring (ammo) and farmar, so they can join the 2010 sweepstakes...that way we can have bowen and a pg
lkrfn85

Postby KB24 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:33 am

KB8 if we resign Odom we will be at around 93-95 mio. and with the tax hit we will have to pony up around 115-120 mio. in salaries...

what sucks is that our bench is sooo expensive...Odom is going to make almost 10 mio...the problem is all those mle type of contracts like sasha, morrison, luke, ...

they won't play a lot of minutes but they will cash in bigtime. Just imagine...we could have substituted Morrison for Ariza...that would have made us soooo much better...there you see how HUGE of a mistake can one MLE contract be.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby deal on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:46 am

we need to send Morrison out east for a couple of future 2nd rounders, asap
deal

Postby Larry14r on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:04 pm

deal wrote:we need to send Morrison out east for a couple of future 2nd rounders, asap

Yo can try, but teams might not agree to it.
Larry14r

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:11 pm

I wish we could do Morrison/ Sun and 1st for Ariza. Sadly, I don't think the Rockets would go for it. :bang:
LAKEROC

Postby vaylen on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:39 am

I'd trade Luke or Sasha for Bowen even if he's totally washed up. Both of those contracts are mistakes and it would be good to get an expiring in exchange for them. If Bowen can even occasionally show his old D, then that's just the cherry on the sundae.
vaylen

Postby Larry14r on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:17 am

vaylen wrote:I'd trade Luke or Sasha for Bowen even if he's totally washed up. Both of those contracts are mistakes and it would be good to get an expiring in exchange for them. If Bowen can even occasionally show his old D, then that's just the cherry on the sundae.

Well actually Luke is more of a mistake than Sasha because Luke's contract is longer, and also I don't want to see Bowen in a Laker uniform because I'll throw up if that happens.
Larry14r

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:58 am

^Bowen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luke.

Luke has 4 freakin years remaining on his contract...FOUR years, are you kidding me...

Sasha is pain in the butt too but he only has 2 years left...but FOUR...wow.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Larry14r on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:41 pm

KB24@CL wrote:^Bowen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luke.

Luke has 4 freakin years remaining on his contract...FOUR years, are you kidding me...

Sasha is pain in the butt too but he only has 2 years left...but FOUR...wow.

Expect in personally because I can't stand Bowen.
Larry14r

Postby Ed Guru on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:54 pm

At some point we have to look at chemistry too. I think Bowen is too far gone - his game dropped off markedly last season from the one before.. lateral motion gets soooo hard when you get older fellas (wince, massage knees, stand-up).
..with the sharpness..
Ed Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas