Carlos Cabezas could we sign him

Carlos Cabezas could we sign him

Postby dane99 on Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 pm

It looks like Ricky Rubio may be having some familiar company in the NBA this season.

Carlos Cabezas in Euroleague actionCarlos Cabezas in Euroleague actionA source close to Hoops Daily has confirmed that Spanish National Team point-guard, Carlos Cabezas, who played against Rubio for Unicaja in the ACB this year, has signed with Winnersfactory of Barcelona and American NBA agent Kenny Grant and will be available for NBA teams to sign as a free-agent this off season

http://www.hoopsdaily.com/content/who-carlos-cabezas

Can pau hook us up?
dane99

Re: Carlos Cabezas could we sign him

Postby khmrP on Thu May 14, 2009 8:46 am

dont see the word DEFENSE in that description....but I like his last name and nickname give me some "BRAIN" lol.
khmrP

Postby JSM on Thu May 14, 2009 11:22 am

With Pau here, I kind of expect we'll hear rumors of Spanish players to LA, whether they're legit or not (probably everyone except for Rubio because no one could even come up with a plausible rumor there). We were in the running for Garbajosa because of Pau. Granted CC sounds like a better prospect.

When I read the article the other day, first thing I wondered was how long until there's a rumor of him possibly coming to LA. He's got the size, high IQ (meaning Phil's in favor), and plays D.

Wouldn't be a bad depth signing, assuming we can't land Kidd and can unload Farmar on someone.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby dane99 on Fri May 15, 2009 1:40 pm

ok mr jsm lets say we sign kidd do u have any idea what his present market price is?
dane99

Postby JSM on Fri May 15, 2009 3:58 pm

dane99 wrote:ok mr jsm lets say we sign kidd do u have any idea what his present market price is?

He'll get MLE offers from the contenders -- Lakers, Cavs, and Celtics. I would imagine these will be 2 year offers (2nd year being an option year).

The Knicks, Heat, and Spurs will also go after him but these three teams don't offer him a chance of getting a ring. If he's not going to get a ring then I think he'll just stay in Dallas. Dallas, if they don't blow the team up, will be offering him more than the MLE. Something along the lines of 2 years, $8m per year wouldn't surprise me (they are paying Dampier $12m after all).

I'm not so sure a lot of the lower/middle tier teams will make a play for him. For one, because I don't see him going to a non-contender and I think most teams are smart enough to realize that. Two, teams aren't going to want to lose some of their 2010 money. So that really leaves the teams who aren't in the 2010 race...contenders.

Mavs. Knicks. Heat. Spurs.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas