Bynum

Postby Flatlyner on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:00 am

All I saw was inexperience with LOADS of potential from a young Kobe. What I see from Bynum is Euro tendences. I think he is too soft and has awful footwork for a big man.

Also, as I mentioned before, the other high school center that was drafted in the same draft (second round), Blatche, is much further along then Drew. Why is that if he is destined to be so great? Do you think Blatche as a legendary center coaching him like Drew has in Kareem. No he does not. He DOES have naturally good footwork and leaping ability, something Bynum lacks.

Believe me when I say I hope he becomes great. Also, believe me when I say I don't see it happening. Sure its possible, I just don't think its likely.
Flatlyner

Postby Barnstable on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:41 pm

Flatlyner wrote:All I saw was inexperience with LOADS of potential from a young Kobe. What I see from Bynum is Euro tendences. I think he is too soft and has awful footwork for a big man.

Also, as I mentioned before, the other high school center that was drafted in the same draft (second round), Blatche, is much further along then Drew. Why is that if he is destined to be so great? Do you think Blatche as a legendary center coaching him like Drew has in Kareem. No he does not. He DOES have naturally good footwork and leaping ability, something Bynum lacks.

Believe me when I say I hope he becomes great. Also, believe me when I say I don't see it happening. Sure its possible, I just don't think its likely.

The negatives you give for Bynum are subjective, and only glaring if you want to concentrate on the negatives. Some said Kobe was a ball hog, imature, takes shots out of rhythem......bla, bla, bla. Beeing that Bynum hardly played last year, unless you've been at Lakers Practices you realy haven't seen enough to be a good judge of his talent. Everyone who has seen him consistantly says they think he has everything needed to develop into an all star. AND THERE JOB IS KNOWING PLAYERS POTENTIAL!!! (Not counting Mitch :mhihi: )
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby ObiWanKobe on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:43 pm

only seen this thread 19 times in the last month and a half
ObiWanKobe

Postby lilk1d777 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:18 pm

Why would one of the top 50 greatest players waste his time trying to develop a bigman if he is slow has no footwork etc..... think about what ur talking about if all your going to do is dogg on bynum. obviously he hasnt played in enough real time game situations for us to see how he will develop. at a age where he is at what you should be looking for is motivation and improvement, which most good players have i.e. kobe, jO, CP3, etc. improvement takes time and a relentless drive to push yourself. dont you watch kobe commercials? LOL
lilk1d777

Postby Satan on Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:22 pm

lilk1d777 wrote:Why would one of the top 50 greatest players waste his time trying to develop a bigman if he is slow has no footwork etc..... think about what ur talking about if all your going to do is dogg on bynum. obviously he hasnt played in enough real time game situations for us to see how he will develop. at a age where he is at what you should be looking for is motivation and improvement, which most good players have i.e. kobe, jO, CP3, etc. improvement takes time and a relentless drive to push yourself. dont you watch kobe commercials? LOL

You've been waiting two years to make that post and I hate to shoot it down but Kareem has other motives besides seeing Bynum succeed. First, I'm sure he's getting paid. Second, he wants to get into coaching in the NBA in a bad way, this is an opportunity to do so.

Not that I'm knocking Bynum. I haven't seen much of him and what I have gives me the opinion that he won't be a bust or an All-Star.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby echo nation on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:49 pm

how many times can the same trhing be repeated in differetn words?

o wait

thats a repeat statement too
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby TIME on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:25 pm

Satan wrote:
You've been waiting two years to make that post and I hate to shoot it down but Kareem has other motives besides seeing Bynum succeed. First, I'm sure he's getting paid. Second, he wants to get into coaching in the NBA in a bad way, this is an opportunity to do so.

Do you remember any of Kareem's comments about Bynum? Do you want to imply that his "other motives" led him to speak glowingly about him?
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Satan on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:48 am

TIME wrote:
Satan wrote:

Do you remember any of Kareem's comments about Bynum? Do you want to imply that his "other motives" led him to speak glowingly about him?

I'm not implying anything. The post I was responding to included a question, why would one of the 50 greatest players ever waste his time training Bynum , or something along those lines. I gave other possible answers. Do you feel they're invalid? I'm not knocking the Captain, he's one of my favorite Lakers ever.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby TIME on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:49 pm

Satan wrote:
TIME wrote:
Satan wrote:

I'm not implying anything. The post I was responding to included a question, why would one of the 50 greatest players ever waste his time training Bynum , or something along those lines. I gave other possible answers. Do you feel they're invalid? I'm not knocking the Captain, he's one of my favorite Lakers ever.

I was not trying to start anything with you. I probably misunderstood your wording. I do remember Kareem has commented on Bynum's potential and progress and he seemed to like what he saw.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby dogster on Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:01 pm

J.C. Smith wrote:How many times do people need to start the same threads without addnig a single new thing to the old discussions?

Facts:

- When Bynum matures and strengthens up he will be one of the biggest men in the NBA.
- Bynum was the most athletic center in pre-draft camps. (This is a fact, so please stop the he looks slow and unathletic comments, they are bogus)
- Bynum is an 18 year old kid. He hasn't yet learned to use his body.
- Bynum still has a long way to go conditioning wise.
- Bynum has natural shot blocking abilitiy. He was one of the NBA's best block per minute guys his rookie season.
- The kid only played two years of high school basketball, and was injured for much of his senior year. The kid has very little NBA experience, and a season and a half of Summer Pro League experience. He is very raw.

Anyone who can look at Bynum now and say that he will be nothing... just go to sleep. Your analysis of a raw kid at this stage is worthless. He is a very talented young kid, best case scenario he could be an all-star, worse case scenario he is a big body who can block shots. Would I trade him? Sure if it was for the right player. But don't be so quick do discount this young kid as a bust. IMO he has shown good progress from last year to this, and I expect him to get better as he bulks up and learns how to use his body.

I agree with everything you said. But how many more times do people have to write what you are writing? It's deja vu all over again.
dogster

Postby 8ebok on Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:52 pm

Exactly. Bynum will be the real deal in a bit.
#24-kobe bryant? Whatever...
8ebok

Postby Warriors&Lakers on Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:46 pm

8ebok wrote:1 SUMMER LEAGUE game is not enough to get rid of him, he has natural talent, and given time he can develop, even the greatest players take a little while to develop (kobe bryant) So I don't think trading him would be wise.

remember when kobe missed all those shots in his first season. it jus takes time.
Warriors&Lakers

Postby 81Kobe on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:11 pm

Bynum is one of the Lakers best recent draft choices. The kid, and I do mean kid, has enormous potential.

I, too, would be willing to trade him for the right price, but I also like having someone developing in the system. If Mihm doesn't hang around, next year will be his break-out year.
81Kobe

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas