Carmelo?

Carmelo?

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 am

Would you take Carmelo Anthony for the rest of this season for Andrew Bynum?
If you knew that Carmelo was gone after this season would you give up Andrew Bynum to get him?
Gasol becomes starting center with Smith as backup
Odom moves back to power forward, Caracter as backup
Carmelo at small forward with Artest as backup
Kobe at the two full time with Brown as back
Fisher and Blake

Trade machine says the straight up trade will work, Bynum for Carmelo, pull the trigger?
Whatthef?

Re: Carmelo?

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:46 am

' one more silly question and i am going to smash you in the face with this basketball'

Image :man10:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby ElginTheGreat on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:57 am

I can't see Denver ever trading someone to us and hate trading big for small, but I honestly don't see why this is such a bashed trade idea.

I love Bynum, but the bottom line is that he stays hurt. Injury prone big men just don't last long in this league. If this deal ever was seriously put on the table, I just don't think I could pass on Carmelo. We would miss Bynum's size, but I can't help but think a whole Carmelo would help us out more than the 50 to 70% of Bynum we usually have to work with. We'd have to work something out to try and get a big man back, but Carmelo is young, talented, and one of the best scorers in the game. If he is on the table, I think you have to go get him.
ElginTheGreat

Postby TT24 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:15 pm

How many of the same threads (more or less) are we going to have?
TT24

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:52 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:I can't see Denver ever trading someone to us and hate trading big for small, but I honestly don't see why this is such a bashed trade idea.

I love Bynum, but the bottom line is that he stays hurt. Injury prone big men just don't last long in this league. If this deal ever was seriously put on the table, I just don't think I could pass on Carmelo. We would miss Bynum's size, but I can't help but think a whole Carmelo would help us out more than the 50 to 70% of Bynum we usually have to work with. We'd have to work something out to try and get a big man back, but Carmelo is young, talented, and one of the best scorers in the game. If he is on the table, I think you have to go get him.

I agree with you.
Whatthef?

Postby anderton on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:57 pm

BYNUM + ARTEST FOR MELO????

+1
anderton

Postby anderton on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:00 pm

THE NEW TEAM

PG FISH+BLAKE
SG KOBE+BROWN
SF MELO+BARNES+WALTON
PF LO+CARACTER+SMITH
C PAU+RATLIFF
anderton

Postby DB24 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Nopeee
DB24

Postby aznromeo169 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:49 pm

if we did that, can we put our faith that gasol can handle the pressure of being guarded by very physical players at the center position? as much as i like gasol, can't see him remain that aggressive through an entire series
aznromeo169

Postby AirKicks on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:44 am

Denver can get alot more with Melo. Unless they're desperate to ship him out, no way this is going to happen.
AirKicks

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:18 pm

I want to keep Artest. I know it might be annoying time wise for him and I know he might not like the bench, but we do need defense if we lose Bynum and Artest has that too.

Look I say trade for Melo with Bynum only, keep Artest, and if he really is unhappy....try the off-season or draft day trade with him.....AFTER WE WIN THE 3RD STRAIGHT.

Then at least he was there and can make it all work and I think it'll all work out.

Maybe we can trade Artest for a minor player and a draft pick on draft day....get Jimmer Fredette or someone.
The Laker Link

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas