Could We Be In The Mix For Melo? (august 2010)

Could We Be In The Mix For Melo? (august 2010)

Postby vaheblings on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Maybe a 3 team trade?

Lakers Get: Carmelo Anthony, Emeka Okafor
Nuggets Get: Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton
Hornets Get: Nene Hilario

Lakers end up with Melo, Nuggets get Bynum & Hornets shed salary by dealing Okafor & gettin' back a solid center. Now some may say why deal Bynum? Well look at guys like Yao, It honestly seems like Bynum will be done when he is 30 with all these injuries, everyone says never ruin a championship team but we all know our wild card is Odom & now Artest, we won in 09 without bynum & got to the finals in 2008 without him & this year he helped no arguments there. Its just a pipe dream anyways. But can u imagine?

Okafor/Ratliff
Gasol/Odom/Caracter
Anthony/Artest/Barnes
Kobe/Brown/Ebanks
Fisher/Blake
Last edited by vaheblings on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vaheblings

Re: Could We Be In The Mix For Melo?

Postby vaheblings on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm

my bad wrong thread, U can move it to Trade Ideas
vaheblings

Postby Sirron on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm

well that seems like a fair trade for all parties
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby jjin28 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 pm

We don't really need more offense. Defense wins championships.

BUT, with Kobe aging, Melo would be nice to have in the long run.....
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:53 am

No.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Venomenon on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:18 am

we're not
Venomenon

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:55 am

kwembinekwek wrote:we're not
D.B. Cooper

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:11 am

CL should require its members to pass "Basic Trades 101" before one is able to suggest trades of his or her own.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby vaheblings on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:56 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:CL should require its members to pass "Basic Trades 101" before one is able to suggest trades of his or her own.

first of all go look at my history before you even try talking down to me. I've been to more ROAD laker games & spent time with the team than u ever would, & 2nd of all ive been here from the start.
vaheblings

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

vaheblings wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:CL should require its members to pass "Basic Trades 101" before one is able to suggest trades of his or her own.

first of all go look at my history before you even try talking down to me. I've been to more ROAD laker games & spent time with the team than u ever would, & 2nd of all ive been here from the start.

Does having the money to attend more games than others make you better fan? Or any more knowledgable about trades than others?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby vaheblings on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:00 pm

therealdeal wrote:
vaheblings wrote:

Does having the money to attend more games than others make you better fan? Or any more knowledgable about trades than others?

It aint even about the money cuz i don't even pay to go 2 games. I get invited by some people who are close with the organization. & 2nd of all i beleive i am, because soon u will start hearing me on sports radio shows. I'm just gonna leave it at that
vaheblings

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 pm

^ Money is being paid somewhere within those circles. Whether it's through the way your connections were established or whatever. You wouldn't be there without money changing hands somewhere, especially since Laker tickets are expensive. You may not be paying for it, but someone is. And for those of us without those types of connections, and without that kind of money, we're not any less knowledgeable because we don't have the same opportunities. I can only afford to go to about a game a year, but (sorry) that doesn't make me any less of a fan, or less knowledgeable.

And congrats on being on the radio.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:54 pm

vaheblings wrote:

The first two things I look at whenever someone posts something that doesn't make any sense is their registration date and their post count. If things still don't add up, I look at their location as perhaps it's "a language barrier thing". I'd hope that someone who brags about "being here from the start" would at least have some basic knowledge of how a trade works and whether or not a trade he or she is proposing actually makes sense for all parties involved.

I was trying to spare you by giving you the short and sweet response but if you'd like to analyze it:

Why would LA want to take on Carmelo without a guarantee that he'd commit long term? That's number one. You'd need to get some sort of commitment that he'd sign an extension and even if you did, extension = $$$$$$$. A hell of a lot more $$$$$$$ than it would cost to keep Bynum and Walton on the books beyond 2011. On top of that, you wanna add Okafor's contract to LA's payroll? Four years at an average of about 13 mil/yr? Really? You also fail to consider the fact that Melo's game totally throws things out of whack as far as lineups are concerned. You move Artest to the bench (because there's no way in hell Melo takes on the role of 6th man) and put ANOTHER guy on the floor who likes to do his work in the low post. Things are crowded enough down there as it is with Pau, Drew (now Okafor), oftentimes Kobe and sometimes Lamar down on the box. We saw how Artest barley got any time in the low post last year and you wanna insert Carmelo into the lineup? Don't even suggest using him as a 3 point threat. Guy shot 31.6% from three last year and is 30.8% from range for his career. Might as well trade Matt Barnes too now seeing as he'll never see any time on the floor with Melo and Artest in front of him. He doesn't exactly strike me as the type to b**ch about limited minutes, but I could see him making waves if he got NO minutes. Honestly I'd expect you to know better seeing as you've:

vaheblings wrote:been to more ROAD laker games & spent time with the team than u ever would, & 2nd of all ive been here from the start.

As far as the Hornets "saving money by taking on Nene" as you suggested? How? Nene makes almost the same amount of money as Okafor. His contract may be two years shorter, but what kind of message does it send Paul when you trade for a smaller contract? Not only that, why would they be inclined to make a long-term cost cutting measure when they just decided to dump Collison's rookie deal and stick with Paul, and when they just shifted Posey's two year contract for Trevor's remaining four years? Does that move at all suggest to you that the franchise's biggest concern is cutting salary? It was a few months ago, but when they made the decision to commit to CP3 that line of thinking went right out window. Cost cutting is not in the Hornets' plan at the moment, as least not for the next two years. Honestly I'd expect you to know better seeing as you've:

vaheblings wrote:been to more ROAD laker games & spent time with the team than u ever would, & 2nd of all ive been here from the start.

Now as for you suggesting that the Nuggets would be willing to take on Drew, Sasha's expiring and Luke? Well the fact that you even suggested Luke in your trade is what solidified my belief that you had absolutely no idea what you were proposing or that you had no regard for your proposal resembling anything even remotely close to what one could call "realistic". I mean suggesting Luke's contract in a trade with his injury status up in the air? Honestly I'd expect you to know better seeing as you've:

therealdeal wrote:Does having the money to attend more games than others make you better fan? Or any more knowledgable about trades than others?

Hey, hey, hey, he's been here from "the start." You can't criticize anyone who's been a fan since the "1946 Detroit Gems" days. j/k :man10: :man10: :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby vaheblings on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:30 pm

People who know me know me, thats all i'm gonna say. I'm not gonna respond to you anymore, i don't need to give u more fame than i already did. Peace Out lil' boy!
vaheblings

Postby bleed purple n gold on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:51 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
vaheblings wrote:

The first two things I look at whenever someone posts something that doesn't make any sense is their registration date and their post count. If things still don't add up, I look at their location as perhaps it's "a language barrier thing". I'd hope that someone who brags about "being here from the start" would at least have some basic knowledge of how a trade works and whether or not a trade he or she is proposing actually makes sense for all parties involved.

I was trying to spare you by giving you the short and sweet response but if you'd like to analyze it:

Why would LA want to take on Carmelo without a guarantee that he'd commit long term? That's number one. You'd need to get some sort of commitment that he'd sign an extension and even if you did, extension = $$$$$$$. A hell of a lot more $$$$$$$ than it would cost to keep Bynum and Walton on the books beyond 2011. On top of that, you wanna add Okafor's contract to LA's payroll? Four years at an average of about 13 mil/yr? Really? You also fail to consider the fact that Melo's game totally throws things out of whack as far as lineups are concerned. You move Artest to the bench (because there's no way in hell Melo takes on the role of 6th man) and put ANOTHER guy on the floor who likes to do his work in the low post. Things are crowded enough down there as it is with Pau, Drew (now Okafor), oftentimes Kobe and sometimes Lamar down on the box. We saw how Artest barley got any time in the low post last year and you wanna insert Carmelo into the lineup? Don't even suggest using him as a 3 point threat. Guy shot 31.6% from three last year and is 30.8% from range for his career. Might as well trade Matt Barnes too now seeing as he'll never see any time on the floor with Melo and Artest in front of him. He doesn't exactly strike me as the type to b**ch about limited minutes, but I could see him making waves if he got NO minutes. Honestly I'd expect you to know better seeing as you've:

As far as the Hornets "saving money by taking on Nene" as you suggested? How? Nene makes almost the same amount of money as Okafor. His contract may be two years shorter, but what kind of message does it send Paul when you trade for a smaller contract? Not only that, why would they be inclined to make a long-term cost cutting measure when they just decided to dump Collison's rookie deal and stick with Paul, and when they just shifted Posey's two year contract for Trevor's remaining four years? Does that move at all suggest to you that the franchise's biggest concern is cutting salary? It was a few months ago, but when they made the decision to commit to CP3 that line of thinking went right out window. Cost cutting is not in the Hornets' plan at the moment, as least not for the next two years. Honestly I'd expect you to know better seeing as you've:

Now as for you suggesting that the Nuggets would be willing to take on Drew, Sasha's expiring and Luke? Well the fact that you even suggested Luke in your trade is what solidified my belief that you had absolutely no idea what you were proposing or that you had no regard for your proposal resembling anything even remotely close to what one could call "realistic". I mean suggesting Luke's contract in a trade with his injury status up in the air? Honestly I'd expect you to know better seeing as you've:

therealdeal wrote:Does having the money to attend more games than others make you better fan? Or any more knowledgable about trades than others?

Hey, hey, hey, he's been here from "the start." You can't criticize anyone who's been a fan since the "1946 Detroit Gems" days. j/k :man10: :man10: :man10:

bruddahmanmatt just wrapped it up.

/thread

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby BostonSucks on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Unless LA wants to trade Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom two of the best players at their respective positions talentwise for a one dimensional allstar, not superstar in Carmelo Anthony, who hasn't played well enough under pressure and hasn't won anything even when he played with two of the better PG's in the last 10 years or so in Allen Iverson and Chauncey Billups. Carmelo is all offense, no defense.

We already have enough offensive weapons on this team with Kobe who can score 40 on a given night, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom who can all go 20 & 10 on a given night and Ron Artest who can score 20 (See game 7 of the 2010 Finals.) and stop a guy from getting 20 points. (Shut down two elite scorers in Kevin Durant and Paul Pierce in 2010 playoffs.)

Lakers just won back to back championships and with the additions of Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, and Theo Ratliff now have the deepest and most talented team in the NBA.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No way I do that deal.
BostonSucks

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 pm

vaheblings wrote:People who know me know me, thats all i'm gonna say. I'm not gonna respond to you anymore, i don't need to give u more fame than i already did. Peace Out lil' boy!

Yeah, you sure showed me. :man10: :man10: :man10:

You go girl!
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby vaheblings on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 pm

I almost had the right offer lollll back in August
vaheblings

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas