M Cupcake is giving away good talent for cheap

Re: Sorry about the Q instead of K but I meant the Cupcake

Postby FutureLakerGM on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:04 pm

coolingwater921 wrote:
FutureLakerGM wrote:
coolingwater921 wrote:
Lakeshow24 wrote:
coolingwater921 wrote:
Lakeshow24 wrote:This is one of the funniest threads ever! Q Brown, Mike Cupcake, and then the guy thinks it's easy to land Kidd, Boozer, and Artest? To be alongside Kobe, Odom, and Bynum? And Kwame? :man10:

If you're not savy enough to know I meant to spell Cupcake for Mitch's last name your cred is the one in question. As far as the Q instead of the K that was a boo boo. Get over it and man up to the fact we need to get more bang for the talent we trade.
Stick to the issue, M. Cupcake needs to stop giving away good talent for injured and weak talent. :mad1:

First of all, you're giving yourself way too much credit. You referred to Mitch Kupchak as Mike Cupcake. Now, it would have been slightly funny had you not called him Mike as well. Second off, your repetitive usage of the letter Q is hilarious. You didn't realize something was up when your pinky finger kept stretching out to that Q? I mean, seriously, who uses the letter Q that often? Third off, your trade scenario is unbelievably stacked in favor of the Lakers. Nobody trades that way. You don't get Kidd, Odom, Kobe, Boozer, Artest, Bynum, and Kwame. Too many big names; it just isn't realistic at all. :man10:

I don't think it's unreasonalbe to get Kidd, Kobe, Boozer, Artest, K. Brown, and Odom. Look at the big names in Miami: Shaq, Wade, Morning, Patton, E Jones, J Williams, and a couple others.
Big name in Detroit: Webber, Billups, R Wallace, R Hamilton, and couple other really good players.
Our team is the LA Lakers and LA is the land of Legends. If these teams can get older vets with great talent and some great young names to play for them, it is not unlikely that the Lakers cannot do the same.
The Lakers need a good salesman in the GM spot, not a Cupcake who gives good talent away cheap.
Even Houston has MacGrady, Ming, Mutombo, J Howard, and some other great young guys.
We can do much better with the Lakers. We have some really great pieces and all we need is few more to add size, toughness, experience and J Kidd as the floor general. We don't have enough older vets on the LA squad this year. The old guys bring experience, calmness and wisdom to the younger players. On our Championship teams in 2000, 01, 02 we had some older veterans on the squad( Harper, Grant, Green, Horry) with Shaq and Kobe. We need some now and always to get to the next level. Older guys are cheap so salary is not an issuee. Add that to a team 7 or 8 younger players with quickness, and passion for the game then you have a Championship team.

Ok so now we'll play a game, you're MIKE CUPCAKE (LOL) and you send Shaq to Indiana, Lets see how we get this line up of?

\\ Kidd, Kobe, Boozer, Artest, K. Brown, and Odom. Because you said " don't think it's unreasonalbe to get Kidd, Kobe, Boozer, Artest, K. Brown, and Odom."

1) Odom we aquired him through the trade for Shaq, in your case you're sending Shaq to Indiana. Odom would not be in this line-up

2) Kwame or (Qwame in your case) We had to trade for Kwame via Caron Butler, again this wouldn't happen because Shaq went to Indiana remember?

3) I don't know how you ended up with Boozer? remember he bolted from the cavs for more "money" Lakers would of only been able to offer him MLE, You called Caron an injury prone forward, isn't Boozer worse? but they are both all-stars this year

4) Right now we're offering Kwame, Farmer etc for Kidd .. The trade you made to Indiana, would of ruled this out .. Even at that the Nets are still mulling at the idea of this.

5) Why would you sign Pippen? Yea he was good in his prime, he's 41 and hasn't played in the NBA for years. It might be a good idea now, since Mr. Vlad decided to fall on the ice. Now we're short at SF

Try buying NBA Live 04 or something and see if this pans out for you, Mitch is not doing a great job but hey aleast we didn't keep Shaun Livingston and gave up a chance on Iverson.

Life must have been pretty rough for you being so small and all.
Just keep repeating this " I am loved, I am loved and I am important."
You are sweating small stuff and normally small people do that.
Grow up and get over your it. Your stuck on a Q and a Cupcake - How mature is that? :man6:
I am not dealing with the Shaq trade now. We brought it up to show a pattern of giving away good talent cheap. That is the title of this post thread. Stay with us :bang: We are talking about M Cupcake giving away great players for cheap and we don't want Him to continue.

I've already talked about how I would try to get Kidd. How would I get Boozer and Artest? I would pick up the phone and call their Agents. You know those two guys don't like Utah and Sacremento(cow town). I would sell them on living in LA and ask them to come be apart of a Championship Organization. I would sell LA and sell them my plan to bring other great players to LA. They could tell their teams they want to be traded to LA or wait to be signed as free agents.
As a GM your job is to sell your franchise to the players you think would fit into your vision for a Championship team. The question is...........Does M. Cupcake have a vision for LA or is he running this day by day?

I'm stuck on a Q and a Cupcake? I mentioned it once, get over yourself. Some BS Laker dream team of yours. No matter how much you believe that you can convince Ron or Boozer to come to LA, money talks. You're saying the same S*** as those dreamers who are telling me Garnett would opt out of his contract (50 Million the next two years) to play for a contender. Now you're saying you can convince Ron and Boozer to come for a MLE and Vet Min?
FutureLakerGM

Re: M Cupcake is giving away good talent for cheap

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:11 pm

coolingwater921 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:Yeah, we just had so many much better offers for Shaq. Face it, we were pigeon holed. We had to trade Shaq quickly, and he held all the cards, becuase teams wouldn't trade for him if he wasn't willing to re-sign. So two years go by, Miami did get a title (thanks mostly to Wade and some shady officiating), which saves that deal for them. They got a title it was worth it. But the fact of the matter is they owe Shaq $80 million over the next 4 years (including this one) and...

Lamar Odom This Season:
16.6 points, 9.4 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.6 blocks. Played in 33 games

Shaq this season:
13.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 0.3 steals, 1.8 blocks. Played in 13 games

Looks like injury prone Odom is outperforming Shaq on his own, for half the price, and being 8 years younger. With each year that passes that deal becomes better and better for us. And for what its worth Odom has missed 32 less games than Shaq over the past two and a half seasons.

BTW since your so high on Farmar, you should note that he was drafted with a pick from that Shaq trade. And we turned Caron Butler into Kwame Brown, a wild card type manuever. But Kwame and Farmar may wind up being the two pieces that land us Jason Kidd. So in essence we received Odom and Kidd for Shaq if that went down. So what are you complaining about?

I'm for signing Pippen because we have some useless players on our roster, his leadership could help. But I don't think he can provide us much more than that. Scottie was done on a crappy Bulls team several years ago before he retired. You think that sitting at home doing nothing but aging has made him a better player in the past few years?

Fat chance of getting Boozer now. We had our chance a couple of seasons ago and it fell through. He's playing like an MVP candidate this season, we don't have the pieces to trade for him unless it involved Bynum.

Ron Artest would help us the same way he helped Indiana and Sacramento. He would give them a false sense of hope, and then implode on them, splitting the team apart and then being traded away for less than face value.

JC in regard to S Pippen I agree with you totally. That is what we need in LA, older veterans that can bring leadership, experience, poise, crediblity, and wisdom the team. As far as getting older players to come to LA- what seasoned veteran would not want to live in Hollywood and live the life of a pampered NBA player? LA has always had great players because LA is an easy sale. That is why Shaq left Orlando to come to LA and Why Kobe left Charlotte to come to LA- Jerry West sold them on the Lakers franchise and Life in LA. That is my problem with M Cupcake business transactions thus far. LA has been coming up on the shorter end and that must stop. We are not some small time franchise in the fridged wilderness. LA has the best weather, best known franchise and brightest stars. Older veterans are cheaper than the younger guys and we don't have one big name veteran (35 to 43) on the team. We have Kobe but he needs some experienced players around him and the team. The nucleus of the Lakers should always be younger very talented players but they should be surrounded by a few veterans each and every year. Look at what Kareem has done for Bynum. Bynum has greatly improved and is confidence as a dominant center is growing each game. I will answer the couple of synics we have now, No Kareem should not suit up. Just having him around to help the younger big men is great. Kareem should also be working with K. Brown as well as Bynum unless the Lakers know K. Brown will be history soon. It's great to have one player trained by Kareem but imagine if we had two or three.
As far as the Shaq trade being fair. Come on! Shaq brings both size, talent, and many intangible leadership skills. The players in the League both fear and respect Shaq. Look how C. Barkley kisses Shaq's butt on TNT's inside the NBA. That's one player Barkley will not attack like he does so many others. If Barkley fears Shaq you know the other players in the league do. The players around Shaq feed off him and adopt his personality. I mean honestly, would you feel good going to battle each night with that big mother on your team in the paint? So Heck no, the Shaq trade was not for equal value no matter how you slice it. If we could'nt have sent he him to Indy, that's Ok, we just would have had to keep shopping until we found a deal that favors LA.
That's why I say Pat riley punked M Cupcake in the Shaq trade. Riley was salavating for a player like Shaq. We could have gotten much more for Him. I say size for size, talent for talent, and so on. If we gave Miami the most dominant player in the NBA we should have gotten Morning, Wade, Odom, and a first round draft pick. Wade could have been traded for Bibby or Kidd later.
Hind sight is 20/20 but we must not let this habit of giving away good talent cheap continue. This must stop if we are going be back in the hunt for a title.

Shaq is long gone. Move on, and let's deal with the present, the current situation. I wouldn't trade Odom for any player in the NBA other than Kevin Garnett. Nobody else. If that can't be done, I'm keeping Odom.

As far as this Kwame Brown/Jason Kidd scenario goes, I think we shouldn't bite. Suck it up, the Lakers aren't going to win the championship this year. We're stuck with the team we have. Let's make a move for Pippen, let's try to make moves for other point guards.

I'd like to see the Lakers focus on adding defense to the mix. Bring Pippen in here, make a move for a guy like Earl Watson from Seattle. Earl will come here and play some defense. I'd also like to see the Lakers bring in a bigger guard, so either Sasha Vujacic or Smush Parker have to be moved. I kinda like them both, and would probably trade Sasha over Smush just because Smush picks up sneaky steals and is a world-class finisher around the basket (when he gets there).

NJ is asking too much for Kidd. If they won't take Kwame for him, they can keep Kidd. Sure, I'd love to have Kidd here, but not at the cost of Farmar, Kwame, Mihm, draft picks, etc,. No thanks, it's not like Kwame is making 20 mill. Kidd makes more than Kobe in salary.

The Lakers should try to move Mihm, and Sasha Vujacic, for an Earl Watson. If Seattle hardlines the Lakers for some young talent, I'll toss Farmar in the mix so long as the Lakers get Earl Watson and a mobile small forward who can actually shoot the rock with some consistency. I'd also like to pick up Pippen and Doug Christie off their couches, because they'd be cheap, they're tall, and they are veterans.
Lakeshow24

Postby Larry14r on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:01 pm

coolingwater921 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:Yeah, we just had so many much better offers for Shaq. Face it, we were pigeon holed. We had to trade Shaq quickly, and he held all the cards, becuase teams wouldn't trade for him if he wasn't willing to re-sign. So two years go by, Miami did get a title (thanks mostly to Wade and some shady officiating), which saves that deal for them. They got a title it was worth it. But the fact of the matter is they owe Shaq $80 million over the next 4 years (including this one) and...

Lamar Odom This Season:
16.6 points, 9.4 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.6 blocks. Played in 33 games

Shaq this season:
13.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 0.3 steals, 1.8 blocks. Played in 13 games

Looks like injury prone Odom is outperforming Shaq on his own, for half the price, and being 8 years younger. With each year that passes that deal becomes better and better for us. And for what its worth Odom has missed 32 less games than Shaq over the past two and a half seasons.

BTW since your so high on Farmar, you should note that he was drafted with a pick from that Shaq trade. And we turned Caron Butler into Kwame Brown, a wild card type manuever. But Kwame and Farmar may wind up being the two pieces that land us Jason Kidd. So in essence we received Odom and Kidd for Shaq if that went down. So what are you complaining about?

I'm for signing Pippen because we have some useless players on our roster, his leadership could help. But I don't think he can provide us much more than that. Scottie was done on a crappy Bulls team several years ago before he retired. You think that sitting at home doing nothing but aging has made him a better player in the past few years?

Fat chance of getting Boozer now. We had our chance a couple of seasons ago and it fell through. He's playing like an MVP candidate this season, we don't have the pieces to trade for him unless it involved Bynum.

Ron Artest would help us the same way he helped Indiana and Sacramento. He would give them a false sense of hope, and then implode on them, splitting the team apart and then being traded away for less than face value.

JC in regard to S Pippen I agree with you totally. That is what we need in LA, older veterans that can bring leadership, experience, poise, crediblity, and wisdom the team. As far as getting older players to come to LA- what seasoned veteran would not want to live in Hollywood and live the life of a pampered NBA player? LA has always had great players because LA is an easy sale. That is why Shaq left Orlando to come to LA and Why Kobe left Charlotte to come to LA- Jerry West sold them on the Lakers franchise and Life in LA. That is my problem with M Cupcake business transactions thus far. LA has been coming up on the shorter end and that must stop. We are not some small time franchise in the fridged wilderness. LA has the best weather, best known franchise and brightest stars. Older veterans are cheaper than the younger guys and we don't have one big name veteran (35 to 43) on the team. We have Kobe but he needs some experienced players around him and the team. The nucleus of the Lakers should always be younger very talented players but they should be surrounded by a few veterans each and every year. Look at what Kareem has done for Bynum. Bynum has greatly improved and is confidence as a dominant center is growing each game. I will answer the couple of synics we have now, No Kareem should not suit up. Just having him around to help the younger big men is great. Kareem should also be working with K. Brown as well as Bynum unless the Lakers know K. Brown will be history soon. It's great to have one player trained by Kareem but imagine if we had two or three.
As far as the Shaq trade being fair. Come on! Shaq brings both size, talent, and many intangible leadership skills. The players in the League both fear and respect Shaq. Look how C. Barkley kisses Shaq's butt on TNT's inside the NBA. That's one player Barkley will not attack like he does so many others. If Barkley fears Shaq you know the other players in the league do. The players around Shaq feed off him and adopt his personality. I mean honestly, would you feel good going to battle each night with that big mother on your team in the paint? So Heck no, the Shaq trade was not for equal value no matter how you slice it. If we could'nt have sent he him to Indy, that's Ok, we just would have had to keep shopping until we found a deal that favors LA.
That's why I say Pat riley punked M Cupcake in the Shaq trade. Riley was salavating for a player like Shaq. We could have gotten much more for Him. I say size for size, talent for talent, and so on. If we gave Miami the most dominant player in the NBA we should have gotten Morning, Wade, Odom, and a first round draft pick. Wade could have been traded for Bibby or Kidd later.
Hind sight is 20/20 but we must not let this habit of giving away good talent cheap continue. This must stop if we are going be back in the hunt for a title.

Morning was not in Miami at that time, and we had no choice Shaq want to go to Miami so we gave him his wish especially was running out to get Kobe back or we lose him to the Clippers, and the last you to see is that Clippers going after a title well tell you the truth Shaq will be in Miami anyways no matter what happens to Kobe, and besides anyone wanted a Clipper-Heat final last year. By the way no team wants to help the Lakers anyways, and truth is Mitch doesn't like some of the fans who can't see reality of the salary cap, and we can't whatever we want.
Larry14r

Mitch should do this

Postby ObiWanKobe on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:03 pm

Orlando Magic

Incoming Players

Vince Carter
Salary: $15,101,626 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 24.7 REB: 5.7 AST: 4.5 PER: 21.43

Dan Dickau
Salary: $2,753,218 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.0 REB: 0.6 AST: 1.1 PER: 10.86

Brian Cook
Salary: $1,817,141 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 6.9 REB: 3.3 AST: 1.2 PER: 16.37

Smush Parker
Salary: $798,112 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 11.6 REB: 2.5 AST: 2.4 PER: 11.69

Outgoing Players: Grant Hill, J.J. Redick, Darko Milicic

Portland Trail Blazers

Incoming Players

Grant Hill
Salary: $16,901,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 14.8 REB: 4.1 AST: 2.4 PER: 17.85

Outgoing Players: Dan Dickau, Zach Randolph

New Jersey Nets

Incoming Players

Chris Mihm
Salary: $4,214,241 Years Remaining: 1

Aaron McKie
Salary: $2,500,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 0.0 REB: 0.0 AST: 0.0 PER: -10.89

Jordan Farmar
Salary: $939,120 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.3 REB: 1.6 AST: 2.1 PER: 12.27

Zach Randolph
Salary: $12,000,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 24.0 REB: 10.2 AST: 1.9 PER: 23.11

Kwame Brown
Salary: $8,287,500 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 8.7 REB: 6.6 AST: 2.0 PER: 14.94

Shammond Williams
Salary: $1,750,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 0.5 REB: 0.7 AST: 0.6 PER: 1.92

Outgoing Players: Vince Carter, Jason Kidd

Los Angeles Lakers

Incoming Players

J.J. Redick
Salary: $1,860,720 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 6.4 REB: 1.2 AST: 0.9 PER: 13.51

Darko Milicic
Salary: $5,218,622 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.2 REB: 5.3 AST: 1.1 PER: 13.67

Jason Kidd
Salary: $18,084,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 14.3 REB: 8.0 AST: 8.7 PER: 20.53

Outgoing Players: Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Aaron McKie, Jordan Farmar, Kwame Brown, Shammond Williams, Smush Parker
ObiWanKobe

Re: Mitch should do this

Postby coolingwater921 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:19 pm

ObiWanKobe wrote:Orlando Magic

Incoming Players

Vince Carter
Salary: $15,101,626 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 24.7 REB: 5.7 AST: 4.5 PER: 21.43

Dan Dickau
Salary: $2,753,218 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.0 REB: 0.6 AST: 1.1 PER: 10.86

Brian Cook
Salary: $1,817,141 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 6.9 REB: 3.3 AST: 1.2 PER: 16.37

Smush Parker
Salary: $798,112 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 11.6 REB: 2.5 AST: 2.4 PER: 11.69

Outgoing Players: Grant Hill, J.J. Redick, Darko Milicic

Portland Trail Blazers

Incoming Players

Grant Hill
Salary: $16,901,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 14.8 REB: 4.1 AST: 2.4 PER: 17.85

Outgoing Players: Dan Dickau, Zach Randolph

New Jersey Nets

Incoming Players

Chris Mihm
Salary: $4,214,241 Years Remaining: 1

Aaron McKie
Salary: $2,500,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 0.0 REB: 0.0 AST: 0.0 PER: -10.89

Jordan Farmar
Salary: $939,120 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.3 REB: 1.6 AST: 2.1 PER: 12.27

Zach Randolph
Salary: $12,000,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 24.0 REB: 10.2 AST: 1.9 PER: 23.11

Kwame Brown
Salary: $8,287,500 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 8.7 REB: 6.6 AST: 2.0 PER: 14.94

Shammond Williams
Salary: $1,750,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 0.5 REB: 0.7 AST: 0.6 PER: 1.92

Outgoing Players: Vince Carter, Jason Kidd

Los Angeles Lakers

Incoming Players

J.J. Redick
Salary: $1,860,720 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 6.4 REB: 1.2 AST: 0.9 PER: 13.51

Darko Milicic
Salary: $5,218,622 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.2 REB: 5.3 AST: 1.1 PER: 13.67

Jason Kidd
Salary: $18,084,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 14.3 REB: 8.0 AST: 8.7 PER: 20.53

Outgoing Players: Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Aaron McKie, Jordan Farmar, Kwame Brown, Shammond Williams, Smush Parker

Not a bad plan. I think that farmar will be far-more than people think right now. He reminds me of a young Kidd or M Bibby. I do hate to give up Kwame for unless we could trade him for more size in the paint. Other than that I think your plan may work. Honesty I think farmar is far-better than Smush. There have been times that I know we could have won the game if Phil had stuck with Farmar over Smush. Farmar makes better decisions than Smush and Farmar seems to be great at contol other gaurds defensively too.
coolingwater921

Why doesn't Mitch bring in more Free Agents???

Postby coolingwater921 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:06 pm

Guys I see other teams sign great free agents but why is it Mitch can't seem to get great free agents to come to LA. He did get Vlady and Radmonvic but that's it. If that is all he can get out of a league of great players you know the Lakers are in a deep fix. Detroit's team 1st turned around when they added Rasheed Wallace and now they've done it again by adding Webber.
coolingwater921

Re: Why doesn't Mitch bring in more Free Agents???

Postby Paul on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:52 pm

coolingwater921 wrote:Guys I see other teams sign great free agents but why is it Mitch can't seem to get great free agents to come to LA. He did get Vlady and Radmonvic but that's it. If that is all he can get out of a league of great players you know the Lakers are in a deep fix. Detroit's team 1st turned around when they added Rasheed Wallace and now they've done it again by adding Webber.

Again, it aint that easy to get Superstars or good players, that we didnt got Webber is cause HE picked Detroit and not us, this is not our fault, it was Webbers pick to go to Detroit.
Paul
Clublakers Rep: Germany/Poland

Postby FutureLakerGM on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:54 pm

coolingwater921 wrote:Guys I see other teams sign great free agents but why is it Mitch can't seem to get great free agents to come to LA. He did get Vlady and Radmonvic but that's it. If that is all he can get out of a league of great players you know the Lakers are in a deep fix. Detroit's team 1st turned around when they added Rasheed Wallace and now they've done it again by adding Webber.

I hope that's a typo
FutureLakerGM

Postby coolingwater921 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:41 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:
coolingwater921 wrote:

Lamar Odom This Season:

Shaq this season:

Shaq is long gone. Move on, and let's deal with the present, the current situation. I wouldn't trade Odom for any player in the NBA other than Kevin Garnett. Nobody else. If that can't be done, I'm keeping Odom.

As far as this Kwame Brown/Jason Kidd scenario goes, I think we shouldn't bite. Suck it up, the Lakers aren't going to win the championship this year. We're stuck with the team we have. Let's make a move for Pippen, let's try to make moves for other point guards.

I'd like to see the Lakers focus on adding defense to the mix. Bring Pippen in here, make a move for a guy like Earl Watson from Seattle. Earl will come here and play some defense. I'd also like to see the Lakers bring in a bigger guard, so either Sasha Vujacic or Smush Parker have to be moved. I kinda like them both, and would probably trade Sasha over Smush just because Smush picks up sneaky steals and is a world-class finisher around the basket (when he gets there).

NJ is asking too much for Kidd. If they won't take Kwame for him, they can keep Kidd. Sure, I'd love to have Kidd here, but not at the cost of Farmar, Kwame, Mihm, draft picks, etc,. No thanks, it's not like Kwame is making 20 mill. Kidd makes more than Kobe in salary.

The Lakers should try to move Mihm, and Sasha Vujacic, for an Earl Watson. If Seattle hardlines the Lakers for some young talent, I'll toss Farmar in the mix so long as the Lakers get Earl Watson and a mobile small forward who can actually shoot the rock with some consistency. I'd also like to pick up Pippen and Doug Christie off their couches, because they'd be cheap, they're tall, and they are veterans.

Trust me I have moved on from the Shaq trade. We just brought it up to show at pattern of giving away good talent at wholesale and it needs to stop. We agree that NJ wanted to much for Kidd. I have to give Mitch credit for standing his ground on this one or Jimmy Buss credit who I think is the one who is taking over this team soon. NJ must have thought they could Punk Mitch like Pat Riley did. Thanks God they failed! We need to look for more great free agents in the off-season for sure, not just this year every year. Free agents have always been how LA has gotten the best of the best in years past, let stick to what has been working.
By the way I like Pippen and Doug Christie in LA for the same reasons!
coolingwater921

Postby coolingwater921 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:31 pm

FutureLakerGM wrote:

I hope that's a typo

There you go again showing how small you are again. This is not a newpaper and you are not an editor. Grow some more and then come back and join us. :jam2:
What did we say last time: Repeat this, I am love, I am love, and I am I important.

Maybe building your self-esteem will help you not be so judgemental.
coolingwater921

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:33 pm

coolingwater921 wrote:
FutureLakerGM wrote:

I hope that's a typo

There you go again showing how small you are again. This is not a newpaper and you are not an editor. Grow some more and then come back and join us. :jam2:
What did we say last time: Repeat this, I am love, I am love, and I am I important.

Well, not to nitpick here. But if you're going to make an argument, you have to establish credibility for yourself. If you call Mitch Kupchak "Mike Cupcake", Kwame Brown "Q Brown" and refer to Vladimir Radmanovic as two different people... it just makes you look like you don't know these people. And if you don't know these people, you don't know the Lakers, and therefore you don't know what you're talking about.

We're still giving you the benefit of the doubt that you make countless careless typos, but...
Lakeshow24

Postby coolingwater921 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:43 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:
coolingwater921 wrote:
FutureLakerGM wrote:

I hope that's a typo

Well, not to nitpick here. But if you're going to make an argument, you have to establish credibility for yourself. If you call Mitch Kupchak "Mike Cupcake", Kwame Brown "Q Brown" and refer to Vladimir Radmanovic as two different people... it just makes you look like you don't know these people. And if you don't know these people, you don't know the Lakers, and therefore you don't know what you're talking about.

We're still giving you the benefit of the doubt that you make countless careless typos, but...

Wow you really are small, I bet that becomes a real problem at times huh.
:man6: Any nit-wit could see I was talking about Vladi Divac, and Radmonoivic when I mentioned the only two Free agent LA has gotten recently with any real name recognition. I can't help you with your smallness but I can help you grow up a little. Breath deep..........are you ready? Ok now let's try this again: I am loved, I am loved, and I am important. :man1: Say that about a 1000 more times and maybe you be mature enough to stop judging the people here on what they supposedly miss spell. Don't be so negative there is a lot more right here you could look at if you choose to do so.
I am not upset with you. Lakeshow, for all I know you may be the nicest guy on the planet. No hard feelings, I just want you to move on from being our post editor and our neighborhood Hell raiser. Remember I said Vlady and Radmonivic and you jumped the gun instead of thinking that oh yeah Vladi Divac and Radmonivic are two seperate people.
Love is a beautiful thing,
I forgive you son. :jam2:

coolingwater
coolingwater921

Postby coolingwater921 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:00 pm

Paul wrote:

Again, it aint that easy to get Superstars or good players, that we didnt got Webber is cause HE picked Detroit and not us, this is not our fault, it was Webbers pick to go to Detroit.

Paul in Germany, I agree with you in that it's not easy to get good free agents but it's even Harder to win a title and that is our goal. Since our goal is to get back to being World Champs we have to do what isn't easy. Face it, if recruiting good talent was easy anyone could be a GM and any team could win a title. The reason I brought this up is because I want Mitch and the Lakers front office as a whole to do a better job in going hard after very talented free agents. Mitch is doing an OK job or maybe a sub par job but in Lakerland that just will not cut it :man8: A great GM is personified in Jerry West but he is gone to Memphis. What made him great was J West was a salesman and a man that new Championship talent when he saw it. Mitch could become that type of GM but it takes being a good salesman and serious recruiter for your Franchise. Mitch may have some of that but I hope he gets more of it and gets it soon.
I hope Mitch improves because I don't want to see him leave the lakers, only improve his trading moves and free agent recruitment.
By the way Paul, I thing Germany is a great Country and hopefully one day I'll be able to visit.

coolingwater921
coolingwater921

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:27 pm

coolingwater921 wrote:
Lakeshow24 wrote:
coolingwater921 wrote:
FutureLakerGM wrote:

I hope that's a typo

Wow you really are small, I bet that becomes a real problem at times huh.
:man6: Any nit-wit could see I was talking about Vladi Divac, and Radmonoivic when I mentioned the only two Free agent LA has gotten recently with any real name recognition. I can't help you with your smallness but I can help you grow up a little. Breath deep..........are you ready? Ok now let's try this again: I am loved, I am loved, and I am important. :man1: Say that about a 1000 more times and maybe you be mature enough to stop judging the people here on what they supposedly miss spell. Don't be so negative there is a lot more right here you could look at if you choose to do so.
I am not upset with you. Lakeshow, for all I know you may be the nicest guy on the planet. No hard feelings, I just want you to move on from being our post editor and our neighborhood Hell raiser. Remember I said Vlady and Radmonivic and you jumped the gun instead of thinking that oh yeah Vladi Divac and Radmonivic are two seperate people.
Love is a beautiful thing,
I forgive you son. :jam2:

coolingwater

But if people can't understand what you are saying... that's a problem!!! Vlady??? :man10:
Lakeshow24

Phil makes a move for Pippen?

Postby coolingwater921 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:09 am

Ladies and Gents Phil Jackson is rumored to be making a move to get Scottie Pippen to come to LA. If this is true I hope it happens soon and S Pippen ends up a Laker for at least 2 or 3 yrs. Phil seems to know that the Lakers need the leadership of veterans like we had on our other Championship teams. Players like Ron Harper, Grant, A C Green and others really helped the Lakers even though they didn't play long minutes. They gave the Lakers poise, credibility, leadership, and wisdom. Hopefully the Phil will always keep 2 or 3 talented veterans on the team to bring balance to the younger guys.
coolingwater921

Thanks Mitch for not letting NJ rob us of Bynum and Farmar

Postby coolingwater921 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:29 am

Farmar is a major difference in the Lakers this year. Farmar is going to be great in a couple of years he should not be traded for any reason. If Phil would play Farmar more we would win more. Smush is great and has some nice moves but Farmar is a very smart and poised point gaurd. Farmar has lots of heart and he is not scary at war time. Phil needs to give Cookie and Farmar way more play time than he does. Phil is very methodical in his approach to the game. He doesn't like to go with younger guys to often and to much. I think that why Kobe and Phil had problems in the Shaq and Kobe era. Kobe was the younger guy and Phil like to stick with the more experienced players. It was nothing against Kobe is just Phil methodical approach to the game. Having said that Farmar is being over shadowed by Smush right now and Phil needs to give him more playtime. Farmar, Bynum and Cookie should not be traded by no means unless we have a chance for 2 to 3 great players to replace them. Not one great but 2 to 3 greats for these guys. In my opinion Farmar, Bynum, Cookie, Kobe, Walton and Odom should be the players that we keep for good. Kwame could be in that group but I'm not sure he is as dedicated to the game as he should be. I hope this guy gets it together he and Bynum could be another version of the Twin Towers but in LA.

Coolingwater
coolingwater921

Postby Jajwa on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:40 am

See I think Farmar could be a very point guard, but great? He isn't quite Nash as far as his skill-set goes so he can't get away without good D (it's alright honestly, it'll be average as far as starter's go or a little better). His shot isn't anything amazing, so how is he going to be great?

He's a great pick though for the 26th overall though. Go back and look at previous drafts and who teams got there. After around the lottery the players in the draft really get bad usually and if we get a starting point out of Farmar, wohoooo....
Jajwa

I think Farmar is better than what we have now

Postby coolingwater921 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Jajwa wrote:See I think Farmar could be a very point guard, but great? He isn't quite Nash as far as his skill-set goes so he can't get away without good D (it's alright honestly, it'll be average as far as starter's go or a little better). His shot isn't anything amazing, so how is he going to be great?

He's a great pick though for the 26th overall though. Go back and look at previous drafts and who teams got there. After around the lottery the players in the draft really get bad usually and if we get a starting point out of Farmar, wohoooo....

Some players that where 2nd round lottery picks have turned out to be pretty good. Someone let me know what place was Derick Fisher taken in his draft year?
Consider who we currently have at the point guard position. Smush is good but I don't even know if he was drafted at all. I think Smush came to us from an expansion league or something. 26th in the draft is not to bad, after all he was a first round draft pick. Think about it this way out off all the players eligible Farmar was a steal for the 26th pick. I think Jersey wanted Farmar and Bynum. That means that they thought he was a pretty good point guard and I do agree. If you call M Bibby great then Farmar will be great. Farmar has a very nice drive and dish game. He also has a great stop and pop jumper. Not to mention his awesome floor vision. If Phil uses Farmer and Cook more our wins will began to be more frequent. I agree with you Farmar is not on Nash's level yet but he we did beat Pheonix this year and Farmar didn't look to shabby in that game. The lakers have a good and loyal player in Cook, he should be considered a part of the Laker family. He is 6'10, has a great 3 point shot, he can rebound, he is as smart as they come and he doesn't mind coming off the pine if need be. Every great team needs a few player like him. Cook reminds me of a young Robert Horry. The Lakers messed up when they gave up on Horry and I hope they don't repeat that mistake with Cook.

Coolingwater
coolingwater921

I agree, but since when did players start dictating to GM's?

Postby coolingwater921 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Paul wrote:You say we gave away Shaq for nothin and that we should have traded Shaq to f.e. Indiana for Jermaine, Psycho Artest and crap, sure i would do it, but Shaq wouldnt go to Indy to play with garbage, and if we would try to trade him to indy, he would just say that after one year he will opt out and be free agent, leave indy with nothin, so indy would never do it.

Think about this.

I agree with you but since when did players become in charge as to final destination of their trade? That should only happen in free agency. Now if Mitch wanted to work this out with Shaq He could have asked him what 5 to 7 teams would you perfer to be traded. Of those teams I would not make any promises to the player but I would try to find the team within those options that was willing to meet our terms and brings us the most bang for our time and money. Especially when you are trading Superstar talent. We are over that deal but for our future trades we should not let the player decide the 1 and only team they will player for. It is shocking that Shaq had the power to say, I am going to Miami Mitch so make the deal or else. If a player was that stubborn I am sure that David Stern would love to have his say in the matter. Really where the player goes is not the main issue. The issue is getting the most for the players we trade. We could have sent him to any team in the East as long as we got a deal that left LA in good position for a run at a title in a couple of years

coolingwater
coolingwater921

Re: Thanks Mitch for not letting NJ rob us of Bynum and Farm

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:03 pm

coolingwater921 wrote:Farmar is a major difference in the Lakers this year. Farmar is going to be great in a couple of years he should not be traded for any reason. If Phil would play Farmar more we would win more. Smush is great and has some nice moves but Farmar is a very smart and poised point gaurd. Farmar has lots of heart and he is not scary at war time. Phil needs to give Cookie and Farmar way more play time than he does. Phil is very methodical in his approach to the game. He doesn't like to go with younger guys to often and to much. I think that why Kobe and Phil had problems in the Shaq and Kobe era. Kobe was the younger guy and Phil like to stick with the more experienced players. It was nothing against Kobe is just Phil methodical approach to the game. Having said that Farmar is being over shadowed by Smush right now and Phil needs to give him more playtime. Farmar, Bynum and Cookie should not be traded by no means unless we have a chance for 2 to 3 great players to replace them. Not one great but 2 to 3 greats for these guys. In my opinion Farmar, Bynum, Cookie, Kobe, Walton and Odom should be the players that we keep for good. Kwame could be in that group but I'm not sure he is as dedicated to the game as he should be. I hope this guy gets it together he and Bynum could be another version of the Twin Towers but in LA.

Coolingwater

What have Brian Cook and Jordan Farmar done, in the NBA, to prove they are tradeable for a "GREAT" player? C'mon...
Lakeshow24

Postby coolingwater921 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:52 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:
coolingwater921 wrote:Farmar is a major difference in the Lakers this year. Farmar is going to be great in a couple of years he should not be traded for any reason. If Phil would play Farmar more we would win more. Smush is great and has some nice moves but Farmar is a very smart and poised point gaurd. Farmar has lots of heart and he is not scary at war time. Phil needs to give Cookie and Farmar way more play time than he does. Phil is very methodical in his approach to the game. He doesn't like to go with younger guys to often and to much. I think that why Kobe and Phil had problems in the Shaq and Kobe era. Kobe was the younger guy and Phil like to stick with the more experienced players. It was nothing against Kobe is just Phil methodical approach to the game. Having said that Farmar is being over shadowed by Smush right now and Phil needs to give him more playtime. Farmar, Bynum and Cookie should not be traded by no means unless we have a chance for 2 to 3 great players to replace them. Not one great but 2 to 3 greats for these guys. In my opinion Farmar, Bynum, Cookie, Kobe, Walton and Odom should be the players that we keep for good. Kwame could be in that group but I'm not sure he is as dedicated to the game as he should be. I hope this guy gets it together he and Bynum could be another version of the Twin Towers but in LA.

Coolingwater

What have Brian Cook and Jordan Farmar done, in the NBA, to prove they are tradeable for a "GREAT" player? C'mon...
\

Lakeshow, I think that Brian Cook (Cookie) and Farmar are really difference makers. Honestly when these two players play more the Lakers win more. When they play less the lakers lose more. Notice during our 6 game losing streak and losing 13 out of 16 overall, Cookie and Farmar hardly played. Especially when Cookie was really benched. Maybe it was because of the trade plans or something but it would be stupid to trade Cookie or Farmar. Since we had a better record at the time than the team we were going to send them to play for. That is a no no! The Lakers had one of best records in the League until they started benching Cookie and not letting Farmar shoulder the point more. Another player that the lakers is not using enough is the young and athletic Evans. Evans adds a little toughness to the backcourt and he is a good defender. Radmonovic is good but he should have never started ahead of Cookie. Radmonovic's shoulder problems has been a blessing to LA. Finally Phil was forced to put Cookie back in rotation more and we are winning more. Cookie should be a starter for LA right now. The lakers need to keep him as a complementary player to Kobe.
Phil's starting Line up should be:
Smush
Kobe
Cookie
Odom
Bynum
Players that should see high minutes are:
Farmar
Evans
Vuljacic
Turiaf because he plays with passion and heart.
Walton, Radmanovic and K. Brown when they heal

These players are great and I think that all the names above work well together in rotation and can beat any team in the League on any given night. They have already proved that.
Add two more skilled bigmen and a couple to veterans to LA and we can have a title next year. If this group all gets health they could make it to at least the West finals this year.

Clear the bench Mitch and Phil of the rest of your players. Add a couple of veterans (Scottie and ?) with one or two more big men and we can be back in the hunt for a title.
If I was going to pay someone 1 or 2 million to sit on my bench it would be a proven veteran that could help add poise to my young guys.
Last edited by coolingwater921 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coolingwater921

Postby 24/8Lakerfan on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:27 am

Tariff because he plays with passion and heart.

Tariff...hahaha. LMAO. :man10: I feel your pain Lakeshow24.
24/8Lakerfan

Postby High IQ on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:57 am

24/8Lakerfan wrote:
Tariff because he plays with passion and heart.

Tariff...hahaha. LMAO. :man10: I feel your pain Lakeshow24.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
how can the guy call himself a Lakers fan if he doesn't even know how to spell Lakers' players' names :man10: :man10:
High IQ

Postby Helljumper on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:23 am

None of you guys noticed Vulichic? :man10:
Helljumper

Postby High IQ on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:20 pm

Helljumper wrote:None of you guys noticed Vulichic? :man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
High IQ

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas