Chris Mihm & Aaron Mckie 4 D-Fish?

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:24 pm

let go

Fish had his run, but his contract is massive ...
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:08 pm

worst idea ever, i'm sorry. :disagree:
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby the_Dude on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:52 pm

I love Fish just like I'm sure all of us do for giving us his best years but I hope the next time we see him a part of the Lakers is as an assistant coach or a front office guy. His attitude and charisma could be a great fit for pouring into some young players. He's definitely a laker for life though and we can only thank him for the championship years. I was at game 3 against the Suns and his face popped up on the Staples screen. The crowd went nuts for him. They went even crazier nuts for Fox though.
the_Dude

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:00 pm

i wouldnt mind getting fish back, but not at his current salary for Mihm and change
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Talk about bad contracts???

Postby Gamblinman323 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:12 pm

I dont understand how anybody can say that D-Fish has a bad contract, when you look at what the lakers already have? 8.2mil to Kwame, 4.2 Mihm, 2.7 Mckie, 1.5 Cook.....cmon already id take back fish to get rid of cook, mckie, mihm. Mihm is a top 15 center, but he's defenitly not gettin us anywhere that Kwame cant get us. Kwame is just overpaid but may wind up a pretty decent deal in a couple years. Dont forget about Bynum, I think we'll see glimpses of how good he'll be this year. Anyways we'll lose Mihm to someone else next year, so we might as well trade him now.
Gamblinman323

Postby NUMBER 8 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:13 pm

:lock:
NUMBER 8

Re: Talk about bad contracts???

Postby 81Kobe on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:49 pm

Gamblinman323 wrote:I dont understand how anybody can say that D-Fish has a bad contract, when you look at what the lakers already have? 8.2mil to Kwame, 4.2 Mihm, 2.7 Mckie, 1.5 Cook......

While such a trade works financially, the Lakers are better simply allowing those other contracts to expire and not take on D. Fish.

Cook, Mihm and McKie contracts all expire after next season. Therefore, I do not know if the Lakers need to buy into another contract. Maybe do better on the free agent market with the approx $9 million.
81Kobe

Postby the_Dude on Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:38 am

Gamblinman323 wrote:I dont understand how anybody can say that D-Fish has a bad contract, when you look at what the lakers already have? 8.2mil to Kwame, 4.2 Mihm, 2.7 Mckie, 1.5 Cook.....cmon already id take back fish to get rid of cook, mckie, mihm. Mihm is a top 15 center, but he's defenitly not gettin us anywhere that Kwame cant get us. Kwame is just overpaid but may wind up a pretty decent deal in a couple years. Dont forget about Bynum, I think we'll see glimpses of how good he'll be this year. Anyways we'll lose Mihm to someone else next year, so we might as well trade him now.

Maybe losing him to someone else is what they want to do if there is no player out there we can get to truly help us. I actually like Mihm a bunch and I think he has okay game. He showed a nice mid range jumper and kinda showed some shot blocking at times but if we have the same player in Kwame and Mihm like you say then I think the lakers are willing to take that chance on a younger guy with more potential. I think everyone here is high on Bynum and hopes for greatness. It's hard to justify picking Fish up when we'd be $9mil richer for the free agent market next year. If we can get some value we can trade but Fish probably doesn't do much for our future in my opinion.
the_Dude

Postby sister golden hair on Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:11 am

Why not just break Smush's legs and save everyone the trouble of trading for Fisher?

SGH
sister golden hair

Postby lakerluv2 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:40 am

why do all of you insist on trading a pretty good center which is extremely rare in this league and very valuable for an old pg who's contract is overblown. that dosen't mean i don't like fisher but i strongly believe you could have given george for fisher and 1st pick being protected from gsw
lakerluv2

Postby Donn FaaM on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:14 am

why dont we just start smush?? he aint tat bad cept for the phoenix series. and dats it....
Sasha Vujacic is the ownage!!!!!!

the credit to magicmoment :]
Donn FaaM

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:20 am

Donn FaaM wrote:why dont we just start smush?? he aint tat bad cept for the phoenix series. and dats it....

LA was an average defensive team and an average offensive team. We do want to improve, don´t we????

look how New Orleans has improved, how Houston will improve and even teams like Seattle (with Wilcox) and Utah (healthy Boozer and Brewer) are all improving which means we would go down if we can´t improve enaugh.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby echo nation on Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:18 pm

we want to inprove

but a solid 7 footer for an aging fisher is not going to do it
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Gamblinman323 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:37 pm

81Kobe wrote:
Gamblinman323 wrote:I dont understand how anybody can say that D-Fish has a bad contract, when you look at what the lakers already have? 8.2mil to Kwame, 4.2 Mihm, 2.7 Mckie, 1.5 Cook......

While such a trade works financially, the Lakers are better simply allowing those other contracts to expire and not take on D. Fish.

Cook, Mihm and McKie contracts all expire after next season. Therefore, I do not know if the Lakers need to buy into another contract. Maybe do better on the free agent market with the approx $9 million.

No cap space next year now after radmon.
Gamblinman323

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:39 pm

echo nation wrote:we want to inprove

but a solid 7 footer for an aging fisher is not going to do it

ECHO, AINT SEEN YOU IN LIKE 3 YEARS WHAT UP MAN

FISHERS CONTRACT MAKE ME WANT TO THROW UP
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Gamblinman323 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:43 pm

the_Dude wrote:
Gamblinman323 wrote:I dont understand how anybody can say that D-Fish has a bad contract, when you look at what the lakers already have? 8.2mil to Kwame, 4.2 Mihm, 2.7 Mckie, 1.5 Cook.....cmon already id take back fish to get rid of cook, mckie, mihm. Mihm is a top 15 center, but he's defenitly not gettin us anywhere that Kwame cant get us. Kwame is just overpaid but may wind up a pretty decent deal in a couple years. Dont forget about Bynum, I think we'll see glimpses of how good he'll be this year. Anyways we'll lose Mihm to someone else next year, so we might as well trade him now.

Maybe losing him to someone else is what they want to do if there is no player out there we can get to truly help us. I actually like Mihm a bunch and I think he has okay game. He showed a nice mid range jumper and kinda showed some shot blocking at times but if we have the same player in Kwame and Mihm like you say then I think the lakers are willing to take that chance on a younger guy with more potential. I think everyone here is high on Bynum and hopes for greatness. It's hard to justify picking Fish up when we'd be $9mil richer for the free agent market next year. If we can get some value we can trade but Fish probably doesn't do much for our future in my opinion.

Your right but we will not be able to pick up any new contracts because of the cap, if we trade existing contracts yes we'll be over the cap but we will not be restricted on what we can pick up, thats why we should trade those three exp contracts regardless of who its for.
Gamblinman323

Postby Jr. Kobe on Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:45 pm

i don't want him :disagree:

his defense is not good and he can't shoot as well as 2000-03 years!
THOUSANDS OF TURKISH LAKERS FANS (OVER 16k)
LOS ANGELES LAKERS TURKEY: www.LakersTR.com
ALSO CHECK THIS OUT PLEASE!!! - THANKS
Jr. Kobe

Postby Black Sheep91 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:40 pm

fish is getting older and he gets paid a lot. Not to mention, he doesnt play defense and misses layups

only way I do this deal if they throw in a future 1st round pick
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby echo nation on Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:35 pm

Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby koolkobe on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:16 pm

^^^exactly, so lock this up
koolkobe

Postby bonafyd on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:11 pm

WHY?
bonafyd

Postby KHOBEE on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:08 pm

why dont they locke this post.. its done with ... UTAH Jazz has a better squad right now.. LOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KHOBEE

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas