chauncey billups great fit

chauncey billups great fit

Postby lakurluv on Mon May 07, 2007 8:32 am

I believe anything is possible especially in this day and age of the NBA player. LA is a definite attraction to everyone.

If we can get JW Back as our "CONSULTANT". :bow:
I know anything is possible.

He would be a perfect solution to solve our PG problems. Let's see if Mitch and the rest of the Laker Admin Staff can get it done...
:deal:

Lot of possiblities out there...
lakurluv

Postby ChainLink on Wed May 09, 2007 3:57 pm

L8KERS4LIFE wrote:
East_LA wrote:Slim to none, why would he leave. With the East and that team, he has a shot of making the Finals for like 3-4 more years.

He really does not make much and I don't think the Pistons will give him much of a payday.

What makes you think the Pistons won't give him much of a payday? Dumars has already said he's going to do everything possible to re-sign him, and he'll be getting at least a $12 mil/year offer.
ChainLink
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Triangle Point Forward

Postby fijidaddy on Thu May 10, 2007 8:34 am

We need to get another point forward.

Chauncey Billups we cannot afford because he will demand a max contract this summer, and we are nowhere close to that.

I say with the dish out of Smush, Shammond and Aaron, we need a another point forward to accompany Lamar and Kobe and Luke of the wing.

Center is a whole other discussion.....
"Center is a very tough position to play." - Kareem Abdul Jabaar.

fijidaddy

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Thu May 10, 2007 12:18 pm

Smush has already been kicked off the team, and the other two are about to become free agents this summer. Shammond's already talked about going back to Europe and Aaron's thinking about retiring..
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby Jajwa on Mon May 14, 2007 1:36 pm

I see no reason not to keep Shammond. He's familiar with the offense, fits well, and didn't complain. He should be brought back...

Personally I like Billups more than Steve Nash even. However, getting his abominally hard.

You have to cover his salary with Kwame, convince him to come to L.A., give the Pistons an upgrade with a young player meaning Bynum, and give a replacement in Farmar.

No thanks I'll take Pau Gasol for that much.

- Duhon, Watson, Pargo, Bell

Those are the three the team will probably be looking at acquiring.
Jajwa

Postby j_croapa on Tue May 15, 2007 1:14 am

Billups then Terry would be the best fits at PG.
j_croapa

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Tue May 15, 2007 12:18 pm

Why are people still contemplating this? This belongs in the groundless trade taking section. There's no possible way Billups is coming to LA, and there are lot of players that would be a better fit for the Lakers. Billups is either sticking to the Pistons for the chance to win more championships or going to a team that can pay him the most.

If he wanted the best of both worlds, he'd probably go to the Magic, where they can pay him a lot, and they're a young, up and coming team that could be a title contender in the near future, especially with another major piece.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas