A. Daniels to Portland means......could we land Jarrett Jack

A. Daniels to Portland means......could we land Jarrett Jack

Postby Jello Jiggler on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:16 pm

Hmm.....Found this tidbit rumor from members Mel Rose and AmoebaD from LG.net

This is what AmoebaD dug up regarding the PG situation in Portland. Jack is being discussed in the draft forum here http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=4528

Quote:
I am looking to find more info on Jack's status. He is on Portlands Summer League.
Does not look like that they have played him yet. Telfair is getting all the love.

Here it is, from the Oregonian:

(link)
Someone from the Oregonian wrote:
Revealing moment number two: J[a]rrett Jack didn’t play, but, if I’m not mistaken, was sitting on the bench. If that was Jack, he took part in every huddle. This has to be a good thing, yes?

Someone from the Oregonian wrote:
Rookie Jarrett Jack will not participate in the Las Vegas Summer League in order to allow his injured ankle to heal.


And... According to Portland fans on the Portland RealGM boards he hasn't been signed yet because "there is no need to sign him yet" purportedly because he's sitting out the summer league to "heal from his ankle injury":

(link to RealGM Portland board thread entitled "Why hasnt Jack signed?")

So... he is available in a trade right now, meaning because he isn't signed yet then if he were to be traded to some place like the Lakers (after July 22nd) they wouldn't have to wait until December to trade him because they haven't signed him yet.

---------------------------------

And some more on the need for a veteran point guard to back up Telfair:

(link)
Someone from the Oregonian wrote:
One of two point guards

The Blazers have only two point guards -- the 6-foot Telfair and 6-3 Jarrett Jack, the No. 22 pick in the June 28 draft who is sitting out summer league with a sore left ankle. They also are looking to add a veteran free agent that can push Telfair for the starting job.

"I haven't told anybody that they will start. And I won't," McMillan said. "The players make that decision. If you earn it, and you take it, I'm more than happy to allow you to play. But, no, we won't ink anybody in right now."

Nash said Telfair is "a 24-minute player right now. I think he has earned that much time, based on the success he's had. But that's not my decision to make. That's really Nate's."

The Blazers already have committed to an estimated $58 million in salary for next season. They assume that number will put them over the salary cap but under the tax threshold, which the NBA will set at a certain percentage above the cap once the new collective bargaining agreement is approved. How much room the Blazers have under the threshold will help determine how much the Blazers spend on free agents, because Nash insists Portland "will not be a tax team."

Telfair said he's ready for the challenge.

"In the NBA, everybody's competing for jobs," Telfair said. "I'm going to work hard. You know, I would love to be a starter, and that's what I'm going to focus on."

Notes:

How important is it for the Blazers to add a veteran point guard?

"I don't know, and the real reason I don't know is because I don't know what to expect from Jarrett Jack," Nash said.


And continued from the next page, page 4:

(link)
Someone from the Oregonian wrote:
"We don't want to take on a veteran who is going to stifle the development of Sebastian or Jarrett," Nash said. "On the other hand, we're one injury away from having Jarrett as our starting point guard. So, you've got to walk that fine line, and that's where Nate and I need to do some discussing." . . .

Hmmn... I'm thinking they're not really thinking of Jarrett as the starter now nor in the future.


:man4: :man4: :man4:

So bottom line: Maybe a bigger trade to get rid of our glut of expiring contracts (Sasha, George, Cook, Vlade, Grant, Medvedenko) by trading with Portland to get Patterson, Ratliff, and JARETT JACK.

Portland (from the clippings) would sign AD and we might get a younger version of AD in Jack.

Wow, possible lineup:

PG: Jack
SG: Bryant
SF: Odom
PF: Brown
C: Mihm

Bench: Patterson, Rattliff, Touriaf, Bynum, JJ, Walton, Smush Parker.

Just a little bit more of the pipe WILL make this happen!!!!!! :jam2: :man11:
<div><a><img>
<font><u>KoolAvatar.com</u></font></a>
Jello Jiggler

 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:25 am
Location: So Cal

Postby JbOi112 on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:23 pm

Never saw it that way, but good wishful thinking though. For some reason though, I personally would like AD over Jack... I guess Experience > Potential? Hopefully AD "leaning towards Portland" is just a smokescreen or his way of trying to get that extra 2 guaranteed years from the Lakers...
..:: J to tha R ::..
RIP Ryan "Franchise" (March 17, 1987 – May 13, 2006) Fight On!
Image
Madd props to hoopskillz for tha sig & avatar!
User avatar
JbOi112

 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:13 pm
Location: back & forth from Moorpark to USC

Postby Jello Jiggler on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:30 pm

Maybe its the injury that's preventing Jack from playing...or for that matter.....BEING SIGNED TO A CONTRACT .....BUT..

:man7: :man7: :man7:

It seems strange that the Blazers haven't signed him yet (I believe he is a 1st rounder) so in fact he can be dealt as part of a trade.

This is the reason I was soooo glad the Lakers signed Turiaf (unless they want him dealt by December) to a contract cuz I really like the guys motor.
<div><a><img>
<font><u>KoolAvatar.com</u></font></a>
Jello Jiggler

 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:25 am
Location: So Cal

Postby Zen on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:31 pm

Daniels Could Follow McMillan To Portland


http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _portland/


Not to say he won't come to the Lakers still but the chances are slimming. He could just be trying to get the most out of FA or a S&T.

Any other options?

Also a question, who would you prefer? Lamar Odom or Ron Artest playing for the Lakers? I hate Artest's attitude but that attitude comes from a desire to be the best. Something Odom seems to lack. I bet you Odom is in the Bahamas.
User avatar
Zen

 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:57 am

Re: A. Daniels to Portland means......could we land Jarrett

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:33 pm

Jello Jiggler wrote:Hmm.....Found this tidbit rumor from members Mel Rose and AmoebaD from LG.net

This is what AmoebaD dug up regarding the PG situation in Portland. Jack is being discussed in the draft forum here http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=4528

Quote:
I am looking to find more info on Jack's status. He is on Portlands Summer League.
Does not look like that they have played him yet. Telfair is getting all the love.

Here it is, from the Oregonian:

(link)
Someone from the Oregonian wrote:
Revealing moment number two: J[a]rrett Jack didn’t play, but, if I’m not mistaken, was sitting on the bench. If that was Jack, he took part in every huddle. This has to be a good thing, yes?

Someone from the Oregonian wrote:
Rookie Jarrett Jack will not participate in the Las Vegas Summer League in order to allow his injured ankle to heal.


And... According to Portland fans on the Portland RealGM boards he hasn't been signed yet because "there is no need to sign him yet" purportedly because he's sitting out the summer league to "heal from his ankle injury":

(link to RealGM Portland board thread entitled "Why hasnt Jack signed?")

So... he is available in a trade right now, meaning because he isn't signed yet then if he were to be traded to some place like the Lakers (after July 22nd) they wouldn't have to wait until December to trade him because they haven't signed him yet.

---------------------------------

And some more on the need for a veteran point guard to back up Telfair:

(link)
Someone from the Oregonian wrote:
One of two point guards

The Blazers have only two point guards -- the 6-foot Telfair and 6-3 Jarrett Jack, the No. 22 pick in the June 28 draft who is sitting out summer league with a sore left ankle. They also are looking to add a veteran free agent that can push Telfair for the starting job.

"I haven't told anybody that they will start. And I won't," McMillan said. "The players make that decision. If you earn it, and you take it, I'm more than happy to allow you to play. But, no, we won't ink anybody in right now."

Nash said Telfair is "a 24-minute player right now. I think he has earned that much time, based on the success he's had. But that's not my decision to make. That's really Nate's."

The Blazers already have committed to an estimated $58 million in salary for next season. They assume that number will put them over the salary cap but under the tax threshold, which the NBA will set at a certain percentage above the cap once the new collective bargaining agreement is approved. How much room the Blazers have under the threshold will help determine how much the Blazers spend on free agents, because Nash insists Portland "will not be a tax team."

Telfair said he's ready for the challenge.

"In the NBA, everybody's competing for jobs," Telfair said. "I'm going to work hard. You know, I would love to be a starter, and that's what I'm going to focus on."

Notes:

How important is it for the Blazers to add a veteran point guard?

"I don't know, and the real reason I don't know is because I don't know what to expect from Jarrett Jack," Nash said.


And continued from the next page, page 4:

(link)
Someone from the Oregonian wrote:
"We don't want to take on a veteran who is going to stifle the development of Sebastian or Jarrett," Nash said. "On the other hand, we're one injury away from having Jarrett as our starting point guard. So, you've got to walk that fine line, and that's where Nate and I need to do some discussing." . . .

Hmmn... I'm thinking they're not really thinking of Jarrett as the starter now nor in the future.


:man4: :man4: :man4:

So bottom line: Maybe a bigger trade to get rid of our glut of expiring contracts (Sasha, George, Cook, Vlade, Grant, Medvedenko) by trading with Portland to get Patterson, Ratliff, and JARETT JACK.

Portland (from the clippings) would sign AD and we might get a younger version of AD in Jack.

Wow, possible lineup:

PG: Jack
SG: Bryant
SF: Odom
PF: Brown
C: Mihm

Bench: Patterson, Rattliff, Touriaf, Bynum, JJ, Walton, Smush Parker.

Just a little bit more of the pipe WILL make this happen!!!!!! :jam2: :man11:


Well wait...why don't we trade George, Grant, and a Future 2nd for Ratliff, Jack, and AD???
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Re: A. Daniels to Portland means......could we land Jarrett

Postby Jello Jiggler on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:41 pm

The Laker Link wrote:Well wait...why don't we trade George, Grant, and a Future 2nd for Ratliff, Jack, and AD???


I'm no GM or insider...but from what I've gathered in the numerous Laker talks, Portland want to get rid of the Kobe Stopper so I'm including him in this supposed trade so both sides get some positives from the deal.

If you meant D. Anderson (DA instead of AD) , I would do that trade in a heartbeat!! I doubt Portland, after signing AD would give him AND Jack.
<div><a><img>
<font><u>KoolAvatar.com</u></font></a>
Jello Jiggler

 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:25 am
Location: So Cal

Re: A. Daniels to Portland means......could we land Jarrett

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:48 pm

Jello Jiggler wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:Well wait...why don't we trade George, Grant, and a Future 2nd for Ratliff, Jack, and AD???


I'm no GM or insider...but from what I've gathered in the numerous Laker talks, Portland want to get rid of the Kobe Stopper so I'm including him in this supposed trade so both sides get some positives from the deal.

If you meant D. Anderson (DA instead of AD) , I would do that trade in a heartbeat!! I doubt Portland, after signing AD would give him AND Jack.


Wait has AD comfirmed he wants to go to Portland with McMillan or is this just a rumor??? And I ment Daniels because we have been trying to get him...and plus I'd rather have Daniels than Anderson so....
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby KOBE8ODOM7 on Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:01 pm

To what team is AD leaning towards?... :thezen:
User avatar
KOBE8ODOM7

 
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:50 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby LKERFN on Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:17 pm

Dang, Antonio Daniels avg vs. SA was 17.4 in the playoffs. I hope he comes to LA :jam2:
User avatar
LKERFN

 
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:54 am
Location: Santa Ana, CA

who's jarret jack

Postby kobesneekz2005 on Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:25 pm

to continue with the subject, I've forgotten the name already.
User avatar
kobesneekz2005

 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: california

Postby flexxdzl on Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:34 pm

Jack and ratliff in a snt???? Hey I would be beyond happy because we would still have our mle and lle..to pick up some players that might get waived
User avatar
flexxdzl

 
Posts: 5799
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:30 am

Postby trodgers on Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:41 pm

If we got Ratliff, great...but not getting AD and settling on Jack would be a bad move. Jack isn't going to help us any time soon. If Chucky's gone, who's going to play PG for us?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby hZm on Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:56 pm

Having Jack on this team would make me scream like a little girl! EEEEEEEEEE!!!!
User avatar
hZm

 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Tarzana, California

Postby J-Smoove5 on Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:13 pm

User avatar
J-Smoove5

 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:29 am
Location: CaliForNia

Postby mrcaramale on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:31 pm

Isnt Mike James a free agent this year as well?
Bumble Bee Tuna... Bumble Bee Tuna!
User avatar
mrcaramale

 
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:43 pm
Location: westside

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:59 pm

Think about it, fellas..why woul we go after Jarett when we ALL KNOW Phil doesn't start rookies, ESPECIALLY a PG running the triangle. Pipe dream, fellas...pipe dream.
Guest

 

Postby DaNgerZoNe on Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:26 am

Yeah..then lakers still have to look for a veteran pg all over again.
DaNgerZoNe

 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:42 am

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:19 pm

Does "Hacksaw" qualify as a source? React to this! Was coming out of a parking structure yesterday so I didn't hear all of his comment but he was reporting that Daniels wants like 4 or more years at (again, not sure but maybe $5 mil or more) and Lakers only wanting to do the mid level for a couple of years to start. So now he's turning attention to Portland.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:44 pm

Zen wrote:Daniels Could Follow McMillan To Portland


http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _portland/


Not to say he won't come to the Lakers still but the chances are slimming. He could just be trying to get the most out of FA or a S&T.

Any other options?

Also a question, who would you prefer? Lamar Odom or Ron Artest playing for the Lakers? I hate Artest's attitude but that attitude comes from a desire to be the best. Something Odom seems to lack. I bet you Odom is in the Bahamas.
i would be 2 its my time off and hes rehabing from surgery hell yea i would be in the bahamas
User avatar
PurpleNGold1

 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:30 pm
Location: SFV/NOHO AREA


Return to Trade and Signing Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.