LakerFanIam

Re: Bynum / Ammo / and Farmar for Chris Bosh

Postby carbine23 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Hmm...Maybe,, Really, NO.
I need a sig, please help me :D
carbine23

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:18 pm

I don't like the trade he's too lanky and skinny we need meat and brute force. Bynum looks much stronger this season to me, he's cut and more aggressive. If he can stay healthy and get his hops back to where he was before the injury I think he'll be a huge playoff presence for us defensively. Guys simply cannot go through or around him easily at all. We'd need a big full time center if we traded Bynum.
BadCoaching

Postby DMK on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:35 pm

KB24@CL wrote:Image

+1

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:02 pm

No.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby jBL on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:10 pm

flexxdzl wrote:
Pimpeasy wrote:Hey I still think we can get it done with Baby Drew...but man...

Kobe -- SG / F
Gasol -- F/C
Artest F/G
Bosh F/C
Odom -- PG/F

Mcgrady being a free agent can sign outright for some change coming off the bench to back up Kobe...but even without T-MAC the starting 5 is so so DEF...

and for the record trade checker says this is legit:

Due to L.A. Lakers and Toronto being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and Toronto had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

First off ..Bosh is not that good ..second ...????????????? we are trading Bynum Y at this point? I started reading move of your post and realized you weren't serious ..when you put Odom at the Point ......u sir know not basket ball... :boxing1: :disagree:

After all, that line up works in the video game :man1:

Odom can stop Barbosa or TP9 if he wanted to on the defensive end.

But I don't see the reason to trade for Bosh right now. Let Morrison and Farmar expire and we save $5-7M per year that's going to be added to Bosh's maximum contract. Count the luxury tax in and we save so much.
jBL

Postby kray28 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:31 pm

There's a trade forum for asinine trade ideas, right?
kray28

Postby LakerFanIam on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm not sure if I'd even do Bynum for Bosh straight up.....

Kray, Am I to assume by your sig, that you're a Bucks Fan?????? :man1:
LakerFanIam

Postby KobeFoThree on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:00 pm

you kidding? i would do that in a second.
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby gcclaker on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:10 pm

I was just going to say "no" but since the OP really, really, really wants a rebuttal:

With Bosh instead of Bynum, it reduces the Lakers to a more perimeter oriented team other than Gasol along its frontline. Bosh is not really suited to play the 5 and I don't want to see Gasol spending time there either. Both men aren't capable of being the defensive presence in the paint like Bynum can be.

Getting rid of Farmar would deplete the Lakers of a second primary ballhandling guard. Fisher needs to have his minutes reduced and Brown though an athletic marvel is shaky in that role. Morrison? Right now, the coaching staff is more comfy with him even in spot minutes than The Tennis Ball Machine.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:28 pm

KB24@CL wrote:Image
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:58 pm

If we didn't have Pau already then yea maybe a trade for him would be good. But honestly if Bynum doesn't get a major injury again (which I have a feeling he will I hope I'm wrong..) then I think Bynum will be a big time center for years to come. He does have a ton of talent and is still working the slop and lazy part out of his game which is noticeably better this year. If he can stop dragging that leg around and get his hops back loooook out.
BadCoaching

Postby GG on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:01 pm

now you're just getting greedy.
GG

Postby knm131 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:46 am

It's not so much that the trade, on paper, and in and of itself is a bad trade.

It's just a dumb trade. Why make it? Why risk what we have?

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
knm131

Postby earvinfr on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:41 am

Bosh is 25. How good can Andrew be at this age ?
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby AztecaEmperor on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:57 pm

GREAT IDEA, THIS DEAL GOES THROUGH BIG TIME. PJ loves Bosh and I bet you Mr. Buss pulls the trigger in order to keep PJ happy. If they think they can win a championship with out PJ they are freakin NUTS. I love this post I can't wait to see Bynum gone because he has a bad attitude towards the teams concept and flow and plays like a unmotivated beeyash. Bosh can run the floor like a freak of nature, we need him in order to win the next three Championships. We will be the first team to 4peat since the celtics and Kobe will be declared the greatest player ever...........For all you Bosh haters you are a bunch of dorks that can't see a dud of a player like Bynum if he sat on your face and farted. Bynum=Lazy, Farmer=Crybaby, Ammo=Garbage. Bosh=4peat. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Besides, Bynum might break his knees again.
Last edited by AztecaEmperor on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AztecaEmperor

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:02 pm

I would love love love this. Agreed -- Drew can be a beast, is only 22, has good post moves and is getting better, can be a great shot blocker when he moves his feet and gets his hops back -- BUT BUT BUT he is lazy, has an attitude, doesn't seem motivated, and doesn't seem passionate about winning (like a ho hum who cares attitude).

Bosh is super athletic (can guard quicker PFs like KG, Dirk, West, Sheed, Lewis, Amare, Aldridge etc. -- probably better that Gasol can), can adequately guard some SFs and is versatile like LO, can give spot minutes on guys like Perkins, Duncan, Howard, Shaq, etc. (at least as well as Odum, Benga, and Powell). He has a great mid-range, which would really help Kobe and Gasol, and is very fast (to get out on breaks and back on D).

Most importantly, he is young, hungry, and passionate about competing. With him, Gasol, LO, and Artest, the Lakers could match up with any team's front court and have mis-matches all over the place with great depth. He can still bulk up and add a few pounds, esp working with Kobe long term (look at Gasol, Shannon, LO, etc. -- all in better shape this year following Kobe and Artest).

Bosh would have to be extended at near Gasol's money, and Kobe would HAVE TO TAKE LESS -- about 20 mil per instead of 24 mil, and Bosh would have to accept not being a max player

But that is a no-brainer if Toronto thinks Bosh will not re-sign and is looking for the best it can get.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Pimpeasy on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:59 pm

all this recent Bosh talk is old news to me...I said awhile back Lakers needed to do this...and I stand by that assessment...Bynum will never be a reliable go to guy...
A dialog captured between real cav fans…

Cavs Fan 11: “I'm posting on my Iphone from the 480 Bridge......anyone have any good news?”
Cavs Fan 23: “The Lakers aren't losing Odom and Artest is way better than Ariza.”
Cavs Fan11: “alright, I'm jumping. Good luck next summer”
Pimpeasy

Postby TT24 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:43 pm

^ He was against the Bobcats last year and the Rockets a couple of games ago. Of course having Kobe on the court and Lamar beasting helped.
TT24

Postby DMK on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Hmm.... Bynum did say his goal was to make the all star team this season.

That goal kind of got flushed when he went into ghost mode.

Not sure its enough of a plus to trade for bosh if we dont get Bosh + jack or jose in return

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby jellyroll49 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 pm

DMK wrote:Hmm.... Bynum did say his goal was to make the all star team this season.

That goal kind of got flushed when he went into ghost mode.

Not sure its enough of a plus to trade for bosh if we dont get Bosh + jack or jose in return

i think i got the remedy. a 4 team trade is a stretch but i dont think this is completely delusional:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=yl8mssq
"It's not even close," says one Western Conference scout. "The difference between Kobe and LeBron is like [the one between] a Maserati and a Volvo."

:pipe: = bud enhanced post
jellyroll49

Postby GNC on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm

interesting how you suggested this a few months ago, and now the media is talking about it.
GNC

Postby rock0100 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:58 pm

GNC wrote:interesting how you suggested this a few months ago, and now the media is talking about it.

That's because it makes so much sense. Good call by the original poster. :jam2:
rock0100

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas