daniels to wizards

daniels to wizards

Postby Mastermixer8 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:18 pm

i herd on ESPn that Daniels is going to the wiz for 3 years
Mastermixer8

Postby Mark McNamara on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:30 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Got a link? I thought it was down to LA and POR.

Nevermind....it's in Discussion where it should be, since it isn't a Trade Rumor.
Mark McNamara

Postby static_inferno on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:39 pm

actually they agreed to 5 years...this sux AD woulda been perfect for the lakers...i thought he wanted to start but he goes to a team that has a good PG already...wutever i guess jaric would be the next best thing

here's a link to the article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2111968
static_inferno

Postby Mastermixer8 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:53 pm

i ment 5 years ..... man im so pissed right now. :bang: :bang: :bang:

goddamn u AD

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!
Mastermixer8

Postby Alleyhoops on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:39 pm

this is ridiculous. if the deal was similar, what would have kept AD out of a starting job in a major market like l.a.? is kobe a pariah that keeps players away? or is mitch just a dolt that can't close a deal? i will say this, watching him interact with other nba execs in the hospitality suite at the pyramid, it's clear that he is not what you would consider personable. listening to him speak, one gets the feeling he's dumb as a post. mitch has traded a proven contributor for a headcase that MIGHT contribute. i want to see him make ONE trade, sign ONE player on his own that will OBVIOUSLY help this team. the man just seems incapable of "pulling one off." i truly hope he proves me dead wrong. it's a shame to have lost AD. he would have been a great fit.
Alleyhoops

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:58 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:this is ridiculous. if the deal was similar, what would have kept AD out of a starting job in a major market like l.a.? is kobe a pariah that keeps players away? or is mitch just a dolt that can't close a deal? i will say this, watching him interact with other nba execs in the hospitality suite at the pyramid, it's clear that he is not what you would consider personable. listening to him speak, one gets the feeling he's dumb as a post. mitch has traded a proven contributor for a headcase that MIGHT contribute. i want to see him make ONE trade, sign ONE player on his own that will OBVIOUSLY help this team. the man just seems incapable of "pulling one off." i truly hope he proves me dead wrong. it's a shame to have lost AD. he would have been a great fit.

BREATHE!
One and then the two
Two and then the three
Three and then the four
Then you gotta BREATHE
LakersChamps04

Postby kobe4ever on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:03 am

Alleyhoops wrote:this is ridiculous. if the deal was similar, what would have kept AD out of a starting job in a major market like l.a.? is kobe a pariah that keeps players away? or is mitch just a dolt that can't close a deal? i will say this, watching him interact with other nba execs in the hospitality suite at the pyramid, it's clear that he is not what you would consider personable. listening to him speak, one gets the feeling he's dumb as a post. mitch has traded a proven contributor for a headcase that MIGHT contribute. i want to see him make ONE trade, sign ONE player on his own that will OBVIOUSLY help this team. the man just seems incapable of "pulling one off." i truly hope he proves me dead wrong. it's a shame to have lost AD. he would have been a great fit.

he wanted more money and more length to the contract... because lets say lakers signed him to a 11 million/ 2 years. since daniels is getting old he thought dat the lakers wouldnt sign him after 2 years. and all the other teams will sign him for less than MLE. but if he go to washington he will have about 5.5 million each year until 2010.
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:29 am

So Many AD threads :sing: :sing: :sing:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Lamar4MVP on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:53 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:So Many AD threads :sing: :sing: :sing:

Why we not just sign Chris Duhon or Jay Williams

I know that Jay is actually is working out with the heat but u neva know
Lamar4MVP

Postby KB24 on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:06 am

Lets go after
Watson
Jaric
Duhon
Dixon

damn it. How dumb is Daniels? :man7:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Laker Fanatic on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:11 am

AD just went for the security...he knows he would never get as good a deal as 30M over 5 years...this is his last chance to make some money...he doesn't care about playing, just getting the max offer possible.

i don't think getting him for 5 years would have been the best thing possible...2 year max would have worked perfectly but it is a business!

mitch better get something done this year or he should go!
Jerry West is the BEST!
Laker Fanatic

Postby blackhooded on Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:51 am

mitch is not sociable at all.

he never smiles or makes a joke.

we dropped the ball on AD. I think we are far too worried about 07 FA money.

i think we would have been serious contenders with AD.

now, we shall see guards cutting up our D again. I'm sick of seeing it. and we traded away the back up.

We have talked of suring up the PG all summer.

come on cupcake.
blackhooded

Postby Alleyhoops on Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:21 am

blackhooded wrote:mitch is not sociable at all.

he never smiles or makes a joke.

we dropped the ball on AD. I think we are far too worried about 07 FA money.

i think we would have been serious contenders with AD.

now, we shall see guards cutting up our D again. I'm sick of seeing it. and we traded away the back up.

We have talked of suring up the PG all summer.

come on cupcake.

that's what i'm talking about. the inside of the inner workings of making a deal. "the art of making a deal." included in the crunching of numbers and the black and white aspects of dealmaking is a critical element - an ephemeral, fleeting element; the shmooze, the joke, the smile, the gesture - small, seemingly insignificant elements - saying or doing things that make others comfortable when working out deals. it's strictly a personality thing - something refined that you can't quite put your finger on. you might scoff and think that those things are not important. they are. read books by business luminaries such as lee iacoca, warren buffet, steve wozniak, etc. these things are critical. unortunately we have a rather coarse, socially maladjusted, humorless character trying to make deals. it certainly does not work in our favor.
Alleyhoops

Postby SBLaker$ on Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:37 pm

3 Peat! :bow:
    [list=]

Gandhi wouldn't have signed AD if all we we're offering him was 2 yrs vs the Wiz's 5.........maybe shooting for 07' FA $ is hard to swallow now, but patience my Laker brethren, the triangle doesn't even need a true PG
[/list][/code]
"You are only a success at the moment that you do a successful act" - Tex Winter
SBLaker$

Postby Sirron on Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:06 pm

Daniels was just the flavor of the moment guys. He isn't all that anyways. I'm sure we will get a serviceable guard in for the next two years--while we continue to REBUILD. We can't seriously think we are contending for the next couple of years with the yungins....
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas