Cavs looking to trade Drew Gooden

Cavs looking to trade Drew Gooden

Postby cardom on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:17 am

"Once the Cavaliers get their point guard, they could also upgrade the power forward spot. Sources indicate they might deal Drew Gooden for a defensive-minded forward who is a strong rebounder." Willoughby News-Herald

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?news ... 1848&rfi=6

Cavs have given up pursuing Daniels (meaning he has refused them already, hinting he will indeed end up on the Lakers). Cavs are now interested in Sarunas or Jaric.
cardom

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:33 am

Cavs are in desperate need of a point.

Would they bite on Chucky + Cook + 2nd rounder for Gooden?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:35 am

They want a tough rebounder and a strong PF? What about Cook? :man10: We throw in even Slava for some offensive thunder out there. They just need to adjust to Slavas one touch offense :man10:
LOL Gooden is a backup PF. He can´t bang, is weak and doesn´t have any low post game. He prefers 15 footers. He has a suspect work ethic and on court his effort seems to be lackluster from time to time. He refuses to play defense sometimes and he is overrating himself. He thinks he is a star in the making but he is not. He was once said to have all-star potential but to me he is more of a 6th man right now. He is selfish too.
Now the positive part is he has good size, is a very good reboundr and a young guy who could develop into a solid starter. Right now he is a role player. IF we could do this trade without giving up Caron then do it IN A SECOND (for George, Cook, Sasha ...). IF we have to trade Caron I would take Kwame anyday over Gooden and thrice on sundays.
Last edited by KB24 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby TomSeaver on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:31 am

They want to upgrade the position so they're trading Gooden. So why the hell do we want him?
TomSeaver

Postby lakerfool on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:49 am

What the hell have i been saying all along? :man5: :man10:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby silversyphon41 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:35 pm

What is wrong with Drew Gooden?
14.4 pts and 9.2 rebs is pretty good.
And a PF with a 81% ft and 9.2% fg.
Gooden is a large improvement compared to our current PF's, since Odom is more of a SF. Drew is starting material and would need to bulk up and play better defense in the West, but he provides a consistent mid range jumper that would be great for Turiaf to learn.
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

Postby Dime Dropper on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:21 pm

I'd love Drew Gooden. But I want to see if we can get a higher quality player for now.
Dime Dropper

Postby MoneyMike on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:48 pm

I would not mind having him on the Laker squad :jam2:
MoneyMike

Postby Frank The Tank on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:26 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Cavs are in desperate need of a point.

Would they bite on Chucky + Cook + 2nd rounder for Gooden?
lol, good one. I know if i was looking for a defensive minded PF Brian Cook is the first name that comes to mind. :man10: Im pretty sure they wouldnt want chucky either.
Frank The Tank

Postby Sirron on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:33 pm

silversyphon41 wrote:What is wrong with Drew Gooden?
14.4 pts and 9.2 rebs is pretty good.
And a PF with a 81% ft and 9.2% fg.
Gooden is a large improvement compared to our current PF's, since Odom is more of a SF. Drew is starting material and would need to bulk up and play better defense in the West, but he provides a consistent mid range jumper that would be great for Turiaf to learn.

Well I don't know if I would take anyone with a 9.2% fg. :man3:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Re: Cavs looking to trade Drew Gooden

Postby Vito Andolini on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:59 pm

cardom wrote:
"Once the Cavaliers get their point guard, they could also upgrade the power forward spot. Sources indicate they might deal Drew Gooden for a defensive-minded forward who is a strong rebounder." Willoughby News-Herald

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?news ... 1848&rfi=6

Cavs have given up pursuing Daniels (meaning he has refused them already, hinting he will indeed end up on the Lakers). Cavs are now interested in Sarunas or Jaric.

Isn't Devean George a defensive minded SF who can rebound?

George and Sasha for Gooden.
Vito Andolini

Postby Vito Andolini on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:01 pm

9.2 is his rebounds a game. He has a 49% fg percentage..

I'd rather have Gooden over Kwame.
Vito Andolini

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:09 pm

I really hope the Lakers make a run at the dude. We wouldn't have to give up any of our big three and could have a starting five of

g-Butler
g-Kobe
sf-Odom
pf-Gooden
c-Mihm

with Daniels, J. Jones and Turiaf coming off the bench. When was the last time we had a solid bench?
Savory Griddles

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:11 pm

Vito Andolini wrote:9.2 is his rebounds a game. He has a 49% fg percentage..

not me kobe can help kwame out alot just by penetratin n dishin :jam2:
PurpleNGold1

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:14 pm

send them vlade and the money to buy him out, they save 2-3 instantly and sign haslem. We get Gooden and vlade back...
Kingsama

Re: Cavs looking to trade Drew Gooden

Postby Jordan-esque on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:32 pm

cardom wrote:

Cavs have given up pursuing Daniels (meaning he has refused them already, hinting he will indeed end up on the Lakers).

Not just quite...

Miami is also now in talks with AD.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:06 pm

the more topics created, the more disappointing these rumors get. give it a rest. everyone is getting all hyped for just about nothing.

Postby silversyphon41 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:16 am

Vito Andolini wrote:9.2 is his rebounds a game. He has a 49% fg percentage..

thanks for correcting my error. :man12:
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:34 pm

Pluto: Cavs should find trade for Gooden
Akron Beacon Journal: Now that they've signed Zydrunas Ilgauskas, the Cavaliers' next move should be to explore every trade opportunity for Drew Gooden.

It would be a huge mistake for the Cavaliers to come back with Gooden as their starting power forward.

Why the rush to replace Gooden? He averaged 14.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, shot 49 percent and appeared in all 82 games.

He doesn't get it.

That's what former Cavaliers coach Paul Silas told me. And it's what former interim coach Brendan Malone told me. And it's what I heard from executives in Orlando, which was Gooden's last stop before Cleveland.

It's not that Gooden refuses to play defense. He just seems to struggle grasping the concepts and often is a step or two late.

The Cavaliers can't have that.

Gooden will be a free agent in the summer of 2006, so the $4 million left on his contract should make him attractive to a team wanting to create some salary-cap room a year from now.

He also is a scorer, and some teams need that from their power forward -- because few have an offensive-minded center such as Ilgauskas.

The Cavaliers need someone such as Reggie Evans of the Seattle SuperSonics, a rugged rebounder who averaged 9.3 rebounds and has no interest in scoring. He's a restricted free agent, and perhaps the Cavaliers can work out a sign-and-trade deal involving Evans and Gooden.

No doubt there are other possibilities, and it's up to Ferry to consider them -- and not just be stuck on signing free agents who quickly chew up cap room.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

best part of this post

Postby kobesneekz2005 on Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:38 pm

"Slavas one touch offense"
haha...

Jacko
"Slavas one touch offense"
kobesneekz2005

Postby Laker Fanatic on Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:20 pm

i am happy we didn't go for gooden...he is weak and plays no defense-he keeps getting shipped-there must be something wrong with that cat.

That's the last thing we need in the western conference
Jerry West is the BEST!
Laker Fanatic

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas