Dan Gadzuric

Dan Gadzuric

Postby Schizophrenic on Mon May 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Lakers: Offseason Primer

This article, which I'm sure you've all read by now, piqued my interest in Dan Gadzuric. I've never watched him play, 'cause, well, it's the Bucks. I'm posting this to see what the rest of you think/have observed about him, and if a trade is a realistic scenario. Here's what I've read about him:

Good:
Hard working
Good Rebounder
Athletic
Runs the floor
Shotblocker
Isn't going to demand the ball much

Bad:
No offense beyond dunks, layups, and putbacks.

What I'd like to know:
Durability (esp playing 35+ minutes)?
Bball Fundamentals (boxing out)?
Basketball IQ?
Man defense?
Team defense?
Hands?
Passing?
Ballhandling?
Intangibles?

If Pau/JO/KG comes to town, the Lakers will need another center, since it'll probably cost Kwame and/or Bynum. It seems to me that defense, rebounding, shotblocking, athleticism, mobility, durability and heart are what a person would want in a complimentary big.

Does this guy have all of them? Does someone else (who can be acquired) have more? Does Milwaukee want out from under his contract (long term MLE, $5.75m next year), seeing as how Bogut's replaced him in the lineup?

In short, do we want him and can we get him? Who are the better options? Looking at trades more than FA, since there's only one MLE and it probably needs to go to a PG.

Oh yeah, speaking of which, how's Charlie Bell's playmaking?
Schizophrenic

Postby Weezy on Mon May 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Don't want Dan Gadzuric. I'm tired of centers/power forwards who can't make a basket and look like they started playing ball in 12th grade. Can't dribble, isn't smart with the ball, can't shoot, no thanks. Give me a good big man like KG, JO, Gasol, or at least Magloire or don't bother.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Schizophrenic on Mon May 07, 2007 8:40 pm

That doesn't sound too good... There's two problems with Magloire though:

1) He's not exactly Carl Lewis. A lineup of Kobe, KG/JO, and defensive point guard like Charlie Bell is going to create lots of fast break opportunities. A center that just jogs down the court and just wants to play halfcourt isn't going to mesh too well with that.

2) He's a free agent, we only have one MLE, and a point guard needs to come from somewhere. Of course, we might trade for the PG and use the MLE for a center instead, but it's something to keep in mind.

So who's out there?
Schizophrenic

Postby lakersforthewin on Tue May 08, 2007 7:30 pm

I don't like the idea of Gads here doesn't provide sufficient offense to be a good C. Also we could split the MLE between Bell and Maglorie. 2-3 years each at 6 mil a year next year I believe.
lakersforthewin

Postby Alleyhoops on Tue May 08, 2007 11:03 pm

if mihm is healthy, we've already got a center that's superior to gadzuric. no thanks.
Alleyhoops

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed May 09, 2007 1:57 pm

Dan Gadzuric would be an excellent player, off the bench. Get in there and get some tenacity going. The Lakers team this year was absolutely ____SOFT!____ Gadzuric won't be bullied around, he'd be an infinite improvement over Kwame in terms of toughness. I'll take Gadzuric, but don't need to cough up players to get him. Get in there, throw some elbows, and knock Barbosa on his toosh the next time he comes in the paint for his third consecutive layup on three trips.
Lakeshow24

Postby 81Kobe on Sun May 20, 2007 11:13 am

Lakeshow24 wrote:Dan Gadzuric would be an excellent player, off the bench. Get in there and get some tenacity going. The Lakers team this year was absolutely ____SOFT!____ Gadzuric won't be bullied around, he'd be an infinite improvement over Kwame in terms of toughness. I'll take Gadzuric, but don't need to cough up players to get him. Get in there, throw some elbows, and knock Barbosa on his toosh the next time he comes in the paint for his third consecutive layup on three trips.

He is a post player who will give us offensive rebounds.
He definitely has the hops.
If we move both Bynum and Brown, we will only have 1 true center. We need 2.
81Kobe

Postby popo on Mon May 21, 2007 9:42 pm

he's still better than Mihm!!!!
popo

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas