Corey Maggete

Corey Maggete

Postby DGeorge on Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:50 am

The Clippers are planning to use him as a sixth man but he thinks otherwise and they are trying to trade him, they want a big man in return. Maybe we could give them Mimh + ? (maybe S&T George or a draft pick)
DGeorge

That it would be great

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:21 am

An addition like Al Harrington and ever better like Corey Maggette for Chris Mihm and others (George, Cook...) that would be great. Corey Maggette is a great forward, he can score and he is very athletic.

M.Banks/Sm.Parker
K.Bryant
C.Maggette
L.Odom
Kw.Brown/A.Bynum

I think that it would be a very good team and with great future, but I do not know is Mihm and others is enough to get Maggette. I do not think so.
Let´s see.
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Postby Flatlyner on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:53 am

I certainly would LOVE to see Maggette at our SF.. I'd trade Mihm and any fillers to get his services. Throw in the signing of Cassell and we have ourselves a contender.
Flatlyner

Postby figtab on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:26 am

Maggette and Kobe are great freinds and i can see this happening if kobe yells at management.
figtab

Postby Alleyhoops on Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:09 pm

I am under the impression that Odom DOES NOT want to play the 4. That's all we need to do is take a moody player like Lamar and slug him into a position he doesn't like playing. Sounds like trouble to me.
Alleyhoops

Postby kb8lo7 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:13 pm

I doubt the Clippers will ever trade with the Lakers, let alone a solid player in maggette.
kb8lo7

Postby eNlight on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:17 pm

yeah clips don't trade with the lakers, love the idea and love maggs.
eNlight

Postby bobyahead on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:40 pm

omg, i hope magette isn't even linked to the lakers. the guy has NO D! has the worst basketball IQ i have ever seen. AND ive seen bad.

i mean the guy cost them the 2nd round! he had like 3 TO's in a row. shot like 3 shots in a row. he is the only guy i know that always has to score 20 plus points. if its off the bench of starting... he will try his best to get 20 points and will forget about everything else, mainly defense. its no wonder why dunleavey (a lover of high basketball IQ) started ROSS over him. its no wonder why they were trying to trade him since the beggining of last year, the year after he came off his best season. HE doesn't listen. you can see the frustration on brands face every time magette shoots a freethrow. for a person like brand, it only prolongs the game where brand never stops playing D and work hard. it kills any momentum. you better believe brand has a big part in why magette is about to be gone.

Magette (still trying to be a star)

i give him one thing tho, the guy is extremely buff , so buff he can barely open his eyes... does the guy have the buffest eyelids ever?!

play 1, 2, and 3 for magette by magette (get the ball , put head down, and run towards the basket)

alternate endings (yes!, two more freethrows) or (whine* whine* still whinning, the other team gets a 5 on 4 break and scores)

repeat play 1,2, and 3.
bobyahead

Postby East_LA on Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:11 am

The guy can never stay healthy, Id be very cautious about this idea.
East_LA

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:22 pm

Then maybe we can fire Phil and hire Mike D

Heck, we're already in LA., lets just rename ourselves to the Clippers

sorry, but Radmon is the only Clipper we're nabbing, IMHO... no cassell, no Magette, no Mike D
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby cesquivias84 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:10 pm

MARCUS BANKS IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I KNOW EVERYONE IT TRYING TO GET RID OF COOK BUT HAVING COOK AND VLADIMIR EITHER AT SMALL FORWARD OR POWER FORWARD SECONDARY, WOULD BE AWESOME. IMAGINE THE POINTS AND 3 POINT PERCENTAGES
cesquivias84

Postby the_Dude on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:13 pm

What a great dream but it won't happen. Talk about athletic team. Wow!
the_Dude

Postby KobeCory8 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:51 pm

that would be good but not sure if we could only give em mihm
KobeCory8

Postby cesquivias84 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:28 pm

there are other players that arent being used. give them mihm and mc kie or Laron or Devean Greene
cesquivias84

Postby Lakeshow23 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:07 pm

(MODS, please delete this post).
Last edited by Lakeshow23 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakeshow23

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:09 pm

cesquivias84 wrote:there are other players that arent being used. give them mihm and mc kie or Laron or Devean Greene

Last thing I want to do is give the Clippers another Big Man. So they can dominate us on the inside with Brand, Kaman, Mihm, and Baker. Not with the rest of the cast they have to surround those guys. The Clippers mean *serious* business next year, they can push for a title.

Of course, my second option is to make the Clippers a good team. Sorry guys, don't flame me here, it's Lakers to the death. But, Clippers are my two team. :mhihi: :man1:
Lakeshow24

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:10 am

Lakeshow24 wrote:
cesquivias84 wrote:there are other players that arent being used. give them mihm and mc kie or Laron or Devean Greene

Last thing I want to do is give the Clippers another Big Man. So they can dominate us on the inside with Brand, Kaman, Mihm, and Baker. Not with the rest of the cast they have to surround those guys. The Clippers mean *serious* business next year, they can push for a title.
Of course, my second option is to make the Clippers a good team. Sorry guys, don't flame me here, it's Lakers to the death. But, Clippers are my two team. :mhihi: :man1:

i thought this was club lakers.

anyways. we dont even need corey maggette. doesn't he play kobe's position?

we have evans. maggette doesn't play pg. we have vlad.
he's not coming to the lakers nor do we have a spot for him.
Chillbongo

Postby Flatlyner on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:49 am

We have an undercover clipper fan???

SEND THE DOGS!!!!!! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Flatlyner

Re: That it would be great

Postby 8ebok on Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:13 pm

[quote="Bilbao-LakerMagic"]
M.Banks/Sm.Parker
K.Bryant
C.Maggette
L.Odom
Kw.Brown/A.Bynum
quote]

Banks over Smush, you habe got to be kidding me.
#24-kobe bryant? Whatever...
8ebok

Postby cesquivias84 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:30 pm

HOW DOES THIS SOUND.

SIGN AND TRADE MAGETTE TO LAKERS FOR DEVEON GEORGE AND CHRIS MIHM

LAKERS TRADE MAGETTE AND ODOM TO T- WOLVES FOR KG AND ANY OTHER ADDITION THAT WOULD FIT THE TRADE =D

COULD THAT BE POSSIBLE
cesquivias84

Dude....I was gonna say the same thing

Postby calughee on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:57 pm

[quote="echo nation"]Then maybe we can fire Phil and hire Mike D

sorry, but Radmon is the only Clipper we're nabbing, IMHO... no cassell, no Magette, no Mike D[/quote]

Odom, Radmon, and now Maggette?

We can get Wilcox at the 4, Livinston at the 3, and Stanley Roberts to back up Kwame....

Maggette is overpaid and just came off a season where he played half the year. He's a solid player dont get me wrong, we had a player like Maggette in Caron Butler and that didnt work. Lakers need to get a PG not named Shammond...we should use Mihm for that.
calughee

Re: Dude....I was gonna say the same thing

Postby ObiWanKobe on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:16 pm

calughee wrote:
echo nation wrote:Then maybe we can fire Phil and hire Mike D

sorry, but Radmon is the only Clipper we're nabbing, IMHO... no cassell, no Magette, no Mike D

Odom, Radmon, and now Maggette?

We can get Wilcox at the 4, Livinston at the 3, and Stanley Roberts to back up Kwame....

Maggette is overpaid and just came off a season where he played half the year. He's a solid player dont get me wrong, we had a player like Maggette in Caron Butler and that didnt work. Lakers need to get a PG not named Shammond...we should use Mihm for that.

don't forget that everybody here wants us to get Darius Miles too. (I don't), poop, we need a PG so why not get Andre Miller & Earl Boykins. We can also pick up Brent Barry & McDyess, and we can then get Shaun Rooks to un-retire to be our back-up C. Bring Larry Brown in as a player consultant and hire Bill Fitch
ObiWanKobe

Postby KB24 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:09 pm

if we could get Maggette we would certainly do it.

He does have a friendly contract and he has skill sets that we lack. His IQ is suspect yet he can go to the line 10 times a game.
It would be ideal because we could move Kobe to 3 and play Corey at SG. He had a bad year with injuries and thats the only worry but he would definitely help, thats for sure and he is a serious and real second option.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby 8ebok on Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:29 am

Magette would be a great addition at Small forward, he has too much talent to let slip if we can actually get him.
#24-kobe bryant? Whatever...
8ebok

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas