Carlos Boozer

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:13 pm

Boozer is a good player but he is not the type of player that can help us to win a championship. If we trade for him we will be out of the free agent market for a long time. Carlos Boozer is undersized and a defensive liability at the 4 spot.
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby trodgers on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:40 pm

Anthracit3 wrote:Boozer is a good player but he is not the type of player that can help us to win a championship. If we trade for him we will be out of the free agent market for a long time. Carlos Boozer is undersized and a defensive liability at the 4 spot.


Oh, come on. You've got to back up your claims...I've posted his numbers elsewhere. They show that he is no liability. Check 82games.com for a summary of his performance. He is a decent defender and a well above average offensive player. Kobe-Odom-Boozer at the 2-4 would be about as good as it gets in the NBA. It would certainly be a great middle of the lineup from which we can build a championship team. Hypothetically, we draft a PG who becomes a longterm starter and use Grant's contract to get us a C and we're set at every spot...The Boozer trade, should it happen, would be great for the franchise.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:45 pm

echo nation wrote:lakers cant make the same mistake the knicks make and overpay a player because we supposedly need them

i like boozer, but between his salary and the way he left Cleveland, im not exactly excited


WOW dude your back...thats probably the longest absence in CL history :jam2:
Image
User avatar
shaqpak34

 
Posts: 5496
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:22 am
Location: Irvine

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:48 pm

Boozer cant guard Tim Duncan or KG. The road to the finals run through the Spurs.
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:51 pm

Anthracit3 wrote:Boozer cant guard Tim Duncan or KG. The road to the finals run through the Spurs.

Ok, that might be true, but then name an alternative. Who out there can guard KG and Tim, that is available in a realistic trade?

Boozer can rebound, play defense, score, and can play well in the post. Sounds good to me, better than anything else we have or could get this summer, in terms of big men.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93988
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Guest on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:51 pm

Anthracit3 wrote:Boozer cant guard Tim Duncan or KG. The road to the finals run through the Spurs.


:man10:
Guest

 

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:55 pm

wingnut wrote:
Anthracit3 wrote:Boozer cant guard Tim Duncan or KG. The road to the finals run through the Spurs.


:man10:


What is there too laugh about my post? Spurs?
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:58 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Anthracit3 wrote:Boozer cant guard Tim Duncan or KG. The road to the finals run through the Spurs.

Ok, that might be true, but then name an alternative. Who out there can guard KG and Tim, that is available in a realistic trade?

Boozer can rebound, play defense, score, and can play well in the post. Sounds good to me, better than anything else we have or could get this summer, in terms of big men.

We do not need another scorer. We need a scrappy defender that would piss the hell out of people ie. Rodman. I would like to see fortson as a laker.
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:01 pm

The Lakers payroll is currently at 61 mil. With the contracts of Boozer, Kobe, and Odom in 07-08 will be 53 mil. on three players. That is after the grant contract.
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:12 pm

Check RealGm.com under trade checker and fill out the scenario butler for boozer then reply to this.
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:15 pm

Trade ID 2405499.
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby trodgers on Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:48 pm

Anthracit3 wrote:Check RealGm.com under trade checker and fill out the scenario butler for boozer then reply to this.

You're threads and months behind. Go back and read some of the posts on here, man. This has all been discussed before. I'm sure most of us are sick of seeing it (both those opposed to the trade and those supporting it).
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby trodgers on Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:56 pm

Anthracit3 wrote:Trade ID 2405499.

Why would the Wolves give up KG? Butler can't play D, Chucky is the worst starting PG in the league...it's not a scenario that makes any sense.

Here are some trades for you:

2405558
2405561
2405564

Yay! We're the new champions.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby High IQ on Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:01 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
Anthracit3 wrote:Trade ID 2405499.

Why would the Wolves give up KG? Butler can't play D, Chucky is the worst starting PG in the league...it's not a scenario that makes any sense.

Here are some trades for you:

2405558
2405561
2405564

Yay! We're the new champions.

what the? :man10: chucky for Lebron? JJ Bobbit and Cook for Wade? :man10: Butler for AmarE? :man10: :man10:
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby DMK on Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:27 pm

Until some REAL stories start floating around, ima peace out from this forum.
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18884
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby trodgers on Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:04 pm

High IQ wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
Anthracit3 wrote:Trade ID 2405499.

Why would the Wolves give up KG? Butler can't play D, Chucky is the worst starting PG in the league...it's not a scenario that makes any sense.

Here are some trades for you:

2405558
2405561
2405564

Yay! We're the new champions.

what the? :man10: chucky for Lebron? JJ Bobbit and Cook for Wade? :man10: Butler for AmarE? :man10: :man10:


Almost as realistic as us getting KG was my point...
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:46 pm

DMK wrote:Until some REAL stories start floating around, ima peace out from this forum.



What took you so long ? :man10:
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31783
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:34 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
Anthracit3 wrote:Trade ID 2405499.

Why would the Wolves give up KG? Butler can't play D, Chucky is the worst starting PG in the league...it's not a scenario that makes any sense.

Here are some trades for you:

2405558
2405561
2405564

Yay! We're the new champions.

KG supposedly wants a trade. Sorry to burst your bubble but GM's that are not high on crack like yourself would not trade those players.
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby DMK on Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:24 pm

John3:16 wrote:
DMK wrote:Until some REAL stories start floating around, ima peace out from this forum.



What took you so long ? :man10:


Hope, hope my dear brotha....

Hope of coming to the forum with a 14 page topic about the newest trade....

Instead im tortured with 9 pages of kobe riding a jetski and about 14 topics with Dwade in the subject header :man10: :man10:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18884
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:41 pm

DMK wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
DMK wrote:Until some REAL stories start floating around, ima peace out from this forum.



What took you so long ? :man10:


Hope, hope my dear brotha....

Hope of coming to the forum with a 14 page topic about the newest trade....

Instead im tortured with 9 pages of kobe riding a jetski and about 14 topics with Dwade in the subject header :man10: :man10:



I feel ya on that one. I look for threads started by Emplay. If not him and "Rumor" or "trade" related I take a quick look (Garnett for Atkins? WOW!!!!! :man10: :man10: :man10: And then I move on.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31783
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Postby DMK on Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:57 pm

John3:16 wrote:
DMK wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
DMK wrote:Until some REAL stories start floating around, ima peace out from this forum.



What took you so long ? :man10:


Hope, hope my dear brotha....

Hope of coming to the forum with a 14 page topic about the newest trade....

Instead im tortured with 9 pages of kobe riding a jetski and about 14 topics with Dwade in the subject header :man10: :man10:



I feel ya on that one. I look for threads started by Emplay. If not him and "Rumor" or "trade" related I take a quick look (Garnett for Atkins? WOW!!!!! :man10: :man10: :man10: And then I move on.


:man10: Yea, i find myself just skimming through topics that i already know wont hold much water, just for the simple fact im bored. But then the crap starts getting deep and i have to move on :man10:

But i guess thats the fun part of coming here, never know whats gonna happen.
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18884
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby MasterRaider on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:59 am

Getting Boozer would be a mistake for reasons already mentioned.

Fact is, Boozer is not good enough at PF to make us a contender. People just want SO BADLY for the bleeding to stop, that they'll SETTLE for ANY decent player no matter how overpaid he is. Just for some temporary releif of fielding a better team NEXT season, with no regard to how it will effect the franchise in the long run. If we take Boozer now, we'll likely find a better bigman in a couple years (and yes, there ARE others available), and Boozer will sit on the bench making $12 million (a la Elden Campbell). Then all these fans who wanted him in the first place, will blame Kupchak and call him an "idiot" for doing something they lobbied so hard for. :man7:
MasterRaider

 
Posts: 3084
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:51 pm

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:17 am

MasterRaider wrote:and yes, there ARE others available

Then list them out. I am so tired of people saying that there are better options out there, but when the refuse to name any names. The league isn't what it once was, the big man crop is running dry.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93988
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby MasterRaider on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:30 am

jsm0331 wrote:
MasterRaider wrote:and yes, there ARE others available

Then list them out. I am so tired of people saying that there are better options out there, but when the refuse to name any names. The league isn't what it once was, the big man crop is running dry.


I have like 500 times already. Gadzuric is available this year (and more plausible). Chandler is available in exactly 1 year. People, for whatever reason, have so blindly commited themselves to the Boozer plan, they will let no amount of reason or logic is allow them to see other options. They will just deny it's possibility. Ridiculous.
MasterRaider

 
Posts: 3084
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:51 pm

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:36 am

MasterRaider wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
MasterRaider wrote:and yes, there ARE others available

Then list them out. I am so tired of people saying that there are better options out there, but when the refuse to name any names. The league isn't what it once was, the big man crop is running dry.


I have like 500 times already. Gadzuric is available this year (and more plausible). Chandler is available in exactly 1 year. People, for whatever reason, have so blindly commited themselves to the Boozer plan, they will let no amount of reason or logic is allow them to see other options. They will just deny it's possibility. Ridiculous.

Ok, I can see waiting a year for Chandler, IF we had some type of assurance that he will leave the money and come to LA. Money talks...it's that simple. That's a big gamble, waiting a year on a player, especially when you have Mark Cuban, who keeps his wallet open at all times, will pay big men ungodly amounts of money, and has liked and wanted Chandler, since his rookie season.

Danny Boy? There's quite a drop of in levels of talent. You have Chandler and Boozer at one level, then a few steps down, you have Dan. He'd be more of a consolation prize, if we couldn't get Boozer.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93988
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.