Carlos Boozer

Postby killakobe on Mon May 02, 2005 9:13 pm

i think caron should stay in L.A cus he has stepped up in the last months. kobe and caron relationship is growing.
killakobe

Postby bigsleepy on Tue May 03, 2005 5:30 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:I found something really interesting pertaining to the Boozer trade hype at the trading deadline.
LA Times:Remember that absurd Carlos Boozer-for-Caron Butler, Devean George and Vlade Divac trade "rumor" over the All-Star break? It looks as though it may have originated with the Boozer camp. On top of Boozer's struggles and those of the team, Jazz owner Larry Miller acknowledged that Boozer's wife, CeCe, didn't like Salt Lake City. "She was concerned about how she felt they had been received, welcomed in the community," said Miller, "but she has since said, unsolicited, that they've settled in and she's glad they're here." There were concerns CeCe's husband wasn't crazy about the place, either. On Feb. 10, Miller publicly questioned Boozer's effort and toughness. On Feb. 14, Boozer went out for the season because of a foot injury. On April 21, the day after the season ended, Boozer said he was sound again. Nevertheless, Miller says all is forgiven. "I don't have any regrets about him at all," he said. "From today's viewpoint, I would say clearly he will be here at least through the term of his contract."

I saw that too.. good find Vas.

Now won't you all please let it go???
"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby JbOi112 on Tue May 03, 2005 7:31 pm

bigsleepy wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:I found something really interesting pertaining to the Boozer trade hype at the trading deadline.
LA Times:Remember that absurd Carlos Boozer-for-Caron Butler, Devean George and Vlade Divac trade "rumor" over the All-Star break? It looks as though it may have originated with the Boozer camp. On top of Boozer's struggles and those of the team, Jazz owner Larry Miller acknowledged that Boozer's wife, CeCe, didn't like Salt Lake City. "She was concerned about how she felt they had been received, welcomed in the community," said Miller, "but she has since said, unsolicited, that they've settled in and she's glad they're here." There were concerns CeCe's husband wasn't crazy about the place, either. On Feb. 10, Miller publicly questioned Boozer's effort and toughness. On Feb. 14, Boozer went out for the season because of a foot injury. On April 21, the day after the season ended, Boozer said he was sound again. Nevertheless, Miller says all is forgiven. "I don't have any regrets about him at all," he said. "From today's viewpoint, I would say clearly he will be here at least through the term of his contract."

I saw that too.. good find Vas.

Now won't you all please let it go???

not quite... Larry Miller has said similar comments to those regarding Boozer many times before, yet when Boozer is asked about it, do you get the same response? NO

I barely come here that often because of school, but I do remember emplay even reporting that while Miller insists that Boozer and the UTAH org are all swell and fine, Boozer seems to express otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
..:: J to tha R ::..
RIP Ryan "Franchise" (March 17, 1987 – May 13, 2006) Fight On!
Madd props to hoopskillz for tha sig & avatar!
JbOi112

Postby bigsleepy on Wed May 04, 2005 11:46 am

JbOi112 wrote:I barely come here that often because of school, but I do remember emplay even reporting that while Miller insists that Boozer and the UTAH org are all swell and fine, Boozer seems to express otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with you that there is bad blood between Carlos Boozer and Larry Miller (and maybe even Jerry Sloan). That is probably why Boozer's camp floated the trade to LAL rumor.

That does not indicate in any way that the Jazz will actually pull the trigger.
"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby James083 on Thu May 05, 2005 11:14 am

True but as an organization you have to ask yourself if a player who is not fully dedicated to playing for your franchise really an asset or liablity?

My answer is liablity and eventually he is sent packing for something I can get in return. A Caron butler finshing year out strong and loads of potential is not a shabby pick up and cap space is always a plus. The fact is he has become a liablity to my orgnaization and the best offer on the table gets it done. Granted this might not be in LA but Boozer has shown to be stubborn and might not report if he doesnt like the deal.
My Heart consumes all challanges in my path.
James083

Postby Kingsama on Thu May 05, 2005 11:47 am

Another thing to think about is the soph Kris Humphries who looks like he could easily develop into a boozer esc player and has a much cheaper contract. Whether booz is in LA next year i dont know, but i would bet on him not being in Utah.
Kingsama

Postby eNlight on Thu May 05, 2005 7:58 pm

was their only one source about this rumor?
eNlight

Postby echo nation on Fri May 06, 2005 1:53 am

does anyone else think that boozer was kind of a bust at his price?
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby KB24 on Fri May 06, 2005 5:22 am

echo nation wrote:does anyone else think that boozer was kind of a bust at his price?
He is overpaid for sure BUT if the Lakers can get him we should do it in a heartbeat. Boozer is a top 10 PF in the league and we need a big body desperately.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby abeer3 on Fri May 06, 2005 8:14 am

echo nation wrote:does anyone else think that boozer was kind of a bust at his price?

considering that utah is a small market team, they could have probably spent more wisely. but the lakers need talent so badly that they are willing to overpay.
abeer3

Postby trodgers on Fri May 06, 2005 3:32 pm

abeer3 wrote:

considering that utah is a small market team, they could have probably spent more wisely. but the lakers need talent so badly that they are willing to overpay.

I don't think he's overpriced (relative to his sport). He's 18, 9, and almost 3 assists at 52% shooting and can at least hold his own defensively. If there is a way to get him at 4, with Odom at 3, Kobe at 2, we can get by with Mihm and a rookie PG. It's a playoff team. I really like Boozer's game.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Guest on Fri May 06, 2005 10:47 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
abeer3 wrote:

I don't think he's overpriced (relative to his sport). He's 18, 9, and almost 3 assists at 52% shooting and can at least hold his own defensively. If there is a way to get him at 4, with Odom at 3, Kobe at 2, we can get by with Mihm and a rookie PG. It's a playoff team. I really like Boozer's game.

I agree with you that we should try to get him for Butler...if he was not motivated and he put up 18 and 9, what is he going to do if he is playing for a team that he wants to play for

Postby eNlight on Sun May 08, 2005 4:26 pm

how come we can't trade brian grant? :mhihi:
eNlight

Postby Guest on Sun May 08, 2005 5:17 pm

500 years old, can't get off the Groud, - you think someone will get a Old-fart like that? atleast Vlade does something with his Old age.

Brain Grant doesn't do worth a crap. all he does is sit on the bench drink Gatorade and get 15M. hell let me bring my Granny to do the same.

Postby EQualizer on Sun May 08, 2005 5:58 pm

grant has to cut his hair, i mean that mass of keratin on his head must weigh like 500 pounds, its no wonders his knees are suffering
EQualizer

Postby echo nation on Mon May 09, 2005 12:43 am

lakers cant make the same mistake the knicks make and overpay a player because we supposedly need them

i like boozer, but between his salary and the way he left Cleveland, im not exactly excited
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby KB24 on Mon May 09, 2005 12:58 am

echo nation wrote:lakers cant make the same mistake the knicks make and overpay a player because we supposedly need them

i like boozer, but between his salary and the way he left Cleveland, im not exactly excited
He might be slightly overpaid but he is a 18/11/4 player :man7: He is worth his money more or less, how could you NOT be excited with one of the 10 best PFs on earth.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby echo nation on Mon May 09, 2005 5:23 pm

because over paying him while tempting, is hardly exciting
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby trodgers on Mon May 09, 2005 5:40 pm

echo nation wrote:because over paying him while tempting, is hardly exciting

How much do you think is too much for him? Here's a list of some salaries from hoopshype:

Mutombo 18.8M
Allen Houston 17.5
C Webber 17.5
Penny 14.6
Abdur-Rahim 14.6
Grant Hill 14.5
Spree 14.6
Van Horn 14.5
Jalen Rose 14.5
Eddie Jones 13.5
B Grant 13.2
Boozer 10.9
Odom 10.5

I think that everyone on that list is overpaid...but if you look at basketball as a whole, I think that Boozer is getting paid the appropriate amount, relative to the sport. He should be making right about the same amount as Odom, I think. He can play PF a little better, scores a bit more, can rebound about the same, shoots a slightly higher %, but isn't as quick and doesn't have the handles. I'd pay him 10.9 no problem.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby DMK on Mon May 09, 2005 5:57 pm

i like option #4 myself :man12:

A lineup of

?Kobe/Lamar/Boozer/Mihm could be very nice to watch.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby SOAD on Mon May 09, 2005 5:59 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
echo nation wrote:because over paying him while tempting, is hardly exciting

How much do you think is too much for him? Here's a list of some salaries from hoopshype:

Mutombo 18.8M
Allen Houston 17.5
C Webber 17.5
Penny 14.6
Abdur-Rahim 14.6
Grant Hill 14.5
Spree 14.6
Van Horn 14.5
Jalen Rose 14.5
Eddie Jones 13.5
B Grant 13.2
Boozer 10.9
Odom 10.5

I think that everyone on that list is overpaid...but if you look at basketball as a whole, I think that Boozer is getting paid the appropriate amount, relative to the sport. He should be making right about the same amount as Odom, I think. He can play PF a little better, scores a bit more, can rebound about the same, shoots a slightly higher %, but isn't as quick and doesn't have the handles. I'd pay him 10.9 no problem.

:bow:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Coville on Mon May 09, 2005 6:25 pm

Boozer is a 18/10/3.5 and shoots .550

he is a good player and can pass the ball. good for the triangle, he can shoot, has good power, clogs the lane.

----------
bryant
odom
boozer
mihm

solid defensivly i mean the 3-4-5 spot if they play a 35 minute game can pull down 10 rpg.

good rebounding team, much more solid inside, fill in a with a solid defensive point guard we could be a 50 win team
Coville

Postby echo nation on Mon May 09, 2005 11:37 pm

since when does pointing out other overpaid players to justify over playing a player?

im not knocking his game... just saying we'd be overpaying
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby KB24 on Tue May 10, 2005 12:10 am

echo nation wrote:since when does pointing out other overpaid players to justify over playing a player?

If you think any franchise is going to offer us an underrated/underpaid young all-star PF then good luck with that. :patriot: :pipe: :wave: :wave:

We are in a situation where we have to take contracts that are not the best.Boozer IS worth 8-10 mio.$$$ and I can live with overpaying him 1-2 mio

KB24
Site Admin

Postby James083 on Tue May 10, 2005 6:34 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:
echo nation wrote:since when does pointing out other overpaid players to justify over playing a player?

If you think any franchise is going to offer us an underrated/underpaid young all-star PF then good luck with that. :patriot: :pipe: :wave: :wave:

We are in a situation where we have to take contracts that are not the best.Boozer IS worth 8-10 mio.$$$ and I can live with overpaying him 1-2 mio

I agree and as good as butler might be i would trade him in a heart beat b/c better sg options on our table..Odom...Possibly Artest etc... The more I look at it he is expendable and a good trade asset to make this team better by addressing holes and better options at his position. If he had stopper D i would maybe keep him over odom b/c you might get real value for odom but at this point without him being a better defensivly there are just better options out there for us.
My Heart consumes all challanges in my path.
James083

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas