i don't know if this falls under...yeah it's juicy

i don't know if this falls under...yeah it's juicy

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:15 am

In the off-season the Timberwolves will put Kevin Garnett on the market rather than try to piece together another expensive supporting cast for him. Potential trade partners will have to take swingman Wally Szcerbiak and point guard Troy Hudson in the deal as well.

This is from SI i was told.....

Let me know if I am an insider or just and outsider that can read...lol
flexxdzl

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:19 am

I am not a big KG trade dude I barely even respond to KG talk
I am like most that this is pipe butttttttttt

THey will send KG when it is he wants to go I am seeing a ricky williams move on LA's part ( football ricky )???
flexxdzl

Postby clublakers on Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:29 am

Hey, I know, maybe the wolves give us Garnett for Odom, Grand and Butler?

...naw, that would be insane.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Real Deal on Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:32 am

clublakers wrote:Hey, I know, maybe the wolves give us Garnett for Odom, Grand and Butler?

They might as well. Who wouldn't wanna wear the purple and gold? :man1:
Real Deal

Postby Lakers1 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:45 am

clublakers wrote:Hey, I know, maybe the wolves give us Garnett for Odom, Grand and Butler?

thats what we did for shaq,shaq is better than KG
okay wrote:I would throw Shaq in the fire as well. Maybe he could burn a calorie or two.

VerbalMilk wrote:
What would it take to get Joe Johnson?

Jesus.
Lakers1

Re: i don't know if this falls under...yeah it's juicy

Postby Guest on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:08 am

flexxdzl wrote:In the off-season the Timberwolves will put Kevin Garnett on the market rather than try to piece together another expensive supporting cast for him. Potential trade partners will have to take swingman Wally Szcerbiak and point guard Troy Hudson in the deal as well.

Ya I read this in SI too, I was shocked to see it and Im not sure how valid it is...I think its just this writer's opinion but hopefully he knows what he is talking about

Postby SWOL on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:31 am

I MIGHT BE OFF MY ROCKER, BUT, IF THE WOLVES WERE TO BE SHOPPING THE BIG TICKET, WHICH I DO NOT THINK THEY ARE, THEY WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND A BETTER DEAL THAN THIS

ODOM
BUTLER
#1 (#10 THIS YEAR)

NOW WE'D HAVE A BUNCH OF TURDS AROUND KOBE AND KG, BUT WOULD YOU NEED ANY THING SPECIAL AROUND THOSE 2???

MAKE THE INDIANA TRADE, DG, SLAVA, #2 AND A FURTURE #1 FOR BENDER AND #17, TRADE UP IF NEED BE TO GET JARETT JACK

SIGN, MARCO JARIC TO THE MLE, AND STEVEN HUNTER TO THE LLE

JARIC / JACK
KOBE / SASHA
BENDER / JJ / LUKE
KG / GRANT / BENDER (HE CAN PLAY 3 AND 4)
MIHM / HUNTER
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby abeer3 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:40 am

swolswol wrote:I MIGHT BE OFF MY ROCKER, BUT, IF THE WOLVES WERE TO BE SHOPPING THE BIG TICKET, WHICH I DO NOT THINK THEY ARE, THEY WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND A BETTER DEAL THAN THIS

ODOM
BUTLER
#1 (#10 THIS YEAR)

NOW WE'D HAVE A BUNCH OF TURDS AROUND KOBE AND KG, BUT WOULD YOU NEED ANY THING SPECIAL AROUND THOSE 2???

MAKE THE INDIANA TRADE, DG, SLAVA, #2 AND A FURTURE #1 FOR BENDER AND #17, TRADE UP IF NEED BE TO GET JARETT JACK

SIGN, MARCO JARIC TO THE MLE, AND STEVEN HUNTER TO THE LLE

JARIC / JACK
KOBE / SASHA
BENDER / JJ / LUKE
KG / GRANT / BENDER (HE CAN PLAY 3 AND 4)
MIHM / HUNTER

if this writer is to be believed (and i don't think he is), then wally and troy would have to be in (i'd bet maybe even hassell or kandi--any bad contracts they have).

it would have to be a mammoth deal. if the lakers were in it:

kg/wally/troy= about 33 million (i think)

for

odom/butler/mihm/vlade/chucky/cook/#1= about 30 million

in the end, the deal would be kind of like trading gp, shaq, and rick fox for kg, wally, and troy hudson. which is ok with me.

my scenario still allows for the bender trade, too, though i believe the lakers would be left with like 6 players under contract and no money to get others.

anyway, more pipe dreams...
abeer3

Postby Kingsama on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:58 am

if the Kid goes i think he has more of a chance to land at these places.

Kingsama wrote:
Now i haven’t looked at all the particulars so the numbers would have to make sense, but this is the best i could do in a few minutes using hoops hype salaries...

1. Chicago - They have a bevy of young talent at all positions. They could easily package a resigned chandler or curry with any of the following Kirk, Gordon, Deng, Nicioni, and if they needed to make number match they throw in Antonio Davis' 13 mill.
Minny gets young talent at two maybe three positions, and Chi town gets KG and maybe some unwanted talent (Candy or Cassell). I would say that would be very appealing for both sides. Oh and iirc KG is from IL so a home coming of sort for the Kid...

2. New York - far be it from Zeke to actually pull this deal off, but this summer he is sitting pretty with over 30 mil in expiring contracts. The Knick’s could take KG while removing the migraine of Candy and Cassell for instant FA availability and/or a young talented player in Crawford. The Knick’s are already after Wally, so maybe he is involved some way too. Flip is on NY radar it seems which could add to the fun.
Minny could walk away with young talent and plenty of cap, and NY could get there shooter and a top three talent to build around.

3. Indiana - With Artest perhaps on the block too perhaps a KG for Artest Jackson and foster package could really tilt Frankenstein’s interest. There are other options here too including JO and Croshere’s ugly contract(but at least he play hard and isn’t a cancer like the Candy Cassell connection). In the end you have a number of packages that could make both teams drool.

4. Orlando - In Orlando you have a legit all star-esc player in Franchise (21 7 6 this year), you also have a collection of young players with promise and grant hill who is a solid player and has a contract that could be thrown in to make the numbers work. Now the magic aren’t giving up Howard, and would probably want to hold on to Nelson if Stevie is going. So the magic package Stevie, Stevenson (who played great late), Hedo, and maybe grant or Cato (depending on what Minny is sending) for KG and company.
At minimum Orlando gets a KG and Minny get Stevie and some younger talent.

5. Washington - With Antawn, a resigned Hughs, and Gilbert the wiz have three different center pieces to their package, and with Kwame, Etan, and Haywood they have decent bigs to throw in. They also have plenty of cheap youngsters to make the numbers match. Minny could potentially walk away with Antawn, and Gilber or Hughs, or Gilbert or Hughes and some youngsters.

Minney gets some young proven talent and perhaps a flower waiting to bloom in brown. Wiz gets the Kidd and change.

Kingsama

Postby Sharpshooter on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:02 pm

i think if kg wants to come minn would have to do it, if they didnt theyd look like a mean organization who doesnt reward loyalty one iota.
Sharpshooter

Postby Kingsama on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:04 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:i think if kg wants to come minn would have to do it, if they didnt theyd look like a mean organization who doesnt reward loyalty one iota.

The NBA is first and foremost a business. In the age of Free Agency and blockbuster contracts none of that matters. If KG goes anywhere it will most likely be the place that benifits Minny the most...
Kingsama

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:15 pm

I dis agree some... KG if if if....he said I want to play there (LA) they would do that we do have the best result for him with number ones and ex. contracts...

That is why would could not trade shaq to INDY he said he was not going, if KG does the same he will force MN to take a bad deal like shaq forced us to do....remember mitch is not stupid he would have traded shaq for J.Oneal or KG ( younger players ) but shaq said no no no KG could do the same

That would give minny a few more draft picks 1st round in a year they would be under the cap ( not sure about this but ) we might have the most and quickest ex. contracts of any of these teams and that would make them a player at the deadline and in FA the next year this is said to be one of the better dafts so they could rebuild qicker...just a thought
Last edited by flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flexxdzl

Postby Kingsama on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:19 pm

flexxdzl wrote:I dis agree some... KG if if if....he said I want to play there (LA) they would do that we do have the best result for him with number ones and ex. contracts...

That is why would could not trade shaq to INDY he said he was not going, if KG does the same he will force MN to take a bad deal like shaq forced us to do....remember mitch is not stupid he would have traded shaq for J.Oneal or KG ( younger players ) but shaq said no no no KG could do the same

Shaq has an option at the end of this year and would be a unrestricted FA. Same with Tmac. They both basically said they could and would walk if they didnt like it. KG is under contract until 08-09 i believe. So where shaq said trade me to where it snows, and i will not be there longer than a year, KG couldnt. Thats while shaq is in miami and not in indy...
Kingsama

Re: i don't know if this falls under...yeah it's juicy

Postby Mark McNamara on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:22 pm

flexxdzl wrote:In the off-season the Timberwolves will put Kevin Garnett on the market rather than try to piece together another expensive supporting cast for him. Potential trade partners will have to take swingman Wally Szcerbiak and point guard Troy Hudson in the deal as well.

The trade partner will have to take KG + Wally and Troy also? That's a huge package. If we do that deal we would have to give up Caron, Odom, change AND a boatload of picks for sure. Still, I would do it no question.

Troy
Kobe
WallyWorld
KG
Mihm

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Last edited by Mark McNamara on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark McNamara

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:27 pm

It would still tak us a year or 2 to get rolling even with kg so what we would give up would be but mere pittance..I would do it now!
flexxdzl

Postby GuRu on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:30 pm

Image + Image = Image
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Mark McNamara on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:30 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:i think if kg wants to come minn would have to do it, if they didnt theyd look like a mean organization who doesnt reward loyalty one iota.

Exactly what I was thinking....KG has carried them through the bad times, he has never complained or bad mouthed the franchise, he's been the ultimate good soldier. Minny has so much respect for KG, if management wanted to rebuild around him again, and KG told them he wanted no part of starting over, I think they'd grant him his wish.
Mark McNamara

Postby Mark McNamara on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:31 pm

GuRu wrote:Image + Image = Image

:man10: Man, where do you come up with these things.
Mark McNamara

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:31 pm

Shaq has an option at the end of this year and would be a unrestricted FA. Same with Tmac. They both basically said they could and would walk if they didnt like it. KG is under contract until 08-09 i believe. So where shaq said trade me to where it snows, and i will not be there longer than a year, KG couldnt. Thats while shaq is in miami and not in indy...

I think shaq did that to make sure that LA could not benift in a major way with him being gone...Think just if we had gotten artest and oneal and timsley we would never say oh it was a mistake to trade shaq. He wanted to be in a place where he could still compete for a ring but we wouldn't
flexxdzl

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:33 pm

Kingsama wrote:
flexxdzl wrote:I dis agree some... KG if if if....he said I want to play there (LA) they would do that we do have the best result for him with number ones and ex. contracts...

Exactly right......Shaq had leverage....and that is why the Lakers got abused in the Miami trade....not even getting Wade!

KG will not have that leverage and if a move were to be made, Minny would get at least players they would want in return. We simply don't have the pieces that other teams can throw Minny's way.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:37 pm

flexxdzl wrote:

I think shaq did that to make sure that LA could not benift in a major way with him being gone...Think just if we had gotten artest and oneal and timsley we would never say oh it was a mistake to trade shaq. He wanted to be in a place where he could still compete for a ring but we wouldn't

I seriously doubt that flexx....I really believe that Shaq just wanted a warm climate and Indy was just not that town. For Shaq it was either Florida because of climate and his previous roots there or Dallas because he knew Cuban would pay to take care of him.....but either way you dice it, Shaq had some major leverage do to the way Laker mangement handled the whole situation. It was just a very bad trade overall.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:39 pm

Pipe was.......... kings trading webber for brian skinner and change.

Pipe was tracy mcgrady for steve francis

pipe was trading shaq for LO and BG

pipe was trading martin for .....??? I for got..lol

pipe was trading elton brand for....???

pipe was the baron davis trade

ect..

There are peice pipes and crack pipes...all NBA team smoke both let's hope it could work in our favor
flexxdzl

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:42 pm

I seriously doubt that flexx....I really believe that Shaq just wanted a warm climate and Indy was just not that town. For Shaq it was either Florida because of climate and his previous roots there or Dallas because he knew Cuban would pay to take care of him.....but either way you dice it, Shaq had some major leverage do to the way Laker mangement handled the whole situation. It was just a very bad trade overall

I ....prob. agree with that some....but still he really was mad at that point and it has to have crossed his mind or we could have traded him to PHX? or if it had to be east orlando?
flexxdzl

Postby Mark McNamara on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:42 pm

flexxdzl wrote: Pipe was.......... kings trading webber for brian skinner and change.

Pipe was tracy mcgrady for steve francis

pipe was trading shaq for LO and BG

pipe was trading martin for .....??? I for got..lol

pipe was trading elton brand for....???

pipe was the baron davis trade

ect..

There are peice pipes and crack pipes...all NBA team smoke both let's hope it could work in our favor

Good point. Pipe dreams happen all the time. Anything can happen. Keep the KG hope alive. :man1: :man13:
Mark McNamara

Postby ahaider15 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:08 pm

I read this somewhere in like an Orange County Report but Kobe said Kevin was one of the players in the league who he respected so if Kevin demaded a trade like shaq or vince carter he could possibly go to the lakers but i doubt it because hes too pacific and he likes to take the blame and fix the mistakes
ahaider15

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas