________

LA sends Chicago

Lamar Odom Sign & Trade starting at 10-12 mil
Jordan Farmar
__

Chicago sends LA

Kirk Hinrich
Tyrus Thomas

Re-sign Shannon & Ariza.. Sign a backup C.. from the list of unrestricted FA's I'd go in this order (Birdman, Zaza, Wilcox, Ely, Magloire, Stro, Mihm LOL)

Hinrich/Fisher/Brown
Kobe/Sasha/Ammo
Battier/Ariza/Luke
Scola/Tyrus/Powell
Yao/Birdman/DJ

Tons of flexibility.. If Sasha is struggling with his shot/Fish or Shannon are playing like they deserve more burn, Hinrich is more than capable of playing SG.. Same with Battier.. Scola & Birdman are both PF/C's..

I think we'd without a doubt be the best defensive team in the league.. & probably the smartest aswell.. Hinrich, Kobe, Shane & Yao all have amazing bball iq's.. Scola would be a downgrade from Gasol in every department but I think we more than make up for it at the other positions..

May not look like the most potent offensive team but Battier & Scola are going to give you 8-14 points each every night.. Hinrich averages 14 ppg for his career.. I could see Hinrich & Battier's scoring going up considering they'd be taking all the wide open 3's Fisher & Ariza have been getting.. & they're both better 3 point shooters..

Fisher's leadership would be great off the bench.. He'd be the only real weak link off the bench on defense.. Sasha isn't the greatest defender but we all know how he gets under peoples skin.. I don't think I need to say anything about Ariza or Birdman.. Anyone who's been watching the playoffs knows what they bring to their teams defensively.. & Tyrus is a stud on defense..

I'm sure Houston wouldn't do it because Yao is their cash cow but I think this makes them a better team if they plan on keeping McGrady & Artest.. Because Shane will play very limited minutes with those 2 on the floor..

I think Chicago would do it.. They desperately need a PF who can produce.. & with Rose & Gordon, Hinrich will be under utilized just like Battier.. I know they think pretty highly of Tyrus & may want to give up Noah instead, but I do this deal either way.

Thoughts?
LakersN4

Re: Complete roster remodel.. hou/chi

Postby khmrP on Thu May 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Horrible....so you want us to send our 2 bigs for a big that breaks his leg amost every season and dont let Scola fool you, hes not that good, if Bynum was HEALTHY he wouldn't have been able to put up those #'s like he did in our series....
khmrP

Postby LakersN4 on Fri May 29, 2009 1:51 am

khmrP wrote:Horrible....so you want us to send our 2 bigs for a big that breaks his leg amost every season and dont let Scola fool you, hes not that good, if Bynum was HEALTHY he wouldn't have been able to put up those #'s like he did in our series....

I didn't base anything on our series with Houston.. & I'd rather take my chances with "if Yao is healthy" than "if Bynum is healthy".. Because if Yao is healthy, we have the best offensive center in the NBA, arguably the best center in the NBA period.. If Bynum is healthy, well, we really have no idea what we have yet.. We've seen just as many Olowokandi games from him as good games..

Right now we have 2 All Stars, a borderline allstar & a kid that has all star potential..

Post trade.. We still have Kobe.. But now we also have the most dominant offensive C in the league.. We also have Hinrich who is probably the best triangle PG in the entire NBA, & a stud on defense.. Along with the best perimeter defender in the NBA in Battier.. Both guys are role players that would fit PERFECTLY next to 2 stars like Kobe & Yao.. Not to mention bringing Ariza's energy back to the bench, & also adding Fisher to that 2nd unit.. All of a sudden we have the best bench in the NBA again..
LakersN4

Postby nameant on Fri May 29, 2009 6:16 am

Looks like you've been hanging out with Chris Anderson too much.
nameant

Postby leakbrewergator on Fri May 29, 2009 7:48 am

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby lakers_ftw on Fri May 29, 2009 3:15 pm

no ty
lakers_ftw

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas