i don't know if this falls under...yeah it's juicy

Postby jminges on Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:44 pm

McHale could potentially take Odom, Mihm, Boozer and our lottery pick.
Last edited by jminges on Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jminges

Postby Kingsama on Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:05 pm

flexxdzl wrote:
Shaq has an option at the end of this year and would be a unrestricted FA. Same with Tmac. They both basically said they could and would walk if they didnt like it. KG is under contract until 08-09 i believe. So where shaq said trade me to where it snows, and i will not be there longer than a year, KG couldnt. Thats while shaq is in miami and not in indy...

I think shaq did that to make sure that LA could not benift in a major way with him being gone...Think just if we had gotten artest and oneal and timsley we would never say oh it was a mistake to trade shaq. He wanted to be in a place where he could still compete for a ring but we wouldn't

i doesnt matter what the motivation is, it matters that he had leverage that KG doesnt have, end of story...

flexxdzl wrote: Pipe was.......... kings trading webber for brian skinner and change.

Pipe was tracy mcgrady for steve francis

pipe was trading shaq for LO and BG

pipe was trading martin for .....??? I for got..lol

pipe was trading elton brand for....???

pipe was the baron davis trade

ect..

There are peice pipes and crack pipes...all NBA team smoke both let's hope it could work in our favor

Webber is old and beat up, had beef with peja, and was looking like a cancer.

Tracy had leverage, ie he could walk.

Shaq had the leverage and wanted to play for riles.

Martin was going to Denver regardless of what denver was going to do, this way they at least got picks out of it.

Elton was traded for two picks that have now helped the baby bulls make it into the playoffs.

Baron davis was a cancer, was injured, and wasnt playing because he was "hurt"...

KG is arguably the best player in the L, and is the only one playing with heart on that squad. Not to mention that he is an upstanding citizen and is looked in for the next 4 years. KG to LA is and always will be PURE PIPE
Kingsama

Postby jminges on Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:34 pm

Trade for Boozer and Bender ... then trade them both with Jones for Garnett
Last edited by jminges on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jminges

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:43 pm

jaminges wrote:Mihm, Boozer, Butler and a lottery pick. He gets our starting center and power forward, a stud and a lottery pick. We keep our egotistical star and a pot-head who has already shamed one Los Angeles team ... throw KG in that mess and that's not a championship team. Meanwhile, McHale gets the upside of three young guys' careers - three starters - and a high pick.

I'm sure its a typo...but how can we offer Boozer to the Wolves if we still have both Odom and Caron?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kob3eight on Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:45 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
jaminges wrote:Mihm, Boozer, Butler and a lottery pick. He gets our starting center and power forward, a stud and a lottery pick. We keep our egotistical star and a pot-head who has already shamed one Los Angeles team ... throw KG in that mess and that's not a championship team. Meanwhile, McHale gets the upside of three young guys' careers - three starters - and a high pick.

I'm sure its a typo...but how can we offer Boozer to the Wolves if we still have both Odom and Caron?

Because this is NBA LIVE
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby Still A Dynasty on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:10 pm

sure we could land KG...but they arent gonna trade him...if they did i gurantee this would work

odom
mihm
lotto
atkins
divac
cook

for
kg
hudson

then we do the bender deal

try and get dalemberty witht he MLE or another big
LLE-divac
LLE-person

leaves us with

Dalembert/Divac
Garnett/Bender/Grant
Butler/Jones/Walton
Bryant/Stoudamire/Person
Hudson/Jack/Vujacic

thats the absolute best we could do with KG
Still A Dynasty

Postby SWOL on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:26 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:

IM SURE IF WE THROW IN STEVE FRANCIS, THEY WILL GO FOR IT
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby MGX on Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:10 pm

You think if we still had Shaq we could have traded him for KG straight up this year?

Do the numbers fit?

Last year seemed like the worst time to trade Shaq.
Maybe if it was this year or the year before, teams would have given up a hell of a lot.

This will be an interesting summer, no doubt

KG could happen, although it is unlikely.

Kobe, KG and Phil could be the next Laker dynasty?!
LAKER NATION!
RAIDER NATION!

STAND UP!
MGX

Postby Shooter871 on Sun May 01, 2005 12:13 am

I think the lakers would trade him where he wants to go because they have tremendous respect for Kevin Garrnett and having him stay there for ten years and only making through the first round once, the least they could do is let him choose the team he wants to go to.
Shooter871

Postby Laker Jam on Wed May 11, 2005 2:46 pm

abeer3 wrote:
swolswol wrote:I MIGHT BE OFF MY ROCKER, BUT, IF THE WOLVES WERE TO BE SHOPPING THE BIG TICKET, WHICH I DO NOT THINK THEY ARE, THEY WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND A BETTER DEAL THAN THIS

ODOM
BUTLER
#1 (#10 THIS YEAR)

NOW WE'D HAVE A BUNCH OF TURDS AROUND KOBE AND KG, BUT WOULD YOU NEED ANY THING SPECIAL AROUND THOSE 2???

MAKE THE INDIANA TRADE, DG, SLAVA, #2 AND A FURTURE #1 FOR BENDER AND #17, TRADE UP IF NEED BE TO GET JARETT JACK

SIGN, MARCO JARIC TO THE MLE, AND STEVEN HUNTER TO THE LLE

JARIC / JACK
KOBE / SASHA
BENDER / JJ / LUKE
KG / GRANT / BENDER (HE CAN PLAY 3 AND 4)
MIHM / HUNTER

if this writer is to be believed (and i don't think he is), then wally and troy would have to be in (i'd bet maybe even hassell or kandi--any bad contracts they have).

it would have to be a mammoth deal. if the lakers were in it:

kg/wally/troy= about 33 million (i think)

for

odom/butler/mihm/vlade/chucky/cook/#1= about 30 million

in the end, the deal would be kind of like trading gp, shaq, and rick fox for kg, wally, and troy hudson. which is ok with me.

my scenario still allows for the bender trade, too, though i believe the lakers would be left with like 6 players under contract and no money to get others.

anyway, more pipe dreams...

Actually, each team has a never ending supply of veteran minimums it can use to sign players. Don't confuse this with the LLE, but it's a minimum salary based on the # of years a player has been in the league. The Lakers would clearly use those minimums to sign players that fill out the roster (Cato, Strickland - probably old guys and NBA rejects)
Laker Jam

Postby Okki on Wed May 11, 2005 3:03 pm

swolswol wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:

IM SURE IF WE THROW IN STEVE FRANCIS, THEY WILL GO FOR IT

ahhahaha!

let's trade LO for Boozer then trade Boozer, LO, mihm for KG ahahhahahahah
cut the crap!
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby DMK on Wed May 11, 2005 5:58 pm

Kevin Garnett was the MVP of the league last season..... EASILY deserving. He is arguably top 3 best all around players in the game (Kobe,Lebron) not to mention this past season he OWNED double doubles and 20/20 games. Hes a BEAST and he is the franchise of minnesota. Duhh. Trading him would be almost as shocking as LA trading shaquille Oneal, but atleast shaq demanded the trade so some seen it coming.

Minne could move in a different direction, but trading KG is like LA trading Kobe.... utter silly.

We need to fill our pipes with reasonable thoughts. A disgruntled Stevie Franchise??? How bout a possibly available Ron Artest? I think there are many fine players that could compliment LA and im sure there are a few who wouldnt mind playing for Phil Jackson, the legen coach with 9 rings whos coached 6 of the greatest players to ever walk the planet. That of course is depending on if he decides to in fact coach (which i believe he will ;))

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby RaGz2RiCh3z00 on Wed May 11, 2005 7:15 pm

clublakers wrote:Hey, I know, maybe the wolves give us Garnett for Odom, Grand and Butler?

...naw, that would be insane.

just need to squeeze in some more people to make em more happy.. medvedeno and tierre brown.. :)
RaGz2RiCh3z00

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed May 11, 2005 8:18 pm

realdealbneal wrote:
clublakers wrote:Hey, I know, maybe the wolves give us Garnett for Odom, Grand and Butler?

...naw, that would be insane.

They might as well. Who wouldn't wanna wear the purple and gold? :man1:

Shaq
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby gill on Thu May 12, 2005 12:55 am

flexxdzl wrote: Pipe was.......... kings trading webber for brian skinner and change.

Pipe was tracy mcgrady for steve francis

pipe was trading shaq for LO and BG

pipe was trading martin for .....??? I for got..lol

pipe was trading elton brand for....???

pipe was the baron davis trade

ect..

There are peice pipes and crack pipes...all NBA team smoke both let's hope it could work in our favor

Don't forget the Vince Carter pipe, which we Raptors fans know quite well around here. Vince Carter for 'Zo (who never played a single damn game for us), Eric Williams (saw limited action), and Aaron Williams (my MVP for best bench warmer this past season).
gill

nahh

Postby dinlabreak on Fri May 13, 2005 12:39 am

fellas, as much as i would love to see KG come to L.A., it aint gonna happen. we ruled the NBA for 5 years and destroyed all the competition, now the king is dead and no one is gonna wanna help us. heres a trade that might work, odom+butler+grant for shaq. Now that trade would really help.
dinlabreak

Re: nahh

Postby Okki on Fri May 13, 2005 2:41 pm

dinlabreak wrote:fellas, as much as i would love to see KG come to L.A., it aint gonna happen. we ruled the NBA for 5 years and destroyed all the competition, now the king is dead and no one is gonna wanna help us. heres a trade that might work, odom+butler+grant for shaq. Now that trade would really help.

WUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby ahaider15 on Tue May 17, 2005 8:18 pm

LA Lakers are the Yankees of Basketball we just need ot put our heads together and find a ways to get good trades. I think we should not mock our teams management because thier track record for making playoff teams is the best in the NBA
ahaider15

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:54 am

If we get Phil back we would be back in the playoffs. When we get rid of Grans awfull contract we would be able to contend for the title once again. Patience is a virtue.
Anthracit3

Postby DMK on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:37 pm

........ :bang: :bang: :bang:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas