Carlos Boozer

Carlos Boozer

Postby jminges on Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:29 pm

ImageImage

UTA TEAM 51 G 51 GS 34.7 MPG .521 FG% .000 3P% .698 FT% 2.80 OFF 6.20 DEF 9.00 RPG 2.8 APG .80 SPG .47 BPG 2.69 TO 3.50 PF 17.8 PPG

Source: Eric Pincus HOOPSWORLD.com (ARTICLE)

I went to Best Buy last week and bumped into Carlos Boozer in the parking lot.

“Are you coming to Los Angeles next season,� I asked.

“We’re working on it,� he replied.

“You know that trade was really close to going through?�

“It wouldn’t have broken through like that if it wasn’t.�

Take it for what it’s worth. All signs point to a disgruntled Boozer in Utah. He has skipped team meetings, practices and even Fan Appreciation Night. His injured foot was diagnosed as healthy enough to play on by the Jazz trainers and doctors. Boozer’s doctor search brought him to Los Angeles where he found a doctor to put him in a boot and tell the Jazz he couldn’t play. He sits the rest of the season, hires Rob Pelinka to be his agent and then is suddenly healed when the season is over. He is rehabilitating his foot which obviously was injured, but was it something similar to Kobe Bryant’s plantar fasciitis? Could he have played through it? Why hire an agent if you’ve got a long term contract?

Citing another article from HOOPSWORLD.com (ARTICLE)

The logical player the Jazz would seem to want in return would be Caron Butler. If that were the case, the additions of Vlade Divac and Devean George would be enough. Vlade and George have been injured throughout nearly the entire season. The Jazz could buy out the last year on Divac' contract for a couple of million dollars. Devean is close to health finally and would be a nice addition to the Jazz bench.

In other words, LA gives up a key piece in Caron, a bad signing in Vlade and a player who is no longer needed in Devean for a traditional, solid power forward. Should the Lakers fully commit to the triangle offense, it's possibly they may want to retain George, but to make a deal . . . that may be overlooked.

There are other variations, but this is probably the most likely scenario should a trade go down.

If Laker GM Mitch Kupchak is able to get Boozer to Los Angeles for a package without Caron or Odom, he'd be drastically upgrading the team. Although unlikely, Jumaine Jones along with Vlade, Devean and perhaps a number one pick works under the collective bargaining agreement but that would involve desperation by Utah to get rid of Boozer. That doesn't seem very likely.

More realistic perhaps would be different combinations: Caron Butler, Chucky Atkins and Vlade Divac . . . or Caron, George and Vlade.

Senerios that work under current CBA Regulations.

1. Image FOR ImageImageImage
2. Image FOR ImageImageImage
3. Image FOR ImageImageImage
4. Image FOR ImageImageImage
5. Image FOR ImageImageImage
6. Image FOR ImageImageImage

(In order of the likelyhood the Jazz the make this trade with the Lakers).
jminges

Postby SWOL on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:21 pm

OMG SEND CHUCKIE ON THE NEXT BUS TO MORMONVILLE
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Re: Carlos Boozer

Postby mandingo on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:50 pm

jaminges wrote:
Senerios that work under current CBA Regulations.

1. Image FOR ImageImageImage
2. Image FOR ImageImageImage
3. Image FOR ImageImageImage
4. Image FOR ImageImageImage
5. Image FOR ImageImageImage
6. Image FOR ImageImageImage

(In order of the likelyhood the Jazz the make this trade with the Lakers).

I like #4, too bad the Jazz won't :man9:
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby Guest on Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:08 pm

It's nice we're sending Vlade for a short vacation in Utah. He needs to get away for a few days.

:man10:

Postby SOAD on Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:08 pm

3-6 would be a great trade for us. (I'd prefer 3 or 4).
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:13 pm

3 :man10: :man10: :man10:
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby kobe4ever on Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:40 pm

3!!!!!!!!!!
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby KB24 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:24 pm

considering the Indiana trade goes down THE ONLY POSSIBLE ONE IS NUMBER 1. You don´t really think that the Jazz trade their all-star calliber player for JJ as the center piece :man7:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ataris_PunK on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:52 am

lol @ slava george and divac deal. Man we pull that off I will personally visit each of your houses and give u all a back wax.
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby Furious D on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:58 am

Ataris_PunK wrote:lol @ slava george and divac deal. Man we pull that off I will personally visit each of your houses and give u all a back wax.
Hmmmm I'll remember that if the deal goes through. :man1:

I dont know. Any deal for Boozer would have to include Caron. Although I can see Utah biting on #4.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby abeer3 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:46 am

KB8 till infinity wrote:considering the Indiana trade goes down THE ONLY POSSIBLE ONE IS NUMBER 1. You don´t really think that the Jazz trade their all-star calliber player for JJ as the center piece :man7:

yeah, and anything not involving caron can't be for real. it's not like utah is only going to be talking with the lakers. other teams will make some good offers, i'd bet. #1 is the most likely (plus it gets chuck out of town) if the bender deal goes down (which i really hope it does).
abeer3

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:17 am

3... is the best case senario
flexxdzl

Postby Sharpshooter on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:04 pm

if we involve vlade they could buy him outthenw e could resign him for the mle
Sharpshooter

Postby Kingsama on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:06 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:if we involve vlade they could buy him outthenw e could resign him for the mle

more like vets min...
Kingsama

Postby ahaider15 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:31 pm

i dont like boozer he might be the same as he was in Utah in LA
ahaider15

Postby Guest on Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:30 pm

Utah would never go for it, unless you give them four guys instead of three:

Slava
Atkins
George
Divac

And don't forget to throw a cheerleader in the deal also. :man4:

Postby Still A Dynasty on Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:57 pm

PROUDLAKERFAN wrote:Utah would never go for it, unless you give them four guys instead of three:

Slava
Atkins
George
Divac

utah never does that at all unless the lottery was involved..i think that we should do our expiring contracts, like atkins, divac, and then resign walton to a 1 year deal, and jumain jones and then our trade exception and lotto for boozer and snyder then use the MLE on jaric, dooling, mcinnis, daniels, or watson and then do the bender trade and draft villanueva and then turiaf(if hes there) if not then robinson and then LLE on Person

trade mihm and butler and cook and bender and our other trading exception for magloire and brown and claxton

Magloire/Divac/
Boozer/Brown/Grant
Odom/Villanueva/
Bryant/Vujacic/Person
MLE/Claxton/Robinson
Still A Dynasty

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:52 pm

If we did 3-6 Mitch automatically becomes GM of the year but, would go to jail for robbery. The Jazz would be crazy do any of those 3-6. I doubt any of these would work to be honest but, 1 and 2 is really the only realistic ones.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun May 01, 2005 3:16 am

I found something really interesting pertaining to the Boozer trade hype at the trading deadline.
LA Times:Remember that absurd Carlos Boozer-for-Caron Butler, Devean George and Vlade Divac trade "rumor" over the All-Star break? It looks as though it may have originated with the Boozer camp. On top of Boozer's struggles and those of the team, Jazz owner Larry Miller acknowledged that Boozer's wife, CeCe, didn't like Salt Lake City. "She was concerned about how she felt they had been received, welcomed in the community," said Miller, "but she has since said, unsolicited, that they've settled in and she's glad they're here." There were concerns CeCe's husband wasn't crazy about the place, either. On Feb. 10, Miller publicly questioned Boozer's effort and toughness. On Feb. 14, Boozer went out for the season because of a foot injury. On April 21, the day after the season ended, Boozer said he was sound again. Nevertheless, Miller says all is forgiven. "I don't have any regrets about him at all," he said. "From today's viewpoint, I would say clearly he will be here at least through the term of his contract."
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun May 01, 2005 10:52 am

if we give up boozer caron is most probably gonna go...cmon the GM of Utah isnt that dumb
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby KB24 on Sun May 01, 2005 11:49 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:if we give up boozer caron is most probably gonna go...cmon the GM of Utah isnt that dumb

He isn´t but maybe Mitch. He believes he has traded the package for CB and it turns to be Curtis Borchard! :boxing1:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby abeer3 on Sun May 01, 2005 4:19 pm

you know, i keep forgetting how unrealistic this hypothetical trade is. i think it's because it's been talked about so much for the last couple of months, but there was a quote in an la paper today that basically described it as "ridiculous" and at first, i was like: hey, that's not ridiculous, but then i said: wait a minute--it is!

i really hope it happens, but i just get this feeling that someone is going to trump the lakers' offer (and pretty easily at that).
abeer3

Postby The Laker Link on Mon May 02, 2005 12:49 pm

swolswol wrote:OMG SEND CHUCKIE ON THE NEXT BUS TO MORMONVILLE

YEA MORMONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Even thought I live up here in Mormonville...I'm a hard core Laker Fan and hope that this trade would go through...whether we send Chucy or Butler I don't care...JUST KEEP ODOM IF WE GET BOOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Laker Link

Postby The Laker Link on Mon May 02, 2005 12:52 pm

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:
PROUDLAKERFAN wrote:Utah would never go for it, unless you give them four guys instead of three:

Slava
Atkins
George
Divac

utah never does that at all unless the lottery was involved..i think that we should do our expiring contracts, like atkins, divac, and then resign walton to a 1 year deal, and jumain jones and then our trade exception and lotto for boozer and snyder then use the MLE on jaric, dooling, mcinnis, daniels, or watson and then do the bender trade and draft villanueva and then turiaf(if hes there) if not then robinson and then LLE on Person

trade mihm and butler and cook and bender and our other trading exception for magloire and brown and claxton

Magloire/Divac/
Boozer/Brown/Grant
Odom/Villanueva/
Bryant/Vujacic/Person
MLE/Claxton/Robinson

I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow:
The Laker Link

Postby balla34 on Mon May 02, 2005 5:57 pm

I think 5 would be better for us
balla34

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas