Bynum / Ammo / and Farmar for Chris Bosh

Bynum / Ammo / and Farmar for Chris Bosh

Postby Pimpeasy on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:15 am

Hey I still think we can get it done with Baby Drew...but man...

Kobe -- SG / F
Gasol -- F/C
Artest F/G
Bosh F/C
Odom -- PG/F

Mcgrady being a free agent can sign outright for some change coming off the bench to back up Kobe...but even without T-MAC the starting 5 is so so DEF...

and for the record trade checker says this is legit:

Due to L.A. Lakers and Toronto being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and Toronto had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
A dialog captured between real cav fans…

Cavs Fan 11: “I'm posting on my Iphone from the 480 Bridge......anyone have any good news?”
Cavs Fan 23: “The Lakers aren't losing Odom and Artest is way better than Ariza.”
Cavs Fan11: “alright, I'm jumping. Good luck next summer”
Pimpeasy

Re: Bynum / Ammo / and Farmar for Chris Bosh

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:30 am

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Venomenon on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:35 am

HELL NO
Venomenon

Postby 100%effort on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:43 am

Just say no.
100%effort

Postby Barnstable on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:07 am

Why?

How is that a trade worth making?
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby MadMax on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:23 am

wtf...no.
MadMax

Postby noobiew on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:31 am

WOW, a bad trade idea !

Hell no from the Lakers perspective.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Herm24 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:33 am

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! u retard
Herm24

Postby Pimpeasy on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:51 am

KB24@CL wrote:Image

It appears most people are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing but I see no legit reason why not...There's a good possibility Farmar won't be resigned anyway...Ammo is unproven and I can say more likely than not that he won't be back after this season regardless...So basically it ends up being a trade straight up (if you will) Bynum for Bosh...(Bosh at 27ppg) and Basically Bosh wins that battle on offense and defense...he simply does everything better than Bynum...a true bonafide all-star and leader and he's not day to day injury prone like Bynum....

I can just envision Gasol and Bosh in the post together a thing of pure and sheer beauty it would be.... :ball6:

even though times have changed I'm sure Phil still feels this way after his 2005 comment:

"Well ... the players that were franchise-changing players you know re-signed up or re-upped with their organizations. There are some that will be available in the year following that you obviously have to take a look at, and this kid here is one of them. Chris Bosh, obviously everybody's going to be interested in and we think he's become quite a talent." -- Phil Jackson

Cavs Fan 11: “I'm posting on my Iphone from the 480 Bridge......anyone have any good news?”
Cavs Fan 23: “The Lakers aren't losing Odom and Artest is way better than Ariza.”
Pimpeasy

Postby TT24 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:02 am

Why should we trade the best center in the west, and a Top 5 center in the league, who also just turned 22 for a 25/26 year old who isn't even the top player of his position. NO! Drew still has upside. This would be a foolish trade for the Lakers to make. Let's be real here, which tandem do you think teams rather go up against? Pau/Drew or Bosh/Pau? Chis is averaging 27 ppg because he's the number one option. We've seen that Drew can drop 20+ as a number 2! No thanks. We need Drew's big body. As great as Pau has been for us at the center position, I rather him at the PF spot. So no thank you.
TT24

Postby trodgers on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:12 am

What would be the PLUS to this? We know Bynum and Pau work incredibly well together. Both on offense and on defense. Why would we trade to get Bosh? He's a better scorer, but that's it.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby MadMax on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:16 am

MadMax

Postby TT24 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 am

^ LOL
TT24

Postby Tragic on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:20 am

nein, no, etc...
Tragic

Postby Pimpeasy on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:28 am

TT24 wrote:Why should we trade the best center in the west, and a Top 5 center in the league, who also just turned 22 for a 25/26 year old who isn't even the top player of his position. NO! Drew still has upside. This would be a foolish trade for the Lakers to make. Let's be real here, which tandem do you think teams rather go up against? Pau/Drew or Bosh/Pau? Chis is averaging 27 ppg because he's the number one option. We've seen that Drew can drop 20+ as a number 2! No thanks. We need Drew's big body. As great as Pau has been for us at the center position, I rather him at the PF spot. So no thank you.

that's the kind of rebuttal I like seeing ...thanks....I like Drew don't get me wrong...Drew is a wide body but is he really a tougher cover? Bosh seems to get dismissed because he's in Toronto but he's flat out a smarter and better player than Bynum despite Bynum's upside which should (to be honest) be tempered by his injury proneness (if you will)and lack of BBALL IQ....I'd prefer Gasol and Bosh as it seems it could be a more effective and Consistent Duo over the next 3-4 years...

Pimpeasy

Postby flea_lakers on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:32 am

Pimpeasy wrote:Hey I still think we can get it done with Baby Drew...but man...

Kobe -- SG / F
Gasol -- F/C
Artest F/G
Bosh F/C
Odom -- PG/F

Wrong forum, wrong idea. Too many "F" in the mix.
flea_lakers

Postby MadMax on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:37 am

MadMax

Postby flexxdzl on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 am

Pimpeasy wrote:Hey I still think we can get it done with Baby Drew...but man...

Kobe -- SG / F
Gasol -- F/C
Artest F/G
Bosh F/C
Odom -- PG/F

Mcgrady being a free agent can sign outright for some change coming off the bench to back up Kobe...but even without T-MAC the starting 5 is so so DEF...

and for the record trade checker says this is legit:

Due to L.A. Lakers and Toronto being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and Toronto had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

First off ..Bosh is not that good ..second ...????????????? we are trading Bynum Y at this point? I started reading move of your post and realized you weren't serious ..when you put Odom at the Point ......u sir know not basket ball... :boxing1: :disagree:
flexxdzl

Postby TT24 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:01 am

Pimpeasy wrote:
TT24 wrote:Why should we trade the best center in the west, and a Top 5 center in the league, who also just turned 22 for a 25/26 year old who isn't even the top player of his position. NO! Drew still has upside. This would be a foolish trade for the Lakers to make. Let's be real here, which tandem do you think teams rather go up against? Pau/Drew or Bosh/Pau? Chis is averaging 27 ppg because he's the number one option. We've seen that Drew can drop 20+ as a number 2! No thanks. We need Drew's big body. As great as Pau has been for us at the center position, I rather him at the PF spot. So no thank you.

that's the kind of rebuttal I like seeing ...thanks....I like Drew don't get me wrong...Drew is a wide body but is he really a tougher cover? Bosh seems to get dismissed because he's in Toronto but he's flat out a smarter and better player than Bynum despite Bynum's upside which should (to be honest) be tempered by his injury proneness (if you will)and lack of BBALL IQ....I'd prefer Gasol and Bosh as it seems it could be a more effective and Consistent Duo over the next 3-4 years...

Bosh gets dismissed because he's not as great as the guys that came out of the same draft. We have one of the best young centers in the league and LA is not trading. At this point, we need a PG.
TT24

Postby ThizGuy83 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:12 am

ummmmm nah thats ok....
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Mastermixer8 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:34 am

Honestly we would be trading for a better player in Bosh.

But c'mon, who are you trying to convince? It's not like if we all agree that its a good trade it will get done.
Mastermixer8

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:16 am

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] no.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby desertlakerfan on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:46 am

Needed a good laugh this morning thanks OP
desertlakerfan

Postby Helljumper on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:54 am

Bosh is a younger version of Pau Gasol who is more athletic but slightly less talented. He's not the defensive anchor and physical presence that Drew can be.
Helljumper

Postby LakerFanIam on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:10 pm

NO.
LakerFanIam

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas