Channing Frye

Postby pureuncut100 on Wed May 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Channing Frye:
24 years old, going into his third year
Career: 10.8ppg/5.6rpg 45.4% field goals

Kwame Brown:
25 years old, going into his seventh season
Career: 7.7ppg/5.5rpg 48.3% field goals

Channing makes 2.5 mil, Kwame is an expiring contract and makes 8.2 mil. We would have to take back something to make it work but I like the idea of having Channing Frye. I live on the east coast and know that Isaih Thomas is not enamored with him. Also, when Frye was given a chance, he was very productive under Larry Brown. I think that Frye is young but a very mature player and is much more productive than Kwame Brown on offense. In addition, soon we will have to choose between Kwame and Bynum anyway.

An expiring contract means a lot to NY. We want to win now. I think Frye is a 15ppg/8rpg player. Basically I think Frye could be next year what Phil Jackson wanted Kwame Brown to be this year. Look at Fryes rookie year:

12.3ppg/5.7rpg 47.7% field goals

Thanks to David Lee and the amazing development of Eddie Curry, Fryes numbers fell off but I think he is a better player than Kwame right now. Risk, risk, risk. THat is what this off season is about.
pureuncut100

Postby Savage1 on Wed May 23, 2007 6:31 pm

Frye would be a great player, as long as your Center doesn't have a similar game, which the Lakers wouldn't have a problem with. I'm a big fan of the guy, and if it only took Kwame, I'd be happy. There are probably better deals that could be had, but I wouldn't be upset if LAL got Frye.
Savage1

Postby Mark McNamara on Wed May 23, 2007 7:22 pm

I doubt the Knicks would do this. They've been way over the cap for several years and never cared. I don't think getting rid of one contract would make much of a difference for them.
Mark McNamara

Postby KB24 on Wed May 23, 2007 10:46 pm

say no to frye....period.

we would be nuts to waste one of our best trade assets (expecially his expiring K) for a bust. please folks...

we need Kwame for any blockbuster deal, trading him limits everything....all for a skinny and soft jumpshooter? definitely not worth it.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby pureuncut100 on Thu May 24, 2007 5:23 am

KB8@CL wrote:say no to frye....period.

we would be nuts to waste one of our best trade assets (expecially his expiring K) for a bust. please folks...

we need Kwame for any blockbuster deal, trading him limits everything....all for a skinny and soft jumpshooter? definitely not worth it.

For one, why does everyone automatically assume we are going to pull off a blockbuster. Let me tell all of you something, DO NOT BANK ON A BLOCKBUSTER DEAL GOING THROUGH. If we hold our chips in hoping for a blockbuster deal to happen while every other team is being proactive, there is a good chance we end this offseason being non productive.

For two, Channing Frye being a soft jump shooter is a lie. I will be the first to say he can shoot a jumper and he looks soft. But he is not a soft jump shooter. Not comparing him to Duncan but Duncan looks soft and can shoot a jumper. He plays strong and has an excellent/skilled back to the basket game. His rooke year numbers were better than any of Kwames numbers in any year of his career. His numbers fell off because David Lee is a beast and Eddie Curry really developed.

In the right place, Frye is a 15ppg/8-10rpg player. More consistent production out of the PF/C position than Kwame has ever given us.
pureuncut100

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Thu May 24, 2007 12:06 pm

Zach Randolph or Artest would be better one on one trade for Kwame. Sure you're still taking a risk with them, but at least they've proven themselves on the court.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas